Eagle Lake, Merrill Cmpd, Susanville, CA August 2017

Let's get together!

Re: Eagle Lake, Merrill Cmpd, Susanville, CA August 2017

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:37 pm

I have AC and there are trees there so think I will be fine. Heck I lived in Redding CA for 10 years. Never cooled down my AC ran 24/7 there. The camping trip in Roseburg was 107 most of the time we were there plus many of us were sick.

Our temps here in Ashland are in the 90' s and I am surviving in my AC home so no different.

k
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby monik7 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:54 am

Hi Judy. I was just wondering how many of us will be there. Do you have an updated count? Thanks.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 pm

I've been updated my first post, so check the list there. Only four of us, as of now.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:48 am

Sure wish I could join you but Mel's journey still ties us here. Have a wonderful time, I'll be thinking of you.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby mtngal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:08 am

Hiya travel pals! I have a reservation but circumstances here will decide if I can get away. Will let y'all know.

Aug 11-15. Site. 164
Diana
mtngal

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:36 am

Yea Diana, sure hope you can get there. It has been a long time since I've seen you. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Eagle Lake, Merrill Cmpd, Susanville, CA Aug 2017 - Upda

Postby JudyJB » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Just wanted you to all know that I arrived here about an hour ago. There was a lot of rain on the way, but apparently it rained only lightly here. I can report that there are a ton of enormous trees, but I was still able to get satellite because of the site I picked. Yea!
Also, I am getting 2-3 bars of 4G coverage from Verizon, so cell phone and internet are good.

Most importantly, it is really chilly and was chilly on the way here once it rained. With all the trees, there is lots of shade, even if it does get warmer later this week. It shows it is supposed to get to 90 on the weekend in Susanville, but that is 20 miles away, so all guesses are open. Will update you all on Thursday. The roads are good getting here. I came in from the north on 139 and then took A1/201 the rest of the way. All are paved.

Overall, it is very pretty here. Campground is nice, but I have not explored more than my site as I drove 338 miles today and am beat. Will send my phone number via message.

ALso, I have some hot dogs and chips, etc. if someone could bring some buns, that would take care of a meal--maybe Sunday?? I'll be going into Susanville before the weekend, so am thinking of getting chicken and ribs to bake or we could go out to eat. Don't want to get too fussy with food. I have no idea what is around here, other than trees, but will ask.
JudyJB
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Cudedog » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Judy,

Are you still planning to be there until the 19th?

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby JudyJB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:07 am

Yes. I will be heading out on the morning of the 20th, but I will be here until then.

Are you thinking of coming? By the way, have you ever been to The Cove Palisades north of Bend, OR? It is a huge canyon reservoir where the top layer of rock is definitely volcanic. Very interesting and scenic drive getting in, but campground is not near reservoir and not much to do unless you have a boat.

Judy
JudyJB
JudyJB

Postby monik7 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks for the update Judy. Sounds like a nice CG. I like shade and glad to hear there is Verizon service. I'll bring some potato salad. See you soon.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:15 pm

I was really hoping to go but too much going on right now with dads procedure coming up and things he needs done.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby mtngal » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Hiya travel pals! I'm going to pull the plug on this one too; not a good time for me to be away for an extended time.

Hate to miss time with old friends and meeting new ones.

Hope you have perfect weather, yummy food and lots of fun!
Diana
mtngal

Postby JudyJB » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Just got back from grocery shopping in Susanville. Here are some notes on getting here:

- To get to Merrill Campground, most people come from the south on 44 and then turn north onto Eagle Lake Rd. My GPS shows the campground only about a mile down the road--WRONG! That is the ranger station. Campground is another 8-9 miles.
- Eagle Lake road is very curvy, BUT speed limit is only 35 MPH and there is very little traffic. It is a nice, paved road with double yellow lines down the middle the entire way. Just take it easy and you should have no problems getting here.

See you soon. I got some hamburgers and ribs that I will cook for us or will keep, however things work out foodwise.
JudyJB
JudyJB

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Thanks Judy for the heads up. I looked at Google maps and they have it 14 miles and the road does look curvy LOL no problem slow and steady is my motto.

see ya Saturday
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:37 am

Hi Judy, slight change of plans. I will be arriving on Tuesday afternoon, not Sunday afternoon. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Previous

Return to Get Togethers