UPS ..@##!!!##...grr

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

UPS ..@##!!!##...grr

Postby Liz » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:31 am

I ordered something online, and because I will be in the Ocala area a couple months, I had them send it c/o my friend at her Ocala address. I was tracking it online and noticed that the sender requested a signature. That was inconvenient since my friend works and I didn't want to sit in her driveway all day on the day of delivery. So I called and had them hold it at the UPS office for me to pick up. No problem...was told to bring a photo ID.

So I arrived to pick up the package but was told they could not give it to me because my photo ID did not reflect the delivery address. I showed them my tracking message that showed my name in care of friend's name with her address. Didn't matter. So I sat in the parking lot and called the UPS 800 number and was told that the office was open until 7:30 at night and my friend could come with me after work and sign for it with her ID. I went back inside to tell the clerk that is what I would do, but she said no, my friend can't sign either because even though her address is on the package, her name isn't. But I could have them re deliver to my friend's house on Monday and I could sign for it there. Fine, do that. No, you have to call the 800 # to do that. So I called the 800 # again! but no! because I had already requested the change to pick up at the office! they could not process another change. Back inside I went. Tried to get the clerk to talk to the person on the phone. She can't do that. Asked to speak to the manager. She called the manager and told her her version. The manager backed her up, and I was told I couldn't speak to the manager.

So I called the shipper and told them my troubles. She had me go back in the office so she could talk to them. No, they can't talk to the shipper either. So I asked if the shipper can fax them info to help the situation. The clerk called her manager again and said no, that won't change things. But she insisted they could re deliver on Monday. So she made the phone call to arrange the redelivery. Only problem is, my friend still has to work on Monday, and I have a doctor appt. mid day. I will go early and sit in her driveway until I have to go to the dr. Then leave a note that if I am not there to reschedule delivery for Wed. When I can sit in the driveway all day. Geez.

If that doesn't work, they can send the package back to the shipper...I will have had enough.
The clerk in the office was very short (verbally) and rude every time I talked to her. UPS will be receiving a written complaint about their service when I calm down enough to compose it.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: UPS ..@##!!!##...grr

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:11 pm

Ah, the state of Customer Service in America today.
Employees are not allowed to think outside the box - everyone and everything must be pigeonholed.
If you don't fit in that hole, the employee has no clue what to do.
And don't you even think about showing any type of frustration at your situation...it will get you nowhere except to be called a bitch.

I definitely feel your pain.
mitch5252

Postby MandysMom » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:53 pm

What a mess. Feel for you. Seems that is how so much is done these days. No one thinks for themselves in the service jobs anymore. Frustrating. Hope you get it taken care of. My friend just had a total hip done. Hospital was told clearly to order the walker she needs through the specific place her insurance covers. They didn't and sent her husband to a totally different town and place, which of course wanted to charge him for the walker that her insurance covers completely if ordered through the right place. No one listens even when you give them right information.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:27 pm

Misery! :x You sure get my sympathy for this one!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Azusateach » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:34 pm

mitch5252 wrote:...it will get you nowhere except to be called a bitch.

I could care less what people call me, especially in situations like this. I'd probably have sat myself down -- even on the floor, pulled out my Nook and started to read, staying until 7:30 when they closed. Maybe they'd listen to reason then. Did that once in a car dealership's office. :twisted: Got my interest rate lowered to what was originally on the contract that they tried to raise on me, because I was "uninformed". Ha! Joke was on them.
Azusateach

Postby WickedLady » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:42 pm

That's what our world has turned into now that there are so many ripoff experts and everyone sues over everything possible. Sorry you were stuck in a catch 22.
WickedLady

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:38 pm

I don't think I could have been so calm... and I just saw on the news for UPS man taking a big box across the yard... I guess because he didn't want to carry it...
grammynmaggie

Postby JudyJB » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:24 pm

I like the sit down idea. Once arrived late to a hotel and waited while they checkin 11 Japanese businessmen only to be told they did not have my reservation. Threatened to spend night in lobby. Got me a room.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:03 pm

UPS has gotten very difficult to deal with. When I was selling the pinatas, we switched from them because of issues like this - but, of course, we discovered issues with the other carriers also. I remember with UPS in a similar situation, we, the seller, were told they would make the change to a different delivery - if we paid a new delivery fee. Excuse me? In this case UPS had mis-delivered - but they had already started sending the package back so it was going to cost them money. We ended up having to resend, for free, to the customer - because it was OUR business to make our customers happy - and it took over 2 weeks to get the original package back - which went to more states than you can count using fingers and thumbs on two hands.

Sorry you're going through this, Liz. Pain in the butt. It does sound like the company you ordered from tried to take care of it.

Laura, love your sit down story!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:16 pm

What a mess! Good luck in getting it resolved. Let us know the outcome.

I rarely order anything on-line but did recently. It was shipped UPS (slow route as best I could tell) but that wasn't the end of it. In tracking it, I saw when it arrived in Huntsville last Thursday and time it was "delivered" that afternoon. However, no package at my house. When I called, UPS said it had been delivered to the post office for final delivery - what??? We no longer have a postal distribution center so package went to Birmingham on Friday. Finally delivered to me the following Tuesday. Insane! Is it any wonder shipping costs continue to spiral upward.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby avalen » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:25 pm

total insanity
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:35 pm

Got this response to my Email to help@ups.com:

" L. ) ( 10/31/2014 04:51 PM ) U.S. Eastern Standard Time (US EST)
Dear Lizabeth,

Thank you for providing the additional information. I have attempted to contact the local UPS Package Facility in your area, but was not able to get a hold of anyone.

I was able to confirm the package will be back our for delivery by the end of the day on Monday, 11/03/14. Unfortunately I will be out of the office on Monday and not able to follow up with you. I will be giving your information to one of my co-workers, April.

We are going to at least try to get you an approximate delivery time so you won't have to wait all day for the delivery.

I wish there was more that I could do at this time.

Sincerely,

Kenneth L.
UPS Social Media Team"

Essentially, sorry but we can't help you either, lol.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:18 pm

That is pathetic! I would have lost it on that lady! :twisted:

What ever happened to good customer service, and "the customer is always right"? We bend over backwards for our customers.

I have better luck with Fed Ex, but you can't always choose who they have deliver your packages.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Heres hoping the delivery actually comes Monday...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby JudyJB » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:09 pm

I also have had better luck with Fed-Ex. I had a package sent to me via Fed-Ex a couple of months ago. It was supposed to be delivered to a Fed-Ex store, but the web site was wrong and the location was a loading dock, not a store. It needed a signature, also. Would you believe the Fed-Ex delivery guy called me and asked where he could deliver it to? As it happened, I was in the same town he was in because I was grocery shopping. He said he could meet me and gave me an intersection. I plugged it into my GOS and raced over there, signed for it, and got my package. Now THAT is service!!!

What misery to have to wait in a driveway for a package. And how silly that they could not give it to you even when the sender said it was OK.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Next

Return to General Talk