Mile-A-Minute Crochet Afghan Pattern

Ladies, Show off your talents!

Mile-A-Minute Crochet Afghan Pattern

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:33 pm

First, thank you, Beth, for adding this room....I know alot of us here have many talents, cooking, interior design, and Arts and Crafts. Hope this proves to be a popular place to be.

Next, thanks to Barbzee for suggesting the room.....Told her about my favorite afghan to make for babies and adults alike at the GTG last weekend...told her I'd send it to her....lol....well, Zee, has a way of getting me off my mental "butt" and write the pattern down to put here....the pattern is quick and easy.....hope you all enjoy it....Here goes....

Mile-A-Minute Crochet Afghan

Materials needed: 1-G or H size crochet hook, and yarn needed to finish the size and thickness you desire.....colors are up to you, but need 2....I use varagated for the center part of the strip and solid for the outside of the strip. ( worst weight/baby yarn or 4 ply)

To start: Chain 7 the slip single crochet (sc)
Row 1: chain (ch) 3, double crochet (dc) X 2, sc, dc X 3, ch 3, turn.
Row 2: dc X 3 in previous row sc, sc, dc X 3 in same sc, ch 3, turn.
Row 3 etc. continue on using row 2 until you have desired length of strip. (not counting rows 1&2....Baby afghan = 50....Adult = 75 to 100 depending on the length you want...) tie off with slip sc....

Outside edge: starting in any space on side, slip stitch to attach, ch 3, dc X 2 in same space, go to next space, repeat until you reach end, then dc X 15 in end sc, then cont. up other side, dc in other end X 15, cont. to start , sl sc, tie off.

baby afghan usually takes 9-10 strips and the adult takes 17 -20 strips for a throw or a twin bed size afghan.

sew or slip crochet strips together....starting with last 3 dc in ends, with right sides facing.....keeping the strips even and matched....ending with the 1st 3 dc on other end....

Wa-La, you have a Mile-A-Minute Afghan!!
Close ups to of afghan.

If you have any questions, PM me.....I hope you enjoy this pattern, I know I do.....great project for rainy days when Rving...

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Mile-A-Minute Crochet Afghan Pattern

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:26 pm

thats beautiful, I love to crochet, but I can't read a pattern and do what it tells me,
I just do my stitches and keep on going. I only get my crochet stuff out in the winter
though and take to work with me and during my layovers I crochet.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Very pretty colors! The only thing I mastered, years ago, is the granny square. I think that's what it was called. I made dozens in all sizes and colors then crocheted them into a blanket.
My sister is the crochet queen, learned from my grandma.
AlmostThere

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:35 am

Beautiful work Lori. I get way too tense trying to crochet, so will stick to my sewing machine.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Paulette » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:04 am

Nan, I'm just the opposite...get too tense when trying to sew so I crochet for relaxation (when I get the time). :lol:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Very nice Lori! I never learned to crochet, but knit and sew,... That's a lovely afghan and I really love the colors, too!
Cedar518

Postby MsBHaven » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:30 pm

What a beautiful afghan!
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby oliveoil » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:31 pm

Beautiful---------

I can't read a pattern either-------- & the best I can do is make those towels with yarn at the top to hang them up-- ;) & I have made my own afgans------- that are not even-- :shock: :D ----you know one side is longer that the other-------- :lol: :lol: :lol: but they keep us warm anyway!!!!!! And I used yarn that I got free-or cheap at garage sales-------so they didn't really cost me anything----- & kept me out of trouble while I was making them!!!!!!!
Wish I could do a nice job like this one is!!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby dpf » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Low and behold! A lady brought me some yarn this morning and asked if I could make her a "Mile A Minute" afghan. I started googling for a pattern....guess where I found it? Right here on our forum. I have the first strip finished. Thanks Lori!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:11 pm

I love to crochet but am out of practice. Maybe when weather cools I'll copy your pattern and play. Thanks for sharing it Here.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects