TEXAS GTG FINAL UPDATE

Let's get together!

Re: TEXAS GTG FINAL UPDATE

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Nope, no dirt devil, but glad you reminded me. Our shop vac bit the dust, :roll: (oops) our last trip out. Sounds like a new vacuum somewhere in my near future. I'm just giving my MH the once over with the house monster tonight.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:01 pm

OK, needing a step down is a problem for me - I do not have one and will not buy one for this - as it's the 2nd time in 3 1/2 years I'd have to have one (and the first was a private residence). Didn't know that would be a problem until just now. Any park I've ever stayed in - 50 amp spots also take 30 amp - this one doesn't? If I'd known, the park I am at would have loaned me one - but I'm already gone from there. Dang, this might get difficult, but will handle it there - even if I have to move to another area and walk to visit all the rest of you. Or, if they have a plug for 20 amp, I'll just plug into that - as I shouldn't need my air conditioner this time of year.

I have a couple little vacs - so can loan one.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:37 am

Lori, I have a hand vac.

Beth, I'm sure they have a 20amp plug. If not, Pecan loop is 30 amp and is just across the field from Sycamore. I'll ask at the office here if they have one I could borrow.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:17 am

WAHHH!!!! Wish I were going to be there with y'all for this GTG!

Hope you have a great time, and that the confusion at the front desk about reservations gets cleared up. Seems to me that you should not have any problems at this time of year.....yet, I have never been to TX in November!

I am sending this message in normal font size...just want to campare it with my usual larger size I send. My eyes do so very much better with larger font. But which do you, the readers, prefer??

Have a toast around the nightly fire for me and Molly, y'all!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby mtngal » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:58 am

It's just 10 am in Texas, so still Good Morning! I've been out for a long walk, had a shower, a yummy mushroom, zuc and salsa egg scramble AND now am headed downtown to meet my DD, DGD, and MIL for a Sunday kids show at a local coffee house.

Welcome to Texas all you GTG gals (and guys)!

Barb, love the hawk, we had an owl who visited regularly for several years. Always called OWL as a he until one day SHE showed up with two babies!

Have a fun day.....
Diana
mtngal

Postby Paulette » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Ya'll are gonna have so much fun! I'm so jealous! Pictures, pictures, pictures. I'll bet Belle is even excited!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Liz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Beth, our elec has 50 amp, 30 amp and 20 amp. Site 205 across from us does too. You shouldn't need a step down.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Thanks, Liz - sure wish I'd seen this before I got here and the office folks had argued with me LOL- but hey, arguing with them made seeing all the wonderful ladies (and the guys) that much more welcome!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mtngal » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:20 pm

MANY THANKS to Karen for putting together such a fun GTG in Kerrville. It was fantastic to meet all the rv forum members, husbands and Belle. I really had a great time. And am more excited than ever about my Casita and future rv adventures!

p.s. All the pics are super, no doubt about the fun we had all week. ; )
Diana
mtngal

Postby Sunseeker » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:06 am

Diana, it was such a treat to meet you too. I wish you could have stayed right at the cg with us...but so happy you weren't far away. It's nice that you enjoyed yourself and had fun on our informational and sometimes silly adventures.

And you even gave Carol and I a little lesson on bats. I was amazed to learn they migrated instead of flying back further into the recesses of the caves. Given more time, I'm sure you could dazzle us with your knowledge of natuer and wildlife!

Good luck on your quest of finding just the right cassita. I know how exciting it can be. Any chance you could make a southern TX GTG in March, somewhere around Corpus or Port A?
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Previous

Return to Get Togethers