Drew is a jumping fool

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Drew is a jumping fool

Postby WickedLady » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I love the breed would never have one. I would not be able to keep it busy enough; they are a very active dog.
WickedLady

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm

I love border collies, but I also know that they're very active and need to always have a job. So I know better than to get one. More power to you for keeping up with him. Doubt I'd have the stamina for it.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby snowball » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:57 am

my dad was a rancher and at one time ordered a I think it was a border collie very smart
and very spoiled had to have syrup on his pancakes
sheila
snowball

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 am

Oh, I can't keep up with him physically! Luckily, he's fairly calm for a Border Collie, so that's not too much of a problem; I can generally settle him with ten or fifteen minutes chasing the tennis ball. I had to teach him what balls were for, and it was a good thing I did! He'd probably have difficulty if I was still working and he was alone all day, but he really enjoys having a human at his disposal at all times.

He does always need something to think about, but I don't mind that. It's fun to think of new games and variations for him. His main job is taking care of me. :D Also, we go to dog club two or three times a week, which gives him lots to think about. I do love having a training club nearby. It's fun for both of us, and I don't have to purchase and maintain all that equipment! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Previous

Return to Pets