Quartzite GTG

Let's get together!

Quartzite GTG

Postby sharon » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:16 pm

There were a couple of gals that generated some interest in a Quartzite GTG in January and asked me to get the info on the CG that we stayed at last year. It's right across the street from the big tent and most of the shopping. Finally remembered to ask Evie what it was. I'm planning on being there and Evie will be there with her Good Sam group. She wasn't sure what dates she'll be there, but the show is Jan 15-24th. I can't be there until the 20th because of a previous engagement 15-18th. I could possibly be there on the 19th. The CG has full H-U's, I believe 30-50A power if I remember correctly, but I do remember the power was good. Sheila camps out on BLM land and I believe will also be there along with Jenny who's there with her Boomer group every year. For those of you that have Blue Ox tow bars, they are there and for
$20 will go completely thru your tow bar and re-condition it. What a deal! Includes all parts, too! I think I'm going to call and make my reservation as the BF wants to go this year whether we have a GTG or not. Last year they didn't require a deposit so if you THINK you might want to come, you should call and get a spot. They weren't full last year, but word has gotten out about them and they might fill up this year with gas prices down.

http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/rvshow.htm

Rice Ranch
928-927-8118
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Re: Quartzite GTG

Postby Getupngo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:39 pm

I'd be up for that ...
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby sharon » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:58 pm

OK, as usual plans are set in jello and this is no exception!! :lol: Talked to the BF and he wants to go but suggested that since we were going to be out at Superstition Mountain jeeping anyway we could just go from there and save ourselves 150 miles. Sooooo, I called Rice Ranch to make reservations for the 18th, 19th and 20th and talked to a nice older lady that told me they weren't taking reservations until the middle of Oct....which means I've got to remember to call them at that time. She also gave me a different phone number to use. So as of now, that's the plan. In jello. Here's the phone number:

928-927-4782 Talk to Doloras

She also told me that there was a map of their CG on their web site so I could pick out the spot I wanted.....there's not. BF wants a pull-thru as we're bringing his trailer and frankly, he's not as good a backer upper as I am. We usually end up getting in an argument. Not good. He's an Italian and a Leo....need I say more????? :mrgreen:

Maybe by then we'll have a better count of how many might want to go.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Getupngo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:25 pm

What time frame are you looking at?
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby sharon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Janice, arriving Monday Jan 18th, leaving Thurs Jan 21st.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby snowball » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:45 pm

what I did last year was come in for what ever on a daily basis and one night we all gathered at our place for supper and a campfire.. at the campground you can't have fires unless they are in a contained campfire thing...keep that in mind and would love to have every one out for a meal we did Navajo taco's but we can do what ever
sheila
snowball

Postby sharon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Sheila, are you trying to get out of making Indian Tacos in January???? :mrgreen: Surely not! They were soooo good this year! Couldn't have done better myself and I've made enough fry bread in my lifetime to sink a ship! And yes, we had a great campfire at your place. The BF will have his portable campfire thingy with him and plenty of wood, so we'll be able to have a fire every nite we're there. Someone will have to volunteer to bring the stuff for those girlscout graham cracker chocolate marshmallow thingys....name just left my head. CRS is strong when I'm tired. And when I'm not. :lol:

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:35 pm

I just HAVE to know - what is an Indian (Navajo) taco??????

mitch5252

Postby snowball » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:18 pm

we call them scones others call them fry bread covered with chili topped with all the makings of taco's lettuce cheese onions tomatoes sour creme ect... why they are called that I don't know
Janice tell me the Navajo taco place on what ever south hasn't closed down??? drove past it the last time I was in SLC and it looked like it :(
and you are thinking of S'mores Sharon so yummy have you had banana boats?
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:20 pm

and to ask your question Sharon no I'm not trying to get out of making it just don't want to assume that is what everyone else would want.... it is so why easy I made chile and scones the rest brought the other stuff and we had a really nice time
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:37 pm

ok, now I gotta ask....whats banana boats? obviously a banana, how'm I doin so far? :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby cat » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi sharon,
thanks for the information, will try to remember to make my reservations when I return to NV. Right now I'm in Bakersfield headed to Salinas, where I was born and raised. Drove CA58 today, for what it is worth, stay off that highway. Very, very, very windy and it is constant. Since my B is high profile, the wind really tossed me around. Although, my B wasn't the only vehicle being buffeted by the wind.
cat

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Ava take a banana take just a wee bit of the skin off slit the banana length wise and stuff with mini marshmellows and choc chips close up and wrap with foil and toss into the coals heat for a bit till you think the chips are melted and mellows are melted take out and enjoy
sheila
snowball

Postby sharon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:04 pm

Made my reservations in Q for Monday Jan 18th-20th, leaving on Thurs Jan 21st. Again, the phone number is:

928-927-4782 Talk to Doloras

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby snowball » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm

looking forward to seeing you then Sharon....have you seen or heard of Donna recently?
sheila
snowball

Next

Return to Get Togethers