signal booster

signal booster

Postby havingfunnow » Sat May 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Ok, two weeks in the National Forests has convinced me that I need a signal booster for mifi/cell phone. What kind(s) do you use, and how do you like them? Do you have an antennae in addition?
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Re: signal booster

Postby Joan » Sun May 07, 2017 9:53 am

Based on a recommendation from Technomadia, I contacted the folks at TechnoRV. I am going to get the WeBoost Drive 4G-X:

http://www.technorv.com/Cell_Booster_Kits_s/314.htm

I haven't gotten the unit yet so cannot comment on its performance. If you contact them they will answer any questions you have.

You can get the unit on Amazon but I am going to go with TechnoRV because they provide easy to follow instructions and will help you if you have questions.

The main thing to know about cell boosters is if there is no signal, there is no signal to boost.

I will return to this post once I have the unit and a chance to test it.
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby havingfunnow » Mon May 08, 2017 9:13 am

Thanks, Joan! It must be pretty good if Technomadia recommends it -- and I've heard lots of good things about the Wilson products over the years. The WeBoost is the newest version of the Sleek, if I understand properly. I'll be looking forward to your report.
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby havingfunnow » Sat May 20, 2017 12:16 pm

I got the weBoost Drive 4G-S from Amazon, the small one-device booster from Wilson. Checked it out this morning. Installation is so straightforward that it's almost intuitive. (Though I am going to have to put a mounting spot on the top of my van, because it's fiberglass. The magnet at the base of the small antennae doesn't stick. :lol: ) I took it to a spot where I normally see one bar of signal that flickers in and out, plugged it into power, and bam! three bars! Very steady signal, too.

Now I am a geek! :ugeek: hahaha! Yes, I know this is how it's supposed to work, but I'm absolutely thrilled that it did!
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby Liz » Sat May 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Awesome!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Joan » Sun May 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Great! I haven't had a chance to order mine but your experience is reinforcement for my plan.

Joan
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby avalen » Sun May 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Awesome!!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues