Peaches Update

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Peaches Update

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:02 am

I like the sound of this vet. You found a good one I think. Hoping for the best. I am thinking the fluids and hoping.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby WickedLady » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Beth, just found out about her. (don't check in often) Hope all goes well.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:28 pm

I’m following the story of Peaches, and, keeping positive thoughts for her. I know she is in good hands with you as her “Mother”. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby avalen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 pm

So glad your seeing improvement already, and keeping her in my prayers for continued improvement
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:48 pm

I love this vet! That said, Peaches is doing great. She'll be on meds for the congestive heart failure the rest of her life. And, she'll probably be on a very low dose of the diuretic... or off and on to begin with. Right now I have to fatten her back up... she's eating so it'll probably just take longer to come back on than it did to disappear (if only lol).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dpf » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:18 pm

That's great new Beth.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby snowball » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:17 pm

very good news so glad that things are looking up
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:36 am

So glad to hear this Beth. Tell Peaches to keep up the good work and get those pounds back. So glad you’ve found a good vet. Continued prayers for you both.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 am

Great news that Peaches is doing so much better. Glad you found a good vet.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 am

Doing the happy dance for you and for Peaches. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. :D

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks everyone. I don't think she'll make it back to 100% but if her progress so far (and if we can get the weight back on her) I'm ecstatic. I hated posting what was going on, but I honestly thought I was losing her... Too soon.

This vet came in the exam room apologizing to me. I had no clue why. He said he thought about us all weekend and meant to call to see how she was doing. Honestly, I think he wanted to but was almost afraid to... He saw her at her worst. He was overjoyed with her improvement and it was obvious. I'd recommend him to anyone...
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 pm

That’s so good to hear Beth. You found a winner in that vet. Was he recommended to you? Tell Peaches we think about her every day and are counting on her to keep putting that weight on. (((((HUGS))))) and prayers.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

:D So happy to read the encouraging news! Adding my support for a ‘back to normal’ recovery!
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 pm

monik7 wrote:That’s so good to hear Beth. You found a winner in that vet. Was he recommended to you? Tell Peaches we think about her every day and are counting on her to keep putting that weight on. (((((HUGS))))) and prayers.
Sandi

Sandi, the "bad" vet was recommended to me. I selected this one online and got lucky. I did read their reviews to help my decision.

People in the park were all stopping us tonight... Some didn't know much, but noticed us walking while she was so sick. Today she had a wagging tail and smile and they stopped me to say how happy they are to see her feeling better. And, yes, it is a very noticeable difference. Yay!
Beth
Bethers

Previous

Return to Pets