Mid January Already!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Mid January Already!

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 am

Morning. This month like last year is moving right along. Seems like we were just wishing each other Happy New Year and boom, half a month gone.

See the east coast is still getting battered. Tough winter for you folks. Cold front came through here on Thursday night and dropped the temp 35 degrees in 14 hours. Flash freeze iced up the wet roads and closed schools, but that was all. By late morning, things were rolling up here. Side roads like mine are ice though due to being snowpacked. There is some bare road but not enough to go for a walk. Am hoping for a bit of snow to cover it up. County has been spreading a mix of sand/salt out, so that helps. Warming up again by end of next week.

Went to the RV show and browsed a bit. Was just a local dealer and mostly all big trailers, lots of 5ers. But found a few itrms they brought out from their store and will get them later this spring. But it certainly has given me hitch itch. Makes me wish I could get in my trailer and work on my little remodels I want to do, but of course will have to wait for warmer weather. Just wait till spring gets here......

Farmers market and couple of stops this morning. Not sure what else after that. Wishing you all a nice say. Stay warm, dry, safe, wherever you are. Those with illnesses, hope you get to feeling better.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Mid January Already!

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 am

Good morning ladies
Waiting for daylight here out in the desert. The horizon is just beginning to lighten up. I see those hills off in the distance and wishing I had a jeep to go explore the dirt trails. Someday I will !!
We've had nice weather out her in Quartzsite, cool in the morning and sunny and comfortable in the day. Very slight breeze yesterday. Maggie and I did a really nice walk down in the wash exploring and of course always keeping my eyes peeled for some really strange rock.
Wishing all of you in the ice storm could be here instead.
Y'all have a great day, be safe and stay warm.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Morning. Peaches, the little brat who sat in the vet's office and let me poke her and acted like we do this everyday had a totally different reaction this morning when it was just the two of us. After pulling out twice I told her in no uncertain terms to not move... Stuck her again and she acted like yesterday. Brat. I'm the one upset. She's looking at me wagging her tail. Wish I could give her a good girl treat!

Supposed to be 77 today. Was a breeze walking this morning, so the cold desert morning felt colder... As normally the sun feels so warm.

Hope everyone in that cold blast out east is safe and staying inside as much as possible.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Feel for you Beth! I did sub q on 3 different cats so far, but years ago. It was a challenge. We are hanging in here. I've had a nasty cough and my asthma out of whack since last Tuesday and because no fever and no severe body aches I'm staying away from Dr as I don't want to be exposed to something worse! I'm handling it with increased inhalers. Mel is ok. Next Tuesday he will have a port placed in upper chest to make chemo easier since IV can only be in right arm and those veins are getting difficult. Good news is all chemo, blood draws and administration of dye for CT can be done via port. Bad news and it's minor, is, a occasional extra trip into Sacramento for the CT vs having it nearby. Has had 2 doses of the new chemo so far and as predicted he is not having terrible side effects. Keeping fingers crossed that continues and that it kills cancer.
Stay safe all n the very cold regions !
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:06 pm

I haven't had to do a sub q on anything yet. I have enough trouble putting a flea treatment on some of the cats. Stinky is due for her annual checkup. Last year they wanted to do a senior profile because of her age. She gets so upset just going to the vet. She usually throws up and poops in the kennel on the 20 minute ride. They ended up having to sedate her to just draw blood. I hope we don't have to go through that again.

I was greeted with "where the hell have you been" when I got to the nursing home. I knew it was going to be a fun morning. He wasn't going to eat the slop they serve and was going to go to a restaurant. There is no way he can get out of the wheel chair except fall out and I was afraid he was going to do that. He kept messing with the chair and trying to unlock the wheels. He did end up eating most of his lunch and was happy because he had ice cream. I need to remember to bring one of his magazines for him to look at while we wait. They bring them to the lunch room about 10:45 and don't bring trays around until about 11:30.

It got down to 31 last night. I had to go turn the heat on in the camper at 10:00 because I had forgotten to do that. It's suppose to get down to 27 tonight.

I made reservations for a campout on the 25th. I just hope it's not too cold. I'm not going if it's freezing. The February campout is in Mississippi and I doubt I will go to that. It would be about a 5 hour trip. I am so ready to go camping.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby beazle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Morning is long past, but thought I’d pop in for an update. We’re due to get more snow Sunday night into Monday so decided to take off a day early, leaving tomorrow morning. We’re heading southwest via the slowpoke, “retired folks” route. Only 11 degrees here while we went to pick up & load the RV. Wasn’t too bad until hitching up the car - dang it was cold! Still not warmed up all the way 2 hours later! Heading due south as fast as we can, but stopping at Graceland and Hot Springs before we get to the lower tier. Want to see the Elvis tour and get a spa day on the way. Then mosey across Texas visiting friends for a week, Carlsbad & Alamogordo for a few days, arriving in Tucson early February. Can’t wait for some heat and hoping to meet up with a few more WRV sistahs this trip, too. Cheryl (IrishIroamed) for sure, and will look in at Gilbert Ray, too.
Happy (and warm) trails to all of you,
Eileen
beazle

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:07 am

Getting on here at the tail end of the day...

I drove out to Palm Springs on Thursday morning. I wanted to check out a small travel trailer I saw on CL just north of there, on Friday. I got to the motel around noon and had planned to go to the Villagefest later in the evening in downtown Palm Springs (several blocks closed off for vendors selling locally made arts and crafts, food, and music, every Thursday evening). I haven't gone to that for many years so was anxious to go again. Since I had some time to kill, I decided to go out to Thousand Palms Oasis in the desert. It is literally an oasis with lots of huge palm trees and water ponds. I took a one hour hike and started not feeling good so headed back to the car and back to the motel. I decided to take a nap. By the time I woke up, it was getting late and I was really feeling crappy so decided to just skip the Villagefest (it takes alot to keep me from shopping!) and go to bed eary. I did go out and pick up some Zicam and some snacks and stopped at Denny's for dinner.
Got up early on Friday morning feeling quite a bit better (I was afraid maybe I had that flu that is going around but maybe just a cold coming on instead). Drove up to see the camper. It was really cute, in good condition and was just what I want. However, I decided I am just not willing to give up the money right now for a camper. I need it more for the house right now. Drove back home in time for a quick nap and then headed to work for the rest of the day.

So that is my story...back to working on the house now. :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee