JAN 2010 FL GTG

Let's get together!

Re: JAN 2010 FL GTG

Postby Echo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 am

Yep it was cold! Down to 20f last night. Kelly slept in the cabin and I slept in the Blazer with my Shade puppy. Was pretty dang comfortable too! Was gonna park in our campsite then said the heck with that and parked right in front of the cabin to sleep. Woke up at 7:05, should have seen me fighting to get my pants, sneakers and sweat shirt on this morning and let Shade out to go P. By the time Shade got done it took all I had to not P my pants trying to get to the nice warm bathroom in the cabin. WHEW! Made it just in time!!!!!

This has been a super good time for everyone! I am so glad that Kelly and I were able to make it.

TINA!!!!!!
Chicken hunting for lunch as we walked towards the Marjorie Rawlings Homestead....Chickens were for Echo's benefit.
AAAACK! Nasty 'Ka Ka' chickens!!!!

Can't hardly wait for the next GTG that we can get to!!! It was such a pleasure to meet so many of the Sistahs!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 am

Ditto what Cedar said!! :D
AlmostThere

Postby OutandAbout » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 pm

It really looks like you all had a great time. What troopers you all are. Just to think that now that the GTG is over, the weather will warm up. :twisted: :twisted: Liz, I'm glad you are thinking of another GTG, one I will try and make. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Great stuff, all!!!! Glad you all enjoyed the experience, dispite the chilly weather..... ;) Safe travels to all!!!
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Monday here. It was Remi and Izzy's turn to take the long walk this morning.......

Remi also thought that he should take a picture of the campground sites.....in this one you can see Carol's rig on the right....where there was another round of playing "Hand and Foot" card game this afternoon ....you can see Karen's rig through the trees in the middle and Tina's Rig on the left. Nice neighbors all around. :)

Herschel has temporarily adopted another "lost" child......appears to be a great fan of the VOLS I believe :lol: ...His ears were getting a little cold anyway! :) :) I am sure Orange Thing will eventually make it home.......

This evening and dinner was spent (after the game!) around the last campfire back at Liz's site....Carol, Sarah, Liz, Karen, her friend Carol, Kathleen, Nan and I.....it was chilly but the fire was warm and the laughter real! Carol, Sarah, Liz and I are planning to make the drive down to the big RV show in Tampa on Wednesday.... We have all been inspired by meeting the gadget ladies....Nan and Karen :) :) Those vendor better watch out :roll: .....as long as we have enough gas money to drive home.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby VickieP » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Poor Herschel looks like a little old lady, LOL. It's a good thing he's a good sport and likes to play dress up!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby sharon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:09 pm

There she goes again hanging stuff on poor Herschel! It's a wonder that poor fur baby can walk! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby dcricket » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 am

Hersherl is such a good sport isn't he...LOL...the look on his face says it all :oops: :D
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Liz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:07 am

Some more pictures of the Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings house:
The porch where she wrote. Her 1st husband built the table using a stump as the base….forget if it was a saw palmetto or cypress. Her 2nd husband donated the original furnishings to the state. Typewriter has a duplicate of one of her drafts.

Her library.

Her firewood/firewater closet.

Backside of house

Our group

It’s not over ‘til it’s over. Last night the fire was still blazing.

And we all huddled around it and ate omelets and S’mores

Hershel says it’s not over.

Remi the lap dog and Sarah say it’s not over….stay tuned
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby wickedxgrl » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Hey, y'all! I just wanted to poke my head in and leave a few lines myself. Really wanted to thank you all. Mom and I had a most excellent time. The camaraderie was wonderful, the food was most delicious. Meeting you all and getting to know you was just great! It was really good seeing Carolyn. MissBhavin, Lotus and Fernie were sorely missed. Disappointed at not getting a chance to see Zeee but her absence was totally understandable. There's always next time!

Despite my being the youngest I never felt left out of any of the conversations and I deeply appreciate that. We felt warmly welcomed and we're so glad we could make it! It was awesome that I got to stay in the cabin with Sarah, it was the icing on the cake. Was grateful for the warm bathroom and hot shower. And of course I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with Sarah, very nice lady! Thank you all again! Hugs to all! :P

~Wicked
~Wicked Grl~
Dreamin of the day...
A gypsy with no wagon...
Co-horts: Echo the Mom n Shade the furry brat
wickedxgrl

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:48 pm

oh what a great time we all had... I am back in McIntosh now... recovering from fun...
Kathleen
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Herschel has temporarily adopted another "lost" child......appears to be a great fan of the VOLS I believe ...His ears were getting a little cold anyway! I am sure Orange Thing will eventually make it home.......

What a hoot!! I guess you could tell that Herschel rescued my Orange Thing and it sure looks better on him than me. I know he will have a hard time giving it up when I see you one day. No hurry because it's gonna warm up after tonight.

Hope you ladies have a great time at the RV Show. Sure wish I could have gone. Find some good gadgets and share w/pictures.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Gentleladybear » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 pm

This was a great gathering. thank you Liz for all your hard work and planning. It was great meeting everyone. Thought I would catch everyone before I left today, but ya'll were apparently off on a trail exploring. Only trouble with having gadgets is you have to pack them up.

Hope ya'll have a great time at the RV Show, but you must post pictures if you find any great new gadgets.

Again thank you for the great time, happy trails and hope to see you each again along the roads.

Bear wants, Herschel, Roe, and all the rest of the furry group that to know he really did enjoy meeting them.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 pm

It was a great gathering. Thanks to Liz for being such a great host. We all need T-shirts that say; " We survived the Florida Freeze".
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Gentleladybear » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Okay so send me some tee shirt sizes and tell me what color. Maybe we can whip some up. My mind is designing away.
Nan
Gentleladybear

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers