Walton Rocks Dog Beach, Ft Pierce, FL

Let's get together!

Walton Rocks Dog Beach, Ft Pierce, FL

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Herschel here.....about time the GHL made it to a GTG that is near and dear to our hearts.....WATER and BEACH......Sarah came with us to the west coast. She stayed in a motel and we stayed at a neat county campground run by St Lucas county. I would look up more information for you but the GHL has it put away and I am too tired from romping in the sand, surf and sun.....

"Excuse me," said Remi, "Not enough doggy treats in the rig to interest me in crazy water ballet."

There were a few other dogs to meet and greet.

And Stuart just had to swim out to investigate the rocks....climbing on....climbing off.....climbing on.....you get the idea. :D

Watching Stuart swim as we walked up and down the beach made the rest of us tired......

See, I told you we got tired!

And the final look at some of the rocks that the beach is probably named after. The rocks are only visible at low tide.

The dog beach wasn't very busy. We arrived about 10:30 and played until about 2 pm than walked back over to the parking lot and watched the hoomans eat some lunch and then we all walked back over to sit and watch and listen to the ocean until about 4:30 pm.... Special thanks to Bethers for her excellent research regarding campgrounds and dog friendly beaches.....She has good taste Double Woof, Woofs
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Walton Rocks Dog Beach, Ft Pierce, FL

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:30 pm

The colors of the water and the blue of the sky, Gorgeous pix !!! Oh how I would love to be there, but you didn't stay long enough. I love to be on the water walking on the beach is one of my favorite things.
The dogs playing in the water, was great, they sure love it, well, maybe Remi likes something else better. But he's a good sport.

Thanks Tina for so many memories I have of the beach. That is a pretty area there too.

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:02 am

Okay, inquiring minds want to know. How do you get the guys dry? Remember mine sleep with me. When they went in the water in Port Aransas I thought they would NEVER dry. I toweled for what seemed like hours and still slept with two rather damp dogs. Nothing like the smell of a slightly damp dog.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby sharon » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:48 am

I can take or leave the beach as long as Mom is there, altho I had fun with Peaches at Port Aransas until I followed her out...I ended up swimming while she was just knee deep. I wasn't to crazy about that. Mom is ooohing and ahhhing over that red dog, don't know why, his mom wasn't there, just some grey haired guy. And that dog isn't nearly as handsome as Herschel. She's so silly sometimes! Mom is saying she sure wishes she had gone to Florida. Maybe next year Herschel can show us some of those places he went to this year. I'll really really try and not "errrrrr" at him and Stuart.

Love, the Chewmonster
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:22 pm

wow, that looks like a great place to go, Gracie would be like Remi and stay away from
the water, she wouldn't want to get her tootsies wet :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Maggie would be with Gracie, Ava, she's not that fond of water, but if I have a chance to walk along the beach anytime, she will just have a few wet toes :) She loves the snow and as long as I didn't force her in, think she would love running along the water line. Hope I get to find out !!

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby mtngal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Great pix Herschel, your mom did good, the water is gorgeous!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 pm

I don't understand why my Mom stayed back here with the birds when I could have gone back to that wonderful beach and ocean. Mom promises me we'll be going back there in a couple weeks, but then I won't have all of you to play with. Hope some other dogs will be there when we get there. Then to top it off, Mom left me alone all day today to go visit with your Mom and Sarah and my good friend Robbie and one of her friends. She told me to watch the house. I think that's rotten. You were having so much fun, and I'm glaring at my mom. But I'm glad YOU got to have fun.

Peaches
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cpatinjones » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Nice area! Nothing like having a great time!
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:11 pm

My Mom got my Dad to look at your beach photos....telling him that after we're done here doing the "Camp Hosting" thing, he is to take us to a beach somewhere....Now, I like the water just fine, but have issues with really tall waves, but Mom tells me that I can have just as much fun in the shallow area...so I'm going to try it again....Oh, wait, our friends who camp here have invited us to their house near here to spend a week or 2, and they live near or rather almost at the ocean, but Andy says they are called "marshes' and said that playing in salt water mud is really fun.... ;) :o :D So will give that a try.. ;) ..will have Mom take pictures of that....mark it on your calendars after April 1st..... ;)

Looks like you guys had a great time....Remi, some dogs are just not made for the water, but glad you enjoyed the sand....

Happy Puppy Trails to ya'll...
Spinner
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Liz » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Sure would have rather been on the beach with all of you Herschel than at my uncle's house. I have to stay outside here 'cause their gks have allergies. And the canal has gators, so no water play for me. Then this evening I had to go to bed early so my mom could go inside and play cards! Wish they'd get their priorities straight.

Roe
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby VickieP » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Liz wrote:Sure would have rather been on the beach with all of you Herschel than at my uncle's house. I have to stay outside here 'cause their gks have allergies.

Liz, I read this about 3 times, trying to figure out why you had to stay outside because the gks had allergies. :lol: :lol: :lol:
(then I read the rest)
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Redetotry » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Great post, thanks Tina opps, I mean Hershel. I love the picture of you on the beach resting but still watching over your GHL.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Dear Herschel,

Who took that picture of you and your GHL?
Inquiring minds want to know...

Love,
Abby

PS: my mind is not inquiring, unless it has to do with a cookie...my mommy made me say that.

mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:02 am

Miz Sarah took my GHL's camera and took the picture. The GHL was tired enough from our beach walking that she couldn't protest. :lol: Maybe Sarah can get some others when GHL isn't paying attention.......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Next

Return to Get Togethers