Arkansas GTG Part III

Let's get together!

Arkansas GTG Part III

Postby VickieP » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Let the fun begin!!!!! Sharon arrived at the campground around 2, we got here around 6 and Marslet & Jim arrived shortly after us.

Drumroll please!
The first gtg pic. Sharon kept Ronnie company while I set up the rv (yes, she offered to help, but I'm so used to doing it myself)

I didn't get a pic of Marslet, Jim or Emma, but tomorrow's another day! :D They stopped by after they got set up and met us and then went for supper. Sharon and Chewy sat a while and visited before heading off to her MH and we came in and fixed burgers for supper. It's great to be here and we're looking forward to a relaxing day tomorrow.

Carolyn, they must have just opened the Crater of Diamonds campground back up. It's been closed for a long time, doing renovations, but I just checked their website and the closed campground alert is gone!

Drive safe everybody and we'll be holding down the fort till yall get here.

I haven't read all the posts, but was wondering about Carold with the flooding in Mountain Home AR. I'll go read some more and see if I can find anything from her.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Re: Arkansas GTG Part III

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:42 am

Yay, the first picture!! Wow, what a great site. Looking forward to seeing everyone else in pictures to come! Have fun!
PLAY NICE!! ;)
AlmostThere

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:59 am

YAHOO! Let the games begin----and YES! Play nice!!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby dpf » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:46 am

Damn...I'm jealous....think those of us who can't make it (seems there are few of us) had better start scraping up bail money. Can't wait for more pictures.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 am

Woohoo, the fun's started.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:23 am

Good to go, here in Mountain Home. If there is flooding, it hasn't shown itself. Lot's of rain though. In between the drops, we've been boating, playing tennis, visiting friends, eating and wining. Our friend has a great wine cellar of homemade wine, so we've had fun indulging. Got a massage, hair cut and colored (too dark this time, but unless I shave it all off :lol: or strip the color, it will stay). One of the hazards of not using the same person each time, even though I carry the formula with me :roll: If I had a lot of gray, I would let it grow out. Going grocery shopping on Sunday and then leave for the GTG on Monday am. ps-we (tGM :D ) will be making veggie chili for the group dinner, don't know yet about the breakfast. Glad to see the sun shining there. carold
carold

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Wow, looks like a great site. Boy those tables look a little heavy to carry to another campsite. Oh well, there will be enough of us to make it.

Vickie, I have my reservations at Diamond Crater so everything must be good to go. C'ya all in a couple of days.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Speaking of tables - I threw one of mine away before leaving AL. Just was not in good shape anymore. But we'll make things work one way or another!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:01 pm

ahhhhhh, beautiful trees and shade and grass, I love it
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MsBHaven » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Looks like a great site! Hope you all have a lot of fun and post lots of photos. Wish I was there with you all. Looks like Sharon got a haircut since I saw her last.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby VickieP » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:49 pm

We woke to rain today and then fog, but it cleared out before lunch. Sharon's DS & DIL arrived, they will stay overnight and leave on Sunday because of work. Ronnie and I went down to the visitor's center/office and got his fishing license and ran into Marslet and Jim there. They told us how good the food was at the Mather Lodge, so after we walked down to the fishing pier Ronnie convinced :twisted: me that the 1.5 mile hike wouldn't be bad. (he was in his power chair :roll: )

These are a few of the sites along the way...

This statue is for the men (CCC) that did so much work in the park.

We saw one deer and lots of tracks on the hike.

This is the CCC Water Tower.

The entrance to the Lodge.

The beautiful view.

Looking back at Ronnie waiting in the breezeway to the Lodge.

Ronnie had their famous Big Rock Burger. There is one wall of the restaurant where you can sit and watch the beautiful view while you eat.

After the hike back to the campground ( I was draggin butt!) we arrived to find Sharon, DS & DIL waiting at our site for us to return. Shortly after that, who did we see walking up, but Liz, Roe, Carol and Maggie! Nobody even knew they were there yet! Just a bit more and Marslet, Jim and Emma arrived. Sorry for the blurry pics.

Jim, Ronnie, Les (Sharon's DS), Carol/Carolinagal, Sharon, Marslet, Michelle(I think I got that right, Sharon's DIL), Liz

VickieP

VickieP

Postby VickieP » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Carolyn, we won't be moving these picnic tables, they're bolted down, but I think we'll be okay, I have a 6ft & two 4ft. tables and I think others said they brought their tables too.

Can't wait to see everybody arriving on Sunday!!!! Safe travels!
VickieP

VickieP

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Wow, look at the crowd already! Love seeing all the pics. Can't wait to be in them, too!
Beth
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Here's one more: L to R, Sharon's DIL Michelle, son Les, Sharon, Marslet's DH Jim, Vickie, Carol (back turned), Vickie's DH Ronnie, Marslet, and Roe in front.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby cpatinjones » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Hello Ladies,

Well, Debbie and I are sitting here at my dad's reading through part III of the GTG in AR and wishing we were there!!! It seems there are several early birds. :D The park looks wonderful! A very nice place to have a GTG.

Since, Debbie could not bring the Lasagne to the pot luck supper, we had it tonight. It was very tasty. I am sorry none of you were able to have a bite. :lol: There are leftovers, you are welcome to stop by for a bite. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are a few pics of the Lasagne, as well as my birthday cupcakes (which is on the 14th).

Debbie and her wonderful lasagna

Lasagne

Birthday Cupcakes

Have a great time and don't forget to post lots of pics!
Last edited by cpatinjones on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Next

Return to Get Togethers