PA in October

Let's get together!

PA in October

Postby Paulette » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:53 am

Just wanted to put this out there, that my sister and I are planning a camping weekend 16th - 19th October at Ferryboat Campsites (.com) located in Liverpool, PA. It is right on the Susquehanna River. I know the Ferry doesn't run after the end of September, but I'm just looking for a "last trip of the season" before I have to winterize. GD has a long weekend off of school that weekend, so I'm getting ready to make my reservations. If anyone is in the area or wants to be in the area that weekend, please feel free to join us.

They have kayak and canoe rentals and if the weather permits, I'd like to go out in one or the other as I'm thinking about getting an inflatable one for in the MH. I know a couple of the places we traveled to this summer it would have been great to have one with!

Barbzeee, wish you weren't going to be in FLA by then!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Re: PA in October

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Paulette, I know where that campground is too ! Darn... but I'm leaving for Florida Oct 8th or 9th.. and I'm even gonna miss Halloween too... my favorite time of the year... but anyway.. Perhaps you might also contact Sprinter as that wouldn't be that far for her to travel... and did we ever hear what happened to Gayle ? LOL

Sure wish I could make it.. but hey we could put that on our lists for 09... Maybe ShirlV might take the ride up.. she'd like the area... too.. and it's not a bad drive...

I'll keep watching to see who all will show up for ya... Take pictures... you know me I'm nosy LOL

God Bless...
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:05 pm

PA is my original home, but can't make a trip in October. But, thanks for the invitation.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby kelpie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Sorry, not that familiar with PA what part is that in? N,S, E or W? i was planning a trip to Shenandoah National Parki week prior to that and actually thought about coing back thru PA so I could add another state to my map? I'll be traveling thru the SW corner? Is that anywhere near where you'll be?
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Sorry,... sounds nice, but that's too far for me to travel for two reasons,.... $$$ and also time,... I am working two jobs for the fall months,..... have a campfire and raise a glass to those of us that can't make it! :D
Cedar518

Postby Echo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Liverpool PA is on RT15 just a bit north of Harrisburg.

If Lori and Ernie were still in PA I bet they would go. They know that campground well.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Paulette » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Well, you all will just have to join me in spirit then! I know it is late in the season (for us nor'easters) but I have to get that one last weekend in before I put her away for the winter...blech, ptuy, ptuy...that word just sticks in my mouth! The older I get, the more I dread winter!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Paulette - you had a question here about where in PA this is - someone is interested. You must have missed that answer - so read up - maybe some of you will be able to gtg.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:15 pm

OH, DARN, DARN, double DARN!!!!! :cry: :cry: Wish we could have done this earlier.....we've camped there quite a few times.....nice campground and when the ferry is running, it's great fun!!!!!!! It is located about 25-35 miles north of Harrisburg on US route 15/11.......they give discount with AAA card.....have putt-putt golf, playground, and bring bikes if you like....golf carts for rent....and a well stocked camp store.....full hookups, but arranged kinda' weird....so you may have to have some extra hose for water, but e&s are on the same side......nice winery in the area, in fact, just up the road a little....fire rings.....I've never been there in the fall, but the leaves should be just at peak or a little after.......You all have a great time......We'll have to do this CG again next summer when we're back...... ;) :D

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Shirlv » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:48 am

Oops! Paulette missed this posting. I will have to read everything from now on. I am interested but will have to wait and see my work schedule at the hospital.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby Paulette » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:45 am

Hey, sounds like plans in the making for a GTG next year some time too. I'll let ya'll know how I like the cg, but from Lori's post sounds like there isn't anything not to like! We'll miss the ferry as it only runs till the end of Sept, but that will be something to look forward to next year too!

Kelpie, I wasn't ignoring you, but thought that Echo had pretty much answered. Shirlv, would love to meet you if you can make it. If not, we'll still try to work a meeting of some sort into our future.
Paulette

Postby kelpie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:23 pm

I have goggled this from Shenandoah National Park and it seems very do-able. Keep me posted as plans firm up. I would love to meet some of you.
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Liz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:32 am

I'll be coming through PA on my way back south about that time. I'll see if it'll work out to join you. My SIL will be riding with me.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Paulette » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:37 am

WooHoo...I feel honored. I look forward and am hoping to see you then!
Paulette

Postby Paulette » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Okay, for anyone interested or in the area, I have made a reservation from 16 - 19 October at Ferryboat Campsites. Their 800 # is 1-800=759-8707. I have a serious need for a get-away weekend before winter sets in. I'd love to meet any of you that might be in the area...nothin fancy, nothin formal, just a how do ya do. Come sit around the campfire and chat.
\
Wanted to add...looks like we might have the following group attending...
kelpie, liz and sil, shirlv (if work doesn't interfere)

Cedar, we'll definitely raise a toast of some sort to you!

Ha, shaping up nicely! Lori, we'll definitely have to plan to gtg there next summer and get Barb and anyone else in the area to come too. I did e-mail Sprinter, but that is the weekend she is moving out of her apartment and going full time!
Paulette

Next

Return to Get Togethers