MN Mini-GTG

Let's get together!

MN Mini-GTG

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, I met Laurie for lunch today. She joined on here in March and lives just a couple miles from me on Lake Minnetonka. She doesn't have internet access so doesn't get on here very often until she can get to the library.
We had a really nice visit for 2 hours. Talked about lots of different things. She is heading to Albuquerque at the end of September for the Hot Air Baloon festival down there. I told her she should leave a little early and stop at the AK GTG in the middle of September. She is going to look into that.

Then, just after leaving her, I saw a little Yorkie running alone along the busy road I was on and pulled over to check it out. He was very friendly and had a tag with his name, Ceasar, on it and phone number. There are some new townhomes near where he was running and an RV parked in front of one of them (he looked like an RV dog!), so I walked over there with Ceasar following me (sniffing the ferret smell on my pants). Turns out the couple who own the RV also own Ceasar and didn't realize he got out of the fenced in area. So, of course, I had to chat with them. They spend their winters in (where else?) Palm Desert! They just got up here to their summer place last weekend (their kids and grandkids live here). They are a very nice couple and told me all about the Palm Springs area and where they live, things to see and do, etc. The woman even gave me the name of her hair stylist who owns a shop out there, to see if she would be interested in hiring me. They actually have two yorkies but the other one was sleeping somewhere. I got a tour of their 36 foot RV (forget the name) which was very nice. They thanked me over and over for bringing their dog back. They gave me their names and info to keep in touch. So that was fun! It pays to pick up stray dogs!

Here is a photo of Laurie and Barbie:

Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: MN Mini-GTG

Postby Liz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Glad you and Laurie got a chance to meet and share stories. Hope Laurie can make the AK gtg and meet the other doofuses.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby VickieP » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Ditto what Liz said! :D If Laurie can survive meeting Dewfus, she can take her chances on Dufus and Doofus! :lol:

Great story about the little Yorkie and it's hoomans, Barbie, ya just never know who you'll run into.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby avalen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:12 pm

great little gtg, so what was for lunch?
So glad you found the little dog and made it safely home instead of something
unfortunate on the freeway
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Actually, Ava, I had breakfast. I don't get to eat a real breakfast very often, so I had eggs, hashbrowns and toast. She had a burger and fries. Ihope Laurie can get to the AR GTG. She is very fun, sweet, and talkative! She'd fit right in (except with Mitch, of course, the sourpuss that she is)!

I wish I had taken a pic of Ceasar. He was so cute! His owners were so nice! Now I know someone else out in CA that I can visit when I move there! They have a 5 bedroom home on the golf course with a pool. Sounds wonderful!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby VickieP » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:48 pm

I just checked Karen's thread about the balloon fest, it's Sept. 14-19 and the AR GTG is Sept. 13-17. Sharon and I will be there beginning on Friday, though. Laurie is more than welcome to join us there, it'd be fun meeting her, it just depends on how many days she's going to be at the balloon fest. (Who needs balloons, we're full of hot air too) :lol:
VickieP

VickieP

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Laurie said the Balloonfest was in the first part of October. Maybe it is a different one than you were reading about. If so, she could do the AR GTG and then mosey down to NM for the balloon thing. I will check with her on that, otherwise she said she was going to try to get on here sometime this week, so if she sees this, she can let us know...

As for hot air, Mitch could contribute plenty of that! :lol: :lol:

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby VickieP » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:01 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:I think she said she was going to get to NM early and stay for the whole event. So she could do the AR GTG and then mosey down to NM for the balloon thing.
As for hot air, Mitch could contribute plenty of that! :lol: :lol:

:roll: You're a Dewfus, for sure! :lol: :lol: How in the heck would she go be crazy with us between the 13th & 17th and be in NM early before the 14th? :lol: (Maybe she'd be having so much fun, she'd forget about the NM part of her trip! :D
VickieP

VickieP

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 pm

OK doofus! I edited my post after re-reading yours.
Now I checked on the official Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fiesta web page and it goes from October 2nd to the 10th, so she could go to the GTG on her way down there. Where do you get your erroneous information??

Barbie

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby VickieP » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Okay, then I'm the Doofus, I think Karen's thread was about the Gallup balloon fest! I sure hope Laurie doesn't need any directions from the two of us, there's no telling where she'll end up! :lol: :lol:
VickieP

VickieP

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 pm

VickieP wrote:Okay, then I'm the Doofus, I think Karen's thread was about the Gallup balloon fest! I sure hope Laurie doesn't need any directions from the two of us, there's no telling where she'll end up! :lol: :lol:

Glad you're willing to admit when you are a doofus! However, I knew what I was talking about all along so you can't pull me into your confused world! :lol:

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby VickieP » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:19 pm

BarbaraRose wrote: you can't pull me into your confused world! :lol:

Aw, come on, it's fun here!!! :roll: :lol:
VickieP

VickieP

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:19 pm

VickieP wrote:
BarbaraRose wrote: you can't pull me into your confused world! :lol:

Aw, come on, it's fun here!!! :roll: :lol:

I've been there, I like my world better, but I do pay a visit occasionally! :lol: :lol:

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm so glad you two finally got to have your GTG. You've tried for sometime haven't you? Sure glad its happened. Sure hope Laurie isn't sorry and wondering about the rest of us in this group. :roll: You didn't act like yourself did you? :) I'm so glad you were there to rescue the little dog, makes me sick to think of what might have happened if you hadn't been there. Nice also, that now you know more people where you're going.

I knew when the balloon festival is that she plans to go too, why didn't you ask me? It was fun reading your fussing though. Kept expecting Mitch to chime in, you all just wait !!!!

No matter how many attend, GTG's are fun, so glad you all finally met.

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Carolinagal wrote: Sure hope Laurie isn't sorry and wondering about the rest of us in this group. :roll: You didn't act like yourself did you? :) CArol

Oh hey! Just because I have been mistakenly labled as a dewfus, doesn't mean I am not sweet and lovable! :D I told her that I am the "normal" one. But she still wants to meet the rest of you anyways! :lol:

Yes, this GTG was three months in the making! And with only 2 miles between us! Go figure!

I always stop for any animals (wild or domestic) I see on or near the road who look at risk for getting into trouble. I have a built in "animal radar" in my head! I have a sign on the back of my car that says "CAUTION: I brake for all critters!", just so people behind me are aware if I pull over or just stop on the road, like I did for that little squirrel yesterday. I have the back of my car full of wildlife rescue equipment that I might need.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Next

Return to Get Togethers