TEXAS GTG FINAL UPDATE

Let's get together!

TEXAS GTG FINAL UPDATE

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:49 pm

mtngal is joining us so that makes us 9 all together. I finally found a 12 pass van at Enterprise Rentals for us and talked them into a 10% discount. Soooo, for 3 days it would be $377 (or $41.88 ea) or for 2 days it would be $251 ($27.88 ea). We can pick it up early Weds morning and go to San Antonio for the day. Then Thurs we can go see Stonehenge which doesn't take more than an hour and then drive to Fredericksburg for lunch and the afternoon shopping. Return the van before noon on Fri and its only 2 days. How does this sound to everyone? I'm also trying to get Glorybee who lives here in Kerrville to join us for a couple of days which, if she can, would make 10 of us. Oooooh we're gonna have so much fun, can hardly wait.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: TEXAS GTG FINAL UPDATE

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:38 pm

Sounds good - and I think 2 days will be plenty. I like the itinerary. I have a feeling Peaches is going to have her legs crossed a lot while I'm there LOL
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Karen.... sounds good to us.....I agree with Beth, 2 days will be plenty......can't wait to see all of you.... :D

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:27 am

I can hardly wait for the stories, pics and posts, since I won't be there I live
vicariously through you girls, so lets go have some fun!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:21 am

Oh and while you are on the Riverwalk, have a cactus juice margarita for me. I forget which resturant has them but they are ooh, ooh, good. They are pink! Pretty too. You gals & Ernie have a terrific time. There in spirit! :D
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 pm

It all sounds great to me, you've done a good job, Karen. I think just meeting all of you is the real highlight of this GTG to me. The rest will be a nice bonus, that I will enjoy and just go along for the ride. I think its going to be so much fun, I am so anxious. Think I've reached the age where I am reverting to childhood and the waiting is just foreeeevverrr!!!

I am with the crowd on the days for the van. 10% discount, sounds good too. Thanks for all the thought, calls, planning you've done in our behalf, I think you've gone above and beyond, for our enjoyment out there. Thank you !!!

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:19 am

We plan to hit the road at sun-up tomorrow, but it's an 8 hour drive (without stops). Is there a time restriction on pulling into the campground? Do they lock a gate or anything like that?
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Jill, I just called them - and the only person they show coming in tomorrow is Karen - so if you're supposed to be in tomorrow you might want to call and confirm. Also, people with reservations can come in anytime, but they suggest you call to let them know you'll be late so they can prepare your info for you. Their phone # is 830-257-5392 and they are there everyday.

I believe Peaches and I are going to show up for a one night stay there tomorrow night (with no reservation for that night, right now she says that'll be no problem, but I'll call if it works out I can come tomorrow) then will have to pull out on Monday (prior commitment) and return for our scheduled check-in on Tuesday afternoon. Not positive about tomorrow, but going to try.

Unfortunately, I believe I'll have to leave next Saturday instead of Sunday - having to be at work at 6 am on Monday, I'd rather get back Sat in time to do laundry, etc without jumping straight into work Monday. We shall see. I also want every minute I can with my women friends (and Ernie and Tommy, too).

Lori, were you intending to be there Sunday? If so, you might want to call and confirm that also - as again, Karen is shown coming in tomorrow - sounds like everyone else Monday or later.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Yep, they got my reservation all screwed up...but my own fault for not taking down (or losing :?: ) the reservation number. A lady in the office is working to straighten it out though. She still has a site available..worse comes to worse, we just won't be in the same area with the rest of you.

Kind of makes me wonder though...I called to confirm 2 days ago and they couldn't find me. She called me back and said, "Here you are...arriving on the 2nd, your name was under Karen's" O.K., so on my earlier post I told you gals I was confirmed the 3rd thru the 8th. ????? Reggie, no longer there, took the reservation. Sheesh, I wish they would get it together for the dumb among us that lose the reservation number :roll:
Last edited by Sunseeker on Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi, ya' all!!! :D Well, we're in Corsicana, Tx . on route 31 and it is 4:14pm central time...(got to remember to "fall back" the clocks tonight.) I just called Kerrville and asked them if it was okay to come in tomorrow...(Sunday)...surprise, surprise :o they had our reservation and we're in the Sycamore Circle.....whew, glad that's been confirmed... ;) We're stopped for the night, over 300 miles, probably 360 or better....nice campground and they gave us a pull-thru cause we're just over nite....Okay, gals, see ya' tomorrow and Monday....or when ever you get there...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:45 pm

C'mon Lori..color in the great state of Texas. Ya hooooo!
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Okay....It's done, Jill.... :) ;) Kinda' big, but I'll fix it later..... :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Glad you called, Jill - I don't have any idea where my number is either- so hopefully my reservations is correct. And hopefully we'll be together - the lady today told me there is only one other person on that circle right now - and we didn't take all the reservations we could have, so they should be able to put you there.

Seems to me this disorganization is why Karen left from workamping there. Good thing we don't need the office people to enjoy the campground :)
Beth
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:49 pm

They're pretty screwed up. Just keep repeating when you check in, "I'm with the RV Women group, Sycamore Circle, Karen West". They're not full this time of year so don't think we have to worry about being together. All the sites in Sycamore Circle are 50amp. I'm only 30amp but I have a step-down. Can hardly wait!!!!!!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Called again to confirm they had us there for the whole week....too late to call....it was after 5pm...they were closed....told the girl that we're there for the week when I talked to her earlier, she kinda' brushed over it as in agreeing, but then she said something about having us there the 3rd and 4th....and Ernie says he most defenent (sp) told them the "whole week" leaving out on the 8th or 9th.....glad you said that they are not that busy, Karen, hope they got it all straightened out by the time we get there tomorrow....I've so look forward to this GTG......and Ernie is too!!!

BTW.....do any of you that are coming to the GTG had a "Dirt Devil" hand-held vacuum with ya"? Bumpy roads opened my can of corn meal and dumped it all over the cupboards :o ....cleaned up the best I could for now, but will need to take everything out when we get settled to finish.... ;) darn it all, most of it hit the 1 step up to the bedroom that has carpet on it..... :x ..... :lol:

We are 30amp, too, but we got a step-down cord also....

Okay....I'm out of here....see ya' tomorrow...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Next

Return to Get Togethers