PA GTG

Let's get together!

Re: PA GTG

Postby Barbzeee » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:01 am

Jenny and Echo... hey a down pour would have felt terrific...I mean to tell you .it was so humid..you could cut the air... and today being our last day...now that sucks LOL yeah cause you know you just getting that real cozy feeling.. and just can't wait to talk some more...Now I ask ya.. ...anyone ever think we could get talked out...LOL

This morning as I sit here and look out.no oneis stirring not even a mouse.. LOL well just my mouse I'm using...

We'll have a breakfast and then slowly start to break camp.. Uh oh... I know Ernie is gonna be in High Gear ..I can just sense those vibes..LOL Lori...you is sure one heck of a Woman..cause you can put that man in line LOL Were ya a Sargent ??? cause if not.. you should have made General... LOL and you know what I mean...you did good .. .hahahaha

I sure enjoy this and can't wait to hear of more coming our way... and I know you all have been getting that Texas one going......

Ok..I need several cups of coffee and can't drink while typing..well I could if'n I sip it through a straw Yucko !

Catch ya later on.....

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Paulette » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:02 pm

Okay everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I made it home and I promise to post pictures as soon as I can. It was a terrific weekend. Good times, good folks, good food, what more can ya ask for?
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Paulette » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Are ya ready for some more pictures? Here we go...

Our buggy, with Dan and Jim (the horses).

Note who got to drive the buggy...our designated driver was Ben.

An Amish Farmhouse.

Some Amish folks in their authentic Amish buggy passing behind us.

Lori's statement for the day! :lol:
Sharon cooking breakfast for us on Saturday morning! (Sorry it's blurry)

Our breakfast, before we sat down to eat.

Sharon (Sprinter)'s rig.

Smorgasborg on the Hill!!!!

BTW, when I typed in Smorgasborg here, it underlines it, so I used spell checker and their suggestions were...Orgasm...ing...ic...ed...s!!! LOL

Proof we went in...the welcome sign.

Three -d art in the restaurant. Wish I could have gotten a better angle on it!

Odd shaped house, probably not Amish.

Lori and Belle...(See Belle's intro)

Barb and Ernie have a pre-breakfast discussion.

Ladies, all I can say is if you get the opportunity to attend a GTG, do so. It is a wonderful experience. These pictures don't tell but part of the story.
Sharon, Gayle, Barb, Lori and Ernie, it was a pleasure to meet you and I thank you for your assistance in hooking up the towed this morning. I think I pulled it the whole way home with the emergency brake on :o

It's always something with me! :roll:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Paulette......we followed you awhile coming out of Lancaster and didn't notice any smoke, black marks on the road, no smells....so Ernie thinks you're fine, but suggests that if you are worried to have a mechanic check it out for you.....

Love the pictures!!!!!!!

We made it home safe and sound....still HOT, but the rain is a coming.....yeah.... :D

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Well gals, I just got back from my "close to home" (12 miles from home) camping weekend,... I thought of you all. it looks like you had a wonderful time. Guess that hot and humid weather was yours as well as mine.

Great to see the smiling faces,.... and Ernie,.. what a great guy to join the fun!
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Another GTG photo for you to enjoy!!!
Last night we were on the chat room.....Sharon(Sprinter), Paulette, and me.....3 laptops on the picnic table in front of my 5er....this is for the chat room crew...lol

Enjoy!!!

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:16 pm

wow, how neat! I can hardly wait until I can enjoy going to one of those
gtg. Maybe next year.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Barbzeee » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:57 pm

Ok I got home.. and like you Paulette.. I had some what of a little close call... on the Pa Turnpike.. it was in the area of Fort Washington.. construction... and very narrowing of the road.. Trucker came to close to me and dang near forced me off the road.. I had a truck behind me too.. and I held the wheel and as I came closer to the underpass there was a sign there .. it tipped my Mirror... You know I was saying my prays as I couldn't hit my brakes or we would have had a major accident... but I did say this.. " Lord I hope you ain't a calling me cause if you are I know I'm going straight to hell .." You all can understand why... there wasn't a kind thought or word I had for that Trucker..!!! only a scratch on a mirror, no big thing... but I done lost it with how crazy these truckers are getting lately..

Ok.. now on with the GTG... It was really awesome.. we all laughed and ate..( now look because I wear a tent dress don't mean I have to fill it.. LOL Now about last night I wasn't gonna tell...but I have to cause when I talked with the girls this morning I let them know what I saw.. LOL it was like flying saucers over at Lori's rig.. I mean to tell you .. there in the heat of the night.. they sat at that table with Lap tops open and glowing ... I looked up and thought my gawd.. we've been invaded.. holy chit !! then I started laughing.. thought oh boy... am I gonna tell... LOL

When it's so hot and humid and you sit on a picnic bench that grabs your butt cheeks and the sweat drips off your body and you is there talking to one another through a computer...but you are right across the table from each other and giggling ..ya know you is dang hooked... and Ernie... well the Sarg put him to rest hahahaha...joking or am I ...

It truly was really great just wished it had been longer... and of course for me I hung in there.. Heat doesn't do well on me and you all know because of my heart problems.. there were times I thought ya know.. my rig is really big inside why don't we just go and sit in the sub zero room LOL

Lori and Ernie...great people.. Gayle neat too and what a hoot to listen ..she talks like Ted Kennedy LOL Sharon.. you are so gracious and caring.. and boy does she put away those carbs and sweets.. I betcha while I watched her I gained 10 lbs.. LOL aaah Paulette...... you say those neat little one liners and oh so softly.. well polished LOL but really neat and fun to be around...

Oh.. and get this... The crittes all liked my doggie treats...See girls I told ya...I know what them pups like !! Speaking of which mine were really upset with me.. even nibbled at me... Zeke stepped on my foot.. like I needed another pain LOL So out came the box of cookies... now they are happy !!!

Ok.. all... I'm parked unloaded.. Mintue Man did his thing and I'm gonna take another shower.. and put me legs up

God Bless and Catch ya for a cup of coffee come morning !

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:40 pm

More photos from Sharon (Sprinter).....
Where Sharon, Paulette, and Gayle had dinner Saturday.
Paulette and Gayle in front of Shade Maple...
The girls this morning after breakfast...
And the "Group" photo.....
Sharon had a tripod and timer on her camera....it turned out wonderful!

Hope you all enjoyed the photos and as you can see "A Good Time Was Had By ALL!"

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:10 pm

GREAT pictures, as all the others have been. I'm so envious of you. Shady Maple is about 15 miles from where I workamped last year. Their grocery store was also one of my favs - I actually went there often - only did the smorgasboard a couple times - I can't eat enough LOLOL - it's the biggest one I've ever seen. With good food, to boot.

I'm so glad everyone had such a good time - but how could it be otherwise with all wonderful people? I haven't met a couple of the ladies, but I have Sharon, Lori and Zeee (and Ernie, of course) so I know just what hospitality was there.

Oh, and I do know how many sweets Sharon can eat. I think I can keep pace with her - but not sure I could on a daily basis :) (Just teasing, Sharon!)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 am

What a great gtg! Wish I could have been there, maybe next year. The great thing about this forum is that you feel like you know everyone even if you haven't met, if that makes sense. Loved the pictures. Hey, liked the flamingo bandana in the middle of the table! You gals and Ernie looked like you were having a blast. Love the daily updates.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Paulette » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:19 am

That picture was especially for you Sunshinecruiser! Wish you could have been there too.
Paulette

Previous

Return to Get Togethers