Mini GTG Kerrville Texas

Let's get together!

Mini GTG Kerrville Texas

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Okay, I FINALLY got pictures downloaded into my new computer (grrrrr) and onto Photobucket. I find the older I get the longer it takes me to learn something new and Windows 7 handles pictures just different enough from XP that I've been having a learning curve (and a lot of swearing).

Diane and Janet left this morning just before it started raining - talk about good timing. They both got here Friday and the three of us had Mexican for dinner Friday night.

Saturday we three went to the Cowboy Museum and then took a drive in the back country to see some Fall color. We were trying, using my GPS to get to Lost Maples State Park. I'll let Diane tell that story.

We did see some beautiful color on the drive and a neat looking old building - I love old falling down buildings and cemetaries. We stopped in Medina and ate our picnic lunch at the Apple Store where I bought an apple, pumpkin, pecan loaf bread. Shame on me. We finally found Lost Maple (in spite of my GPS) and ended up not going thru because it would have cost us $6.00 each just to drive thru so back to Kerrville.

Around 5pm Sharon and my friend Carole showed up and I presented Janet with her offcial Flamingo wineglass. We grilled some hotdogs and sat around with a glass of wine yakking until dark. As usual for this party hardy group, we were all home and in bed by 9:30..

Carole, Sharon, Diane and Janet

Carole, Diane, Janet and me

As usual the time together was too short but we had fun. Have decided to caravan with Diane to the Florida GTG in January.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Mini GTG Kerrville Texas

Postby WickedLady » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Looks like you had a great time. I am so envious of you gals that can get together like that. 'Sigh' Someday.
WickedLady

Postby avalen » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:17 pm

another good time had by all, feels good to have a gtg :D
and the pictures were lovely, gonna do a puzzle out of that old shed picture.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby VickieP » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks for posting the pics of yalls gtg, I like "seeing" people other than their avatar. I'm glad yall had fun!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Yeh...sounds like more for Florida!!! Thanks for posting pic to all of us out here addicted to finding out what this country looks like along with pictures of Sis'tahs having fun! It feed our dreams......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Sprinter » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:29 am

It's always so fun to gtg :) It was so nice getting to meet Diane and Janet and see Karen and Carol again :) And that apple, pumpkin, pecan loaf bread...it was to die for! lol

Thanks Karen for another great time :)

Love,
Sharon
Image Image Image
Sprinter

Postby OutandAbout » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:21 pm

You gals sure look like you had a lot of fun. Karen, I love the official presentation "outfit" for the wine glasses, it really adds to the ceremony. Janet, glad you finally made a gtg, you're not a "virgin" anymore. Safe travels home all. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby mtngal » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:28 pm

We had a great adventure on Saturday....Karen, with her trusty (?) gps, drove the get-away car.....Janet rode shotgun and I did my best to keep my sense of direction as we drove in circles trying to get out of Kerrville, but first, we visited the Western Museum.

The museum is located on a quiet hill overlooking Kerrville, it's worth a visit! Next stop....Lost Maples State Park....

Oops! Not so fast! After a lovely drive along the backroads of the Hill Country.....

A sign just before the "dead end" had warned us that the 'pavement ends', THAT one didn't slow Karen down, it took the 'Dead End' AND 'No Trespassing" to convince her IT WAS time to turn around and retract our route to the last major intersection.

Heading back we got great shots of the cypress trees along the Medina River. (See Karen's post). These beautiful leaves were floating up against the ford (btw, no bridges in this part of the country!)

Finally Vanderpol and a quick stop for our picnic lunch at the local apple place AND the closest we got to seeing the maples...

Don't get me wrong...it was a really fun adventure!

We got home in time for a walk along the river just before sunset. A yummy BBQ, a glass of wine and a campfire ended the perfect day!

Diana
mtngal

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Really nice pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Sure sounds like you guys had a ball!

mitch5252

Postby Liz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Looks like a grand adventure...enjoyed the pictures.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:02 am

It all sounded like a great adventure and you've got allot of wonderful memories to look back on. Thanks for taking us along, loved all the pictures!
AlmostThere

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:55 am

EXCELLENT pics!! Thanks so much for sharing.

I especially LOVE the picture of the big tree by the water. And, of course, the ones of all those beautiful ladies with flamingo glasses!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby JanetA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Yahoo! ! ! ! we made it! ! ! !

( MAN!!!!!!I need to go on a diet! ! ! )

I know, Karen,, throw out the donuts,, etc! ! ! :lol:

thanks for posting pics, girls... My dang batteries in my camera died before I could take any pics! ! ! But the other gals got good pics anyway,, probably better than I coulda! ;) thanks Karen and Diane!

Karen, I bought some batteries! aren't you proud of me! And mama got glad again!

What a great life you gals have! ! ! ! I can't wait! ! !(but guess will have to!)
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby carold » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 pm

As usual, with all the GTG's no matter how big or small, a good time is had by all. AND, it looks like you all behaved yourselves-we didn't have to come up with any bail money :lol:
carold

Return to Get Togethers