PA in October

Let's get together!

Re: PA in October

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Yes, Paulette.....we'll have to plan a BIG GTG there next year......I believe that they have a group area there with full hookups......May and early June are great months as it is usual warm during the day, but cool enough for a campfire at night.....when it gets closer we'll chat.... :lol: ;)

But until then.....you gals have a great time......I'll be there in spirit, too....along with Cedar..... ;)

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Shirlv » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:19 am

Paulette, Sorry I took so long answering. I won't make the gtg, darn! darn!. My daughter is having surgery and then radiation so it will be time for the family to rally around. I am not sure what will be required but I am keeping the calendar clear. I think you will have a great end to the camping season. It is always sad to winterize. :cry:
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby Paulette » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:55 am

Shirl, I'll miss you but totally understand the family rallying around thing. Family comes first! Well, if anything changes and you can make it, come on up! We'll save a seat around the campfire for you! I hope all goes well and will keep you all in my prayers. Take care.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby kelpie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:02 pm

Sorry, haven't been on in a while. Do we need to make our own reservation using the number you gave? Do we ask for certain group or site numbers? I am so looking forward to meeting some of my forum "sisters"
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Paulette » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:13 am

I didn't reserve any specific area, because I figure the cg probably won't be that crowded this time of year. However, I did request a site on the water. My last name is Little. If you want, you can call them and tell them you are with me and would like a site close by. She didn't give me a site number over the phone. I look forward to seeing ya there. I haven't heard from Liz, so don't know if she and her SIL still plan on coming...but I hope so. I am so looking forward to getting away for a long weekend!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Liz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Paulette,

My SIL and I still haven't firmed up a departure date, but we are planning a day in the Lancaster area so she (a quilter) can visit some quilt shops. If it's when you'll be there we will plan to spend at least 1 night at the cg with you. I'll let you know as soon as we know for sure. My SIL has a dr. appt with orthopedic dr this week regarding a shoulder problem. Our departure from here may depend on what he says is needed. I hope our dates coincide, because I'm looking forward to meeting you and Kelpie.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Paulette » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Liz, Kelly and anyone else in the area and interested...I found out that I am in site # 94. I am looking forward to the weekend and meeting any of you that are in the area, and hope the weather is at least sunny if not warm. Nothing like camping with 2 dogs and a kid in the rain. And actually, my friend and her GD are coming along, so 2 dogs, 2 kids and rain...NO WAY!

Liz, I don't know if you are still in the area or have already passed through. I'm hoping we'll get to meet, but if not this time, then perhaps next summer cause I know there will be a big GTG at this campground sometime then. Right Lori? Barb? I'll try to post pictures some time next week.
Paulette

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:09 pm

You got it, Paulette..... ;) :lol: OOOOOO.........looked up your campsite on their map via their webpage....www.ferryboatcampsites.com and you are sooooo LUCKYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Everytime we've been there we've always been farther back toward the highway....good for you..... ;) you're facing the river....and right by the office/campstore....We usually get the area where the numbers are like 220 - 230's.....

Okay, will be looking forward to your report and photos.....
Have a great time and I'll pray for NO RAIN!!!

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby Paulette » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Looks like a good site, doesn't it? And I'm excited because I bought a SeaEagle inflatable kayak (2 person) and I'm bringing it along this trip so GD and I can try her out! Most excited because I found out that the water is only about 3 feet deep along there...so I know we won't drown! :lol: Now, before anyone jumps on me, we do have our PFD's, so we will be safe. Let's hope the weather is as nice as it has been here this week so far! Upper 70's and low 80's...but if it is cooler we'll take that too!
Paulette

Postby Paulette » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:04 pm

I just wanted to let you all know that Kellie and Eddie came over and introduced themselves this evening. They both seem very nice and I"m happy to make their aquaintence. We are going to try to hook up again tomorrow and maybe even do some kayaking! Will try to remember to get pictures.

Liz, you still in the area or already back south?
Paulette

Postby Liz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Sorry I missed you! We started back a week early for the gtg and I just got home in FL yesterday. We did visit the Lancaster area last weekend...it was packed! The campgrounds were full. We ended up back in Beth's domain at Lake-in the Wood as they had a cancellation. They were doing their "Christmas in October" celebration with all the campsites decorated for Christmas (except mine!). We stayed 2 nights so my SIL could visit quilt and fabric shops in the area.

I'll be coming north again next year, so hope to catch you then. Have a great time!
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Liz, I can't believe you managed to get into LIW on this weekend! Did you go to the Christmas dinner? I gave them some pinata gnomes I had made last year in Christmas colors that they told me they had out again this year. Of course, with all the decorations, you'd have to look for them. Did you see the golf cart parade?

I must admit, as much as I like some of the solitude, I truly enjoyed their Christmas in October celebration there. Sorry I wasn't there to get you a site this time, though :)

See you in a couple weeks!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:14 am

Beth, we were just happy to find a site somewhere. I recovered quickly from the price...it averaged out as we camped free or cheap the other nights. Yes, they pointed out your pinatas, however we missed the dinner as we stayed out late visiting quiltshops and touring. We stopped early at "Good and Plenty" to eat before the crowds and tour buses arrived. I don't think there was anyone left in New Jersey that weekend...they were all in the Lancaster area! :lol:

We did see the golf cart parade and Santa! All the Christmas decorations were pretty; everyone went to a lot of care to light up their campsites. They have made some improvements since I was there...paved level sites around the circle. Our site was just a few spaces from last year's. There are also some new park models around the circle. What they really need to do though is upgrade the showers. :lol:
Liz
Liz

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:42 pm

You should have used the newer shower on the way to where you stayed - where the handicapped shower is - that's upgraded and really nice. I forget about those things, since I use my own shower.

That's neat that they pointed out my pinatas - who did you talk to? I really do like the owner and his wife and the manager and his wife - they made my time there so wonderful - and because of them I'll look at going back there for another season in a couple years.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:29 am

Paulette.....where are the pictures and the scoop on the Ferryboat GTG? :? :? Can't wait to hear all about it!!
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers