ATTN: all ladies in the PNW!

Let's get together!

Re: ATTN: all ladies in the PNW!

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:38 am

Lenore - Good thing you mentioned about the fireworks being legal in WA. When we were in Puyallup over the 4th the fireworks drove my little Rags crazy. We didn't get much sleep that night. We stayed at the fairgrounds and people were setting off fireworks throughout the night. I love to watch the pretty ones though but the dogs do go nuts!! Plus, there was a thunder/lightening storm that night. Lots of natural sky shows.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Christine » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:45 am

State parks do not allow fireworks.. one reason i wanna get away from home... Still not sure whether i will get to.. depends on if i have a dog sitter... but still have reservations over the 4th @ Millersylvania. If i dont go i am gonna try to get into another park either last of July or in Aug sometime.. Parks are usually full during those months, so sometimes ya gotta keep on top of it and see if there are cancellations!
Christine

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:04 am

Christine, I didn't realize how hard it is to get a site in the summer at the parks. Wonder if other campgrounds are just as hard to get spots? This summer is my first time with all this. Guess I can't just wait for nice weather then hop in my MH and drive somewhere thinking there will probably be room for me. :D ;) I'm still learining..
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:41 am

I've traveled in the PNW quite a bit and have never made reservations and have never had trouble getting a spot. Now, I am a tad more careful on weekends - but still go without reservations because I never know exactly where I'll be - except when meeting up with friends. It's like the FL state parks in the winter - weekends can really fill up. And check with your parks - some of them hold a couple sites for walkins - I don't remember if they did up there or not.

Now, holiday weekends - worse than weekends, things fill up. I try to figure out where I'll be staying for those times - or to have backup plans. To do a gtg on a weekend, having sites is good - cuz where one person might be able to get a site, several might not.

That said, it sounds like there will be several of you around, I suggest someone work with Liz and Sharon - if they can't be there at the same time, then set a couple different dates at different parks - and make a committed gtg for one or both of them = and see who else can come. More will come if it's a done deal and the decision is made for them :) (Right Liz? - she can tell you about the FL gtg that never happened as it was discussed to death - the next year, she picked a date and time - and voila, people came.)

Love that area - so many great places to go - inland and by the water.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am

Bethers wrote:I've traveled in the PNW quite a bit and have never made reservations and have never had trouble getting a spot. (Right Liz? - she can tell you about the FL gtg that never happened as it was discussed to death - the next year, she picked a date and time - and voila, people came.)

Carol & I didn't make reservations in 2007 when we were in the PNW either, but then, I don't think we stayed in any state parks. And finding places for 1, is different than finding for several.

What I did last year is pick a place....Silver River State Park (which is often full on weekends), checked availability on weekends in the approximate time frame (early Jan.), found one with some spots avail., booked 1 site, and invited others to join me. (At that time Diana, mtngal, was planning to be there and we just changed a mini-gtg into a larger one. If no one had come, I'd still have gone camping by myself. (Well, maybe I'd have cancelled if I knew it would snow!) I think I booked 5 nights, Thurs-check-outTues.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:40 pm

As I still don't know many, and have been to only a couple CGs/parks near me, I'll have to see if I can find one that would be fun and looks good. Which for me is NOT close to the interstate and has to have hiking. I'm hoping to check out some CGs on the WA beaches and then some just north of Mt St Helens.

Beth: When I was still married we traveled from WA to Illinois,(fairly straight shot across), then down thru AR, TX, NM, AZ, CA and then up the west coast, all without making one reservation. But that may be a bit different as we stayed in CGs within a mile or so from the interstates/highways.
AlmostThere

Postby WickedLady » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Well, come what may, I am going to be at American Sunset RV in Westport August 20-22. Would be glad to see anyone that wants to come there and sample my homemade wine. Bring glasses. :D
WickedLady

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Marda, just curious. That park is just north of Grayland. Have you been to Grayland? Are they similar or do you prefer that one more. I checked American Sunset RV's website and it looks to have some pretty roomy sites and nice amenities. What kind of price are they asking?
AlmostThere

Postby WickedLady » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Rates are $28.80 (GoodSam, AAA and AARP discount) and include 30/50amp, WIFi, cable TV, sites are grass with trees. Hiking/biking boardwalk along the ocean and things like propane, laundry. They even provide poop bags to pickup after your dog :lol:
WickedLady

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:39 am

That sounds like a wonderful place. I'll have to make a day's drive and go check it out. Is it in a busy beach area? Like lots of shops ect as well?
AlmostThere

Postby carold » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Why didn't we have one of these when I was out there last year-guess it's cause I turned east on the border of Oregon and Washington :lol: I did discuss it with Marda, and then we didn't get that far north. Hope it all works out. Have no idea what we're doing after getting back from Holland (I hope). These jello plans can be good and bad. carold
carold

Postby WickedLady » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 am

Westport is a small town. Used to be a commercial fishing hot spot. Now it is known more for surfing, whale watching and buying fresh crabs. Pretty quite place most of the time unless the pirates are in :D
WickedLady

Postby OregonMs » Mon May 10, 2010 9:44 am

Just wanted to say hi. I'm from the PacNW, I'd love to meet you but it looks like I'll be in Florida in July. I know, perfect weather here, hot in Florida, seems like I do that to myself every year. Anyway, have fun and I'd love to meet you another time.
OregonMs

Previous

Return to Get Togethers