PA in October

Let's get together!

Re: PA in October

Postby Paulette » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 am

Sorry, I just haven't been able to download the pictures. My mind and heart are elsewhere right now. :roll: But, I will try to get to them soon. I can't wait to show you all the view out my front window from that weekend.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Thanks, Paulette - and you do realize you just whetted our appetites even more - now we all want to know just where your mind and heart are???

Of course, you can refuse to answer - but won't stop us curious women from wanting to know :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:59 am

Beth, I wish I could say a happy peaceful place, but unfortunately I'm still aching for my best friend and business partner who is still fighting for his life. He had a tripple by-pass and open heart surgery 2 weeks ago and is still in CCU and still on a vent with a trach. I know it can be a long road back, but I hate that he is going through this at all. And it is complicated by the fact that I am second in command (VP) so all of the things he did and just knew how to do, I am now in the process of figuring out. And...I had an employee turn in his resignation 2 weeks ago too. So, things are really busy and when I'm not busy I'm worried sick.

Today I have to take my rv to Freightliner (again) and so I'll drop it off and then head to the hospital to see if I can visit for a bit. Maybe get the chance to fuss at him a bit and tell him how very much I and the company need him. Maybe motivate him to push harder to get back home.

I will try to get the pictures posted this weekend. I should have quite a bit of time AFTER i get my house cleaned up! GD will be with her GF most of the weekend. PROMISE! It is a great campground and the girls had a lot of fun.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:24 am

Paulette, I have kept your friend in my prayers - but didn't think at all of that when I posted before. Forgive me :oops: I need to stop and think before posting sometimes. I hope your visit can help be the catalyst to get him on a faster road to recovery.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Beth, it's okay. Thanks for the prayers. He has a long road ahead of him. As said, I will try to get the pictures downloaded off my camera this weekend.
Paulette

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 pm

Paulette, I, too, had forgotten about your friend's condition...my prayers are again going forth.....take your time and we'll enjoy the photos when you are ready...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby kelpie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:38 pm

I don't have any pics of Paulette but I do have some of the beautiful views at the c.g.

Image The river, I believe is called the Susquehanna

Image Sun breaking through

IImage believe this town is Millersburg - it's where the ferry goes

and some not so beautiful :

Image Me and Eddie

and some just kind of cute

Image Wonder if they felt that?
kelpie

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:09 pm

You are making me homesick.... ;) Yeap, you got the river right and the town right.....The photos are wonderful....Thanks...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:15 pm

Ah, wonderful pics - and I didn't see anything or anyone "not so beautiful" -

Thanks for sharing - I, too, recognize the area and can't wait for the day I visit the NE again.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:48 am

Pictures as promised.

This is the view out the front window of my motorhome for the weekend.

My sister's pop-up. She's putting up her lights.

Kellie and Olivia roasting marshmallows.

The 1st place prize winning pumpkin...designed by my friend Barb and her GD.

Bailey and Fred in their costumes. It didn't last long!

It was a nice weekend and I really enjoyed meeting Kelly! I'm anxious to hear more of her travels!

Okay, I don't know why the pictures aren't working. I know I don't do this often, but I didn't think it was that complicated! Nevermind...I got it to work!
Paulette

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:31 am

Thanks for the photos, Paulette....they are wonderful!!!! Great site!!!
Take care................
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Previous

Return to Get Togethers