Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:36 am

Feeling all pleased with myself and the world this morning. I just heard from one of my 20-somethings, the kids who hung around at my place while they were growing up. This year, she was thinking about the tree decorating party I used to throw every year, and she had one at her apartment with her friends. I hope I get photos! :D
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Liz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 pm

Great to see the results of your positive influence on young people.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Colliemom » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:04 am

Hugs and prayers for you and your loved ones.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:14 am

Oh, thanks, Liz, but I don't know that I was a huge influence on any of them. Just bits around the edges.

This particular kid had a really rough time through no fault of her own. It makes me happy right down to my toes to realize something I did gave her such a good memory that she wants to re-create it now that she's all grown up. Joy!
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Good Christmas story Louise. And, good for you!!! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:19 am

I laughed so hard at the zebra (zebra!) pulling a sleigh that Gayle made me climb in for a photo. :lol:
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 am

Louise, that's a great picture!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:17 pm

wanted to pop into the campfire and wish one and all a very Merry Christmas!!!
hope the day has been what you wanted and needed
sheila
snowball

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 am

We had a really good hunt yesterday. Gayle found this for her granddaughter, who really loves her American Girl Dolls. You can't really see it in the photo, but the booth has a jukebox that plays four songs! Of course, we had to get down on the floor and play with it as soon as we got home -- even though Julia won't get it until June. :lol:
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 am

It is fun to have someone to shop for when you find those unique items. It gives you a reason to get them! Because a part of you knows you would want to even without knowing just what you would do with it. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:22 am

What a great find! Now, who is it for lolol... It reminds me of childhood... Santa got my brother a train set. My dad and the neighbor played with it so much setting it up over night that the batteries were dead in the morning... And this was back in the days there were no stores open.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm besotted with the jukebox. So clever! My "sister" Gayle lives in Florida in the winter, and this is for her ten-year-old granddaughter. (But Julia won't get it until June -- lots of time for us to play with it!)

We're now searching for the missing accessories. There's even a waitress costume for the doll -- with vintage-style roller skates! Remember waitresses on roller skates? :lol:
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Louise, don't wear out the juke box. lol

I got my son an electric train one year. He didn't care about it one bit but I had fun playing with it because we never had one.

I miss the Sears Christmas Catalog. We would wear it out looking for what we wanted for Christmas. I would have a 2 page list of what I wanted. Of course, I probably didn't get anything on my list.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 am

I miss the Sears catalog period. Used to order a lot of clothes from them back when that catalog was out. Just not as much fun looking on a computer screen.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:36 pm

I was so mad when they discontinued the Sears Big Book! I had made a special trip to the store and paid I think $12 and got the latest catalog which had just arrived. Less than two weeks later out came the notice it was no longer valid that the book was useless! I was furious as there was no way when I paid for it that they didn't know it was being discontinued? And no they would not return my money.
Velda
MandysMom

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk