Quartzsite Arizona

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzsite Arizona

Postby carold » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:28 am

Thanks for the pics, Sharon :D and letting me see what I missed :cry: This has definitely NOT been my year for gtgs (except Arkansas). My flight to Tuscon last Monday was canceled because of the storm so decided to cancel trip altogether ( 3 tries to get to Raleigh then rescheduled trip to Benson and then that flight canceled :roll:) I agree, LIz. That happened to us in OR (locked the door and had no keys), so I keep one of the front windows unlocked too. carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 am

I hope they can figure out your door problem for good, Sharon - but it sure does give us a chuckle. Pictures are great. So glad to see everyone! As to taking and posting them - I have now about 100 I want on my blog - or here - ouch. So much to do, so little time. Liz is so much better at that than me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:25 am

Bethers wrote:I hope they can figure out your door problem for good, Sharon - but it sure does give us a chuckle. Pictures are great. So glad to see everyone! As to taking and posting them - I have now about 100 I want on my blog - or here - ouch. So much to do, so little time. Liz is so much better at that than me.

@Beth....I taught Liz everything I knew on my Alaska trip and then handed the reins over to her as the picture Queen! :lol:

@Vickie....Yup, that's the Chewmonster noodling around...she was the only fur baby there so she got a lot of off leash time. She feels she has a reputation to live up to and was a little disapointed that there weren't any other babies to growl at.

@Liz...glad to be of service as the funny of the day...since I'm the one that fixed the door in Alb, there's no refund. Guess I'd better take it to the professionals now...altho I did see on the post that the latch hooks on what might be an adjustment...hmmmmm....may have to second think that professional help...at least until I screw it up. Want to make sure I get my money's worth when I take it in. :D

@CarolD...we missed you, wish you could have come but seems like we have more and more GTG's, so you're sure to make one once in a while. Can't lock keys in as you have to use a key to lock it...the trick is to remember that I actually locked the door to begin with! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Redetotry » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:40 am

I'm not sure what apleskeivers are either but they sure looked good. Thanks for the pictures and the story about the trip Sharon. Yes, I'd be seeing about that door before you get arrested for breaking and entry by mistake :lol: I saw sweetie Chewy too.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby sharon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:52 am

I spelled it wrong, it's abelskeiver...I had them the first time in Solvang, Ca and fell in love. Sheila's were excellent!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86bleskiver
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks for the pics, Sharon. You did good and I certainly enjoyed them. Good to see everyone around the campfire. Sorry your door lock is still giving you fits. :evil:
Hope you find the reason and get it solved asap.
AlmostThere

Postby mtngal » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 am

Yummm, those 'abelskeiver' look heavenly! Will Sheila share the recipe? Oh, but we need a special pan to bake? and a knitting needle to turn? how fun! Thanks for posting your pics Sharon, you did good!
Diana
mtngal

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Fun pictures, Sharon!
You Left Coast girls sure know how to have fun!

mitch5252

Postby cpatinjones » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Enjoyed the pics!
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Great pictures Sharon... and you all looked like you enjoyed the goodies too...I remember a few of the GTG when Sheila would make
something really good....We need her to post those goodies...Right Sistahs...we need more goodies ...:)

Yes, I was laughing about your door routine...cause I remember the first time it happened and you told us... Sharon, someone's gonna take your
picture ...LOL

God Bless
Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:17 am

we were introduced to abelskivers at our campground a couple of years ago and so enjoy them...I don't use a knitting needle to turn them although I've tried lots of things...what I found works is my icing knife...not the straight blade but the one with the angle in it...as to there origin I'm thinking Danish but not sure and I didn't look at the link that Sharon posted you have to have a special pan look at the kitchen stores

thanks Sharon for posting the pictures enjoyed seeing them and so enjoyed have every one come that was able to and would have loved to have anyone that come stop by another time

there is things to do hear we just choose not to were content to do what we did
sheila

what recipes do you want posted?
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am

I saw those Ableskeivers in Solvang when I was there a couple weeks ago. I almost bought them but you had to buy three of them and I only wanted one to try. Watched them being made which was interesting. They look like they would be kind of like pancakes. They put strawberry sauce over them and then powdered sugar on top. You do need a special pan for them but they cook quickly.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Get Togethers