Florida?

Let's get together!

Re: Florida?

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:50 am

Great! We'll have to figure out when the most people will be in the region and could come.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:36 am

Unless the price of gas becomes prohibitive again by the first of April, I plan to drive to Orlando to visit my son in my house down there. I get off school on Friday, March 26, and have to be back here by Monday, April 13th.

I usually take 95 south from my brother's house in PA, and return via 26, 77, and 81 up to Watertown, NY.

I would love to make one of my stopovers at a gtg with you all, if it's not too far off my course, either going or coming back. I won't have my trailer as my driveway at that time of year turns into a mud pit and is impassable. But I am a good tenter, and have many tents, or better yet, I usually stay in cabins along the way, such as KOA Kamping Kabins. I will have Molly with me, so need to have an acceptable pet policy somewhere.

Just keep us informed, and I will try to see what I can do. That would be so much fun!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm definitely interested so whenever the date set let us know. This sounds like too much fun.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Liz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Wow, I just read back through the posts and counted 12 members interested in a FL gtg. What a great time that would be! It looks like late March/early April would catch the most of those expressing interest? Will be getting with Barbz & Nan to plan, so keep checking this thread.
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:54 am

Liz and Nan... How's bout the place where we were last year.. in Ocala.. it has plenty of room for parking and there's even plenty room for tenting as well..it's clean and the showers were great...it's pet friendly .... we'll work on it more... we have still time... Lookin good though... and even Soosie and her Mollie...alright.... A whopper of a GTG is in the making...

God Bless

Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:05 am

http://www.floridastateparks.org/Silverriver/

Here's the link for Silver River State Park in Ocala where we had last year's FL gtg. Those interested have a look and let me know if it'll work for you. They do have cabins for rent too, but I think pets are not allowed in them. If we decide to have it here I'll post a list of possible activities in the area to choose from.
Liz
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:43 am

End of March, beginning of April would work for me. I've only boondocked at Mexico Beach, never stayed at a campground. Silver Springs was a great campground, love them pull throughs.
Dang look at the time! I can't sleep and I have to be up 6.00am. Looks like an all nighter!
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:42 am

First part of the month would work out for Kelly and I better than the last of the month. Be easier to get the time during the first week than the last. ;)

But whatever is decided will work. Cause we will make sure it works out for us. LOL
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:14 am

Molly and I are planning to travel to FL via truck for the first two weeks in April. Will take me 3 days of driving to get there, and 3 to get back, so that leaves about a week to actually vacation! As I think I mentioned somewhere before, I usually stay over two night before I get to my place in Orlando....so could probably make an overnight both going and coming wherever people might be down there.

Let me know when things get more solidified. If gas prices stay down, I will most probably make the trip. However, if the prices turn out as they did last year....FORGET IT! I would be tenting or staying in a cabin. Molly will be with me. Certain KOAs allow dogs in select cabins...most others don't allow them inside.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Oh I really want to do this but I think 609 mi may be a bit much for me but I'll try. Was hoping for a panhandle gtg. Keep us posted. Never know what will work at that time.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby carold » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Love to GTG, but am leaving for a 3 week vacation on 4/1. If it's earlier, or later, i can attend. carold
carold

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:13 pm

I'll be keeping an eye on this topic. FLA is do-able for me if I have my new rig by then. I would love to make it to a GTG!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Ok, Barbzeee and I will be throwing a date out there after Robert comes down...she wants to coordinate with him to help with her dogs. Keep watching.
Liz
Liz

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:00 am

Ok, here's the date I have open that I can GTG ..Robert lands on the 17th of March..and goes home on the 24th of March.. He and I are going out for dinner on our Anni..the 18th.. So looking at the calendar ..20th to the 22nd looks good...Ok..now how about you all... LIz, Nan, Caold and any one else that's gonna be in the area... does it work for YOU > Bumping this up so we can get some feedback...

Now if you can't do those dates..no biggy as I can ride up for the day to meet any one ...or maybe we can just have a meeting place to go for dinner...or heck we can do something at the Club house here where I stay....

Just let me know and post...or PM or call or Im :) I'm all eyes and ears... There is also a no frills campground right near me..not pricey..Jill and Tommy stayed there and liked it too... I use to stay there (for 7 years) clean and home type ..again no frills but they do have Wifi...and clean showers..

God Bless

Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 am

Most any dates are fine with me 'cause I'm close. But I checked those dates at Silver River and they're already booked up Fri. & Sat. Weekends will be tough because of the concerts at Silver Springs Park. They have to be booked way in advance. Weekdays are available 22nd (Sunday)-24th, or 17th-19th, for example (We'll take you two out on your anniv. :lol: ). Maybe the cg near you would be better, especially for Fri. & Sat.

Anybody else planning to be in FL at a different date, let me know....we can always have a series of mini-gtgs in the area.
Liz
Liz

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers