11-5-08 San Antonio

Let's get together!

11-5-08 San Antonio

Postby Liz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 pm

We'll remember the Alamo for a long time to come.

Here's Liz and Belle on Belle's first trip under Liz's care. She was so excited to be visiting the Alamo!

Next we had a wonderful lunch at an Italian Restaurant along the Riverwalk.

Here's a view of the river...our restaurant was on the right.

Then on to our boat tour. Here we are with our captain.

Belle enjoyed the ride, but wished she could be in the river with the ducks.

Here's the steeple of St. Joseph's Church which we later visited.

Others will have more tales of our adventures.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: 11-5-08 San Antonio

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Awesome pictures... gosh you all look wonderful... ...I'm smiling here... an Italian Restaurant ????? Hey no Mexican ones around...hahahaha....Loving all them scenes.... Just makes me wanna be there..... :mrgreen:

Have fun and remember the Alamo

God Bless

Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 pm

My frustration is at a max. After returning from this incredible day, I realized my camera card reader was fried. Tommy and I went out to get a new one, but now it doesn't see the SD card. Maybe the card was damaged when the reader fried..but the camera still shows the pics on replay?? :?

Most of the gals got the same pictures as me. We tormented waiters, other tourists, other restaurant patrons, boat captains, and a guy we thought was a church greeter???, by saying..."o.k.now, one with this camera please..."

Bottom line is I can't post pictures tonight... but Tommy and I had exceptional fun today learning all about San Antonio, seeing the sights and enjoying the company of my entertaining and honored forum sisters, (and Ernie,, of course). The time is passing so quickly here. Tomorrow is another touristy thing with lots of photo ops...and of course they'll all have the women RV forum "spin".

I bet Belle will be coming as well. Liz is making sure she doesn't miss a thing! :D This has been a blast so far!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:39 pm

We so had a wonderful time today in San Antonio....but everyone was ready to call it an early evening and get rested up for tomorrow's adventure...

Here's a few more photos of the day...

First, a close-up of Belle at lunch...

And some of the gang resting after lunch..

Okay, heading to bed...more tomorrow...
Last edited by rvgrammy1953 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:04 pm

:lol: Belle looks like she's soaking her tired feet!
Wow, everyone is in t-shirts and the sun is shining. I'm sitting here with a blanket over my lap and the furnace just kicked on.
Thanks for sharing your day of fun! Keep safe and keep us updated with pictures and stories!
AlmostThere

Postby Getupngo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Looks like a wonderful time ... it's great to see you all! I'm envious & wish I was there.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby dpf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:17 am

Looks like you're having a wonderful time...how many more years till I can retire? Why wasn't I born independently wealthy?
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:50 am

Oh Man , I wish I was there with ya'll, I am in spirit because San Antonio and especially the Riverwalk is one of our favorite places to be! I'm seeing some new faces so who all is there?
Have fun and keep those photo's coming! Bet Tommy & Ernie are just loving being with the Harem :D
Again wish we were there with ya'll.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:34 am

GREAT pictures, you all! I also love little Belle! What a great idea! Sure does look as if you are all having a wonderful time...wish I could be there, too! Thanks for sharing.

Too bad a memory card got toasted! Never heard of that happening before....guess I'd better make sure all my pics are off my card as soon as possible and stored elsewhere!

Have a fun day again today, you all!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:49 am

Hmmmm.... don't bother going through a card reader. You can download direct from camera to computer via usb cord. That's how i do it. I have an old external card reader, and internal card reading slots in my new laptop, but i just keep my usb cord handy and do that direct into a usb slot. I open Windows Photo Gallery and download. Then i open the pics in IrfanView to re-size, and photshop them. Good luck!

p.s..... oh,... yes,... I really LOVE your pics from SA!
Cedar518

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:10 am

I left my usb cord for this camera back in Shreveport .:( Liz gave me one that doesn't fit my camera, and I will try Lori's today, but sadly I might have lost all my S.A. pics. Yeah, download your photos frequently if using a card,then periodically back up onto DVD or zip drive also.

Who looks new to you, Jenny? In S.A. there were Lori Ernie, Liz, Carol, Karen, Diana, Beth, Tommy and me. Vivian joined us on potluck night. You would have had a great time with this group!
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:07 am

We decided not to rent the van afterall and took two vehicles instead. Ernie was at the helm of one with Lori , Tommy and I...then Beth drove the other with Karen, Diana, Carol, Liz and Belle. We all agreed on what we'd like to visit first in San Antonio.

Ernie felt right at home from the start

Whils some of our group toured the Alamo, we branched off to find the church Beth had been talking about. Here is the plaque outside St. Joseps. Anyone read German??

Some of us returned later and there was no mass in session so were lucky enough to get this picture of the altar. Notice the vibrant stained glass...with no sunlight on them...amazingly beautiful!

Here is a nice picture of Beth on a bridge with the river background

At lunch I was drooling over Diana's salad...she probably thinks I'm pretty weird for taking a picture of food :? :D

But I truly enjoyed my spicy seafood artichoke antipasti

We enjoyed our narrated river boat tour...our captain was pretty funny. At one point we were treated to some beautiful sounds from an outdoor "stage" steps area and a Peruvian band.

What a great fun time we had in a beautiful city with so much history. Both Tommy and I snoozed a little on the ride home. We covered alot of territory in a few hours! I sure slept well last night. Now that Karen has loaned me this card reader, I hope to capture more photos to share later today. We sure wish you could all be here!!!
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:38 am

:lol: :lol: Now ya' all got the FULL Tour of San Antonio......to include the restroom at the Alamo..... :lol: ...at least Jill got my good side.... :lol: glad you got your photos downloaded and posted, Jill....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:55 am

Oh OK did not recognize Carol & Diana, looks like another great adventure! Thanks for all the photo's...don't ya just love all the smells from the Restaurants walking down the riverwalk!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Whew, Jill! I'm so glad you got your pics off the camera. You all are having just tooooooooooo much fun! Looks like the SULTAN and the SHEIK are right in their glory! (Cedar grinning at Ernie and Tommy!) :lol:
Cedar518

Next

Return to Get Togethers