FL GTG, January 2011

Let's get together!

Re: FL GTG, January 2011

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:53 am

That was the only picture in the book that looked even close .... but we didn't have much confidence on our own. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mtngal » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 am

Wow, cool pics Liz! and what fun y'all had at the gtg, no wonder nobody wants to go home!!!! :D
Diana
mtngal

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:12 am

Oh so nice Liz... would love to have gone on that trip but I did through your pictures...
Boy Nan what a work out you had!
Kathleen
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:28 am

Hey, no Recipe Horror Stories to come out of this GTG????

mitch5252

Postby MsBHaven » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Looked like great kayaking fun. I still can't imagine being in a kayak among those alligators. Too scary for me. Loved those photos of Nan...funny.

So when is the next GTG in Florida???
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Ah Yes I did take pictures!
Pre GTG after we set up we went to Liz's she had made lasagna..

I think Soos was missing her computer here she is opening the case while Sarah looks on...

Liz making sure everything is right for her guests...

I think Sarah wants her computer badly...

Tina wants to be sure her daughter's dog is ok (she/he got two heart worm pills oops)...

Soos Liz and Nan thinking did we eat enough? There is a lot left...

Joslyn thinking and Nan is waiting wonder for what?

Sarah smiling as one of our master story tellers (Tina) tells a story...

Nan is our other master story teller... oh my can she make the ordinary seem extraordinary!!

Liz and Soos cannot contain themselves... what a rip roaring time we all had...

Molly was sleeping on Soos's lap but she woke when I took the picture...

We had all of our dogs there and there was not one fight... amazing!! Liz has a doggie door and some of the dogs got a treat as they were helped through and then back in... I did not get any pictures of that but it was very cute...
I have more pictures but this is all for today...

Kathleen
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:14 pm

What wonderful pictures! Those of us not there sure did miss a great time!!
There's always next year.

PS: Molly looks a lot bigger than I thought...

mitch5252

Postby Liz » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Good pics, Kathleen!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:55 pm

When the gator swam across right in front of us now that gives you a pause. But a man came by in a kayak, said no problem just move right on past them. We all got the courage and paddled right behind him. I did not want anyone to have to see how I could walk on water. :lol:

Great gathering. There five of us still here in the campground, so we meet and eat. Of course the gathering spot is at Pete's. Might as well be warm and comfortable. He won't let us clean up and has the best dessert ever.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby flick4411 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Great pics! Loved all the birds; who knew there were wild monkeys. they can't be indiginous can they? But I"m with Marslet...seems that you don't have a lot of protection in those kayaks. Do the gators ever take an interest in the boats? I'd love to see them in the wild, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with those big guys knowing they could slip into the water and be at your side so quickly... Obviously, you aren't worried; so I'm guessing there's never been a "close encounter of the gator kind"??? :o :shock:

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
Cat Owner--or is it Owned by Cats?
(Encino and the Kuwaiti Kitty, Habbibi)
flick4411

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 pm

We've unleashed a terror now that Kathleen figured out pictures :) Great job - good to really see what happened before I got here.

And, yes, Nan, Pete did a great job with dessert - and then doctoring up our vittles tonight. Ended up being only Nan, Pete and myself tonight - so we just sat and laughed and laughed some more with stories. Earlier today, Soos, Pete and I went on a long hike (with Molly and Peaches, of course). Lots more on the river today, being a Saturday. Pete, Soos and I believe we're going to rent a canoe tomorrow and do the trip together. I was on my roof at one point today, refixing one of the areas I want to make sure won't leak. Also did a load of laundry. I'm pooped!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dpf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Marslet wrote:Great pics. Just not sure if all I want between me and an alligator is a piece of rubber. :lol: I think the bird is a wood stork based on the head.

I agree with you Marslet....if I were that up close and personal with a gater and all that was between us was a piece of rubber....I'd be needing clean underwear! :oops:

Thanks ladies...I have enjoyed your pictures so much! Hopefully someday down the road I can come to a GTG.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby cpatinjones » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Great pics everyone! It seems everyone had a great time!
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 pm

You guys are braver than I am. I live where we have found them in our yard and have to get several out of the pond every year and I wouldn't be kayaking with them.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:02 pm

flick4411 wrote:Great pics! Loved all the birds; who knew there were wild monkeys. they can't be indiginous can they? But I"m with Marslet...seems that you don't have a lot of protection in those kayaks. Do the gators ever take an interest in the boats? I'd love to see them in the wild, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with those big guys knowing they could slip into the water and be at your side so quickly... Obviously, you aren't worried; so I'm guessing there's never been a "close encounter of the gator kind"??? :o :shock:

Li, the Rhesus monkeys were brought in for the filming of the Tarzan movies years ago. Then they did what monkeys do, and the ones living on the river are descendants. There are two schools of thought....some, like the state park would like them removed because they take food/habitat from the native species. Others want them to stay. I imagine it would be hard to round them all up. There is a "monkey study" boat that cruises the river regularly, counting & whatever else they study.

I have never felt threatened by the gators, but I do give them a healthy respect and lots of room. My photos are taken with a zoom lens. I did a 360 when the one was crossing the river so not to drift too close, which is why the man commented.

Of course there are occasional attacks by gators....but they are rare. Not heard of anyone being attacked in a kayak/boat.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers