TX GTG 2008 Fredericksburg in Pink

Let's get together!

TX GTG 2008 Fredericksburg in Pink

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:18 pm

We had a great day touring Fredericksburg. We ate German food...some of us :D ..., shopped the neat little stores, then decided we needed to get some shirts. :P Here we are trying to figure out what size was best.

Next we got a group pic in the shop once we were all dressed, (notice Belle with Liz is pretty in pink, too)

Then some interested camper ladies went to get their husbands, and all four of them were snapping our final official GTG photo. (I think we might have recruited a couple of fun ladies to our forum)!

More shots to follow!
Last edited by Sunseeker on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Re: TX GTG 2008 Fredricksburg in Pink

Postby avalen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Absolutley fabulous!!!!!!!!
I am so thrilled your all having such a great time, but so bummed cause I'm not there.
One day, I'll be there!!!!! I promise!!!!!!! myself to get out and have some fun too. I
just don't know when :lol:
Keep the pictures coming, I love them.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Okay here are some more pictures with an especially good one of Jill.

The gang at the Texas Stonehenge.

Jill in her new hat. No, we didn't buy it - too much money, but I was sure tempted. I think they're going to put me in Flamingo Rehab.

And last but not least, Beth in a silly hat on her birthday.

Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:28 pm

Oh, I just can't resist another photo of Jill in her Flamingo Hat....
And we found a Birthday Hat for the Birthday Girl....

We had lunch in a German Resturant..
And of course, Belle, had to have a beer.
A few bites of German food..

Another group photo in our "Sisters" shirts and the guys in their Sultan and Sheik shirts.

Please forgive us when we repeat some photos, but it gives you an idea what a great and fun day we all had....
Ernie & Tommy went to the their own way and let us girls do our thing.....They have been such good sports and we all love them dearly.

Ernie & I are leaving in the morning for the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi, TX to set up our winter home....
We both have had such a great time with Jill & Tommy, Liz, Carol, Beth, Diana and our GTG Hostess, Karen....we will miss them so much...
BUTTTTTTT......rumor has it that this crazy bunch may get together again .....hope some of you can join us....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:47 pm

These ladies do such a great job posting pics, that I don't need to :)

Yep, I love to try on hats - what fun we had today- and you should have seen us. That pink sisters shirt was in the window of a store - and we all agreed right on the spot to buy them! Luckily the price wasn't too high, and we got an extra discount cuz we were getting 7 of them :) Put them on right then and there - and I had to wear it over my orange dress - that orange skirt out the bottom made me the fashion showplate for my bday LOLOL

Gots to tell you, though - sure was easy to spot each other after that.

Fredericksburg lost some wine purchases, tho. We really wanted to do wine tastings, but they didn't want us to - us or anyone else - no one was tasting or buying - why? Because they all wanted us to PAY to taste, then made strange rules to do so. One place was $1 per taste. I don't think so. Then another was a set price for 6 tastes and 4 of us were going to do it, but then they wanted us to only get all 6 tastes from the same category of wine (all whites, all sweet, all red, etc) Well, they didn't have 6 all in one category any of us wanted to taste. I think the girl working there was confused - but we walked out. Needless to say - no one in our group bought any wine (last time I was in Fredricksburg, I believe I bought 5 or 6 bottles) hmmmmmmmmmm - wonder which way is the best way to do tastings? We just smiled and went and tasted fudge - where 2 of our group bought - guess free tastings work? Went in another store that has 100's of products to taste - and we were so full from both lunch, then ice cream (yep I had to have ice cream) that it was hard to taste much - I bought stuff there last time in town - and I know at least one of our group did this time.

I'm so glad to be with this wonderful group - hope to see each and everyone of them again - and others of you - at future gtg's.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Our tour began at Texas Stonehenge… Belle was very impressed.

Wonder how the stones were made? Have a look inside:

Then on to Fredericksburg for lunch at this German Restaurant where Belle sampled a little of everything…

Next we toured this historic little town.
This is a WWII museum.

An old hospital now houses a kitchen gadget store.

Another old building

We only shopped for necessities…

Olive Oil, this door mat’s for you

T-shirts

And hats:

Happy Birthday Beth!

Scenes from a little park in Fredericksburg
An old church

Pretty good camouflage

Our last group picture as Lori and Ernie leave us tomorrow.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:10 am

Beth, when I visited my son in CA last August we drove to Napa Valley and we did wine tasting at Francis Ford Coppola's vineyard. They charged $25 for 4, one ouce samples!! I passed.
AlmostThere

Re: TX GTG 2008 Fredericksburg in Pink

Postby Shirlv » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:59 pm

I wasn't there but I thoroughly enjoyed the gtg. Thanks for the pictures.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Finally upped my pics from my camera tonight - so thought I'd share a couple.

I love this one of us all in our shirts - something tickled our fancy:

And, omg, I believe we may have to send Belle to AA - but she just had to partake of German beer in Fredericksburg:

Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:26 am

This was the next best thing to being there. :D carold
carold

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:19 am

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL PICS!! I am so envious of that amazing GTG! I truly can't WAIT to become free to join in all the festivities. In the meantime, I'll have to get to know you all via the pictures!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby dpf » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:42 am

Karen certainly did a bang-up job planning your GTG! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that all of you had a wonderful time. :lol: The pictures have been absolutely awesome..couldn't wait to get home in the evening and check out what you'd been doing. Liz, you might have to give Belle a couple of days to dry out before you take off..you don't want her upchucking in your rig!

Carol is right..seeing pictures of GTGs are the next best thing to being there. And as always..my offer holds, if any of you are on your way through SD to see the Big Stone Faces my yard is always available as a landing place. Would love to meet you in person.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Thank you all sooooooooo much for posting all the pics from the GTG, I'm always starved to see more pics while I'm still here at home. I'm so glad that you had such fun!
Cedar518

Postby asirimarco » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:10 pm

Sure loved seeing all the pictures from Texas. Envy you all. Now I wish we had started West sooner so we could have joined in the fun. Especially love the shirt and hats. We will be in Arizona sometime end of Nov. begining of Dec. Any body else? Jennie I know your are in Yuma right? Don't know which way we will be going - just a thought.
asirimarco

Postby islandmomma » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:47 pm

I am sure laughing about these photos. Maybe there should be a "belle" craft at a future GTG. Have to share something ironic though... Last October I went to Seattle (flew as had no MH then LOL) and met up with two ladies I had been interacting with for over three years at that time on a cardiac website (whole other tale...). The ironic piece is that we all decided to go on the Ride The Duck in Seattle. We bought big yellow duck callers and made a noisy nuisance of ourselves on the tour but laughed a lot! It is an amphibious vehicle that tours downtown and goes out on the lake. At the end of the tour we all bought neon pink T-shirts that say "What happens on the Duck, stays on the Duck". We all get questions from ppl whenever we wear them. I hope to connect again with these two ladies on my way south. One is in Washington and one is in Oregon. Maybe I should add a flamingo to mine...LOL?

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Next

Return to Get Togethers