Dog Attack

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Dog Attack

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:26 pm

I bought this as soon as I saw the info. I remember when the info first came out. I did not buy it then as I had Casey at 60 lbs.
Now I am walking Benji at 13 lbs and this is a good idea to have.
How do you who have this carry it? I would think it almost has to be constantly in ones hand.
As I carry my house keys on a lanyard, maybe I should put the baton on The lanyard?
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Lyn, mine is on a strap and I put it on my wrist... Perfect for turning on the flashlight or going for the zapping. On night walks it's on my wrist and in my hand... Just find what works for you and would have it readily available. This happened so fast I didn't even think of it... Bad me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:45 pm

I’ve ordered one. Should get it Saturday.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Redetotry » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:55 am

Bethers wrote:
Redetotry wrote:So do you have to touch the object you want to taser or does it sort of beam out the current?

it makes noise whether touching or not... And that noise can make animals back off alone. That said, for the taser effect too really work, you need to touch the object. When I test it, some seems to beam our, but very slightly.

By the time the dog or person was close enough for me to touch it I would probably be passed out especially if it was a big dog!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:34 pm

I have received my Vipertex. The thing I do not like about it, is the fact one has to turn off the flashlight and then turn the instrument around to push the button to use the taser. I guess the most efficient way to carry it is with the taser turned on and your thump near the button. That way, in the heat/ excitement of the dog attack, one could release the taser without pondering. Lyn
Unless they changed it, I just push to the second position for the flashlight and push the button on the back... Just need my thumb and finger available.

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Previous

Return to Pets