Sept GTG is ON

Let's get together!

Re: Sept GTG is ON

Postby Paulette » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:43 am

My mouth really isn't that big! LOL

I promise I will find a more better picture of my face to post in my avatar. And I will upload my pictures and post them as soon as I can. Tonight is Girl Scouts, so it will probably be tomorrow night before I can sit down and get them downloaded and uploaded.

Shirl, I hope you made it home okay. Was glad to see that Tina, Peggy and Lori and Ernie had a good day at Gettysburg.

It was an excellent GTG and all the peoples were so nice...folks, if you ever get the chance...go to a gtg. You won't regret it for a moment. (On edit, well, maybe the TN GTG. Nah, probably will be "unforgettable"! ;) )
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby kelpie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 am

Sounds like I missed another good time Congrats to Ernie - maybe he can make me some chili when I see you guys again in savannah. lol Seriously though, I really want to see you again and I really want to see Savannah, it's been on my bucket list for years. Current winter plan, subject to change, of course, is pacxk to Port A for about a month and then instead of heading west, I want to travel east along the gulf of Mexico, thru LA, Mississipi, Alabama and the panhandle of FL before heading up to Savannah and then up the coast stopping at Myrtle Beach and the Outer Banks.
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:43 pm

:roll: :roll: Well, I've been trying to post photos from Sunday evening's Pot Luck, the gang around the campfire, Ferryboat ride, and general stuff, but as I'm back in the woods and the signal on the air card with antenna is giving me the fits, I can't seem to get Photobucket to completely download so I can upload... :roll: I also have a few fun photos from our visit to Gettysburg with Peggy & Tina....but, alas, we'll have to wait for things to cooperate.... :shock: So, hopefully, others, (Paulette, Shirl, Tina, and Peggy) will post their photos so you can enjoy our last day of the GTG and the afternoon in Gettysburg yesterday...

Peggy and Tina left here this morning on their way home....We had a grand time taking them here and there on the Battlefield in Gettysburg. Tina's fur-babies got to swim in the pond and the creek yesterday, so they are happy puppies until the next body of water... ;)

We had a great weekend and will repeat Paulette's statement, if you've never been to a GTG, please get to one soon....you'll have such a grand time...and meeting everyone in person is so much fun....

Hope everyone gets home safely...and I'll keep trying to post those pictures.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Paulette » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Kellie, we missed you too! Your winter plans sound wonderful! Maybe we can gtg in the spring before you make that final leg of the journey home.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Shirlv » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:25 pm

Paulette, I had an uneventful trip home. it took about 3 1/2 hrs. Cut the grass and called it a day. It was another great gtg spent building memories. Looking forward to next year.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

All righty....am going to try finishing up my photos of the PA GTG....Hope you enjoy them...

Sunday morning started with a nice campfire built by our "Sultan" Ernie...we sure did need it cause the daybreak temp. was 42F...
Here we have Tina checking out the pancakes, scrambled eggs, juices, biscuts and gravy...etc...and of course Coffee!!
Then after breakfast we did a little rig hopping...
Tina' house on wheels.
and here's Peggy's and Shirl's...
Then it was off for the Ferryboat ride across the Susquahanna River to Millersburg, PA..
This is Ray and Donna waiting for the ferrboat...
We walked around taking in the sights...and found this "New Orleans type" hidden garden..
I know there are other photos as everyone was taking them...so we'll carry on....
Marilyn rented a golf cart for us all to share...here we have Tina and a couple of her fur-babies catching a ride from a long walk..
After a couple of hours of chating and laughing...we set up the pot luck dinner and dug in.... :lol:
After all that wonderful food...we got the chairs and gathered around our last great Campfire...
Pam (Buttons on the forum), Margie, Marilyn, Steve, and Gail
Steve, Gail, Shirl, and Tina
Ernie and Ray
After some more "smores" and just roasted marshmallows...and a couple of bottles of wine.. ;) we all headed back to our rigs for a good night sleep...
Petula said "Good night" as we walked by...

I do have other photos to share, but having upload issues here back in the woods.. :roll: ....hope you enjoy what I can post....

To all those who attended the PA GTG, thank you so much for helping make it a great success....and we will do it again.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:11 pm

GREAT pictures! Thanks for taking the time to share.
What a successful GTG you all had!

mitch5252

Postby Paulette » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Okay, it looks like we left off with the Sultan winning the chilli cookoff...well, coming in third place!

The next morning we had a breakfast pot luck, (or boo fay as Mitch would say).

We left Ernie to tend the fire while we got ready for our Ferry Ride.

The beautiful Susquehanna River.

Ah, here comes our Ferry.

After we had boarded, a little pushoff was needed by the 1st Mate.

Our destination in the distance. It took about 20 minutes or so to make it to the other side.

What a view.

The ferry's paddle.

And some vehicles on board.

The ship's wheel.

The town square in Millersburg.

The Millersburger Motel.

Another old building.

And another.

The old Train Station.

The Ferry Landing on the Millersburg side of the river.

And on the Liverpool side.

Sunday evening we had a pot luck dinner (boo fay).

And our final campfire.

Monday morning we packed up and started heading out. Here's Lori and Ernie...

Followed by Peggy...

And Tina.

Hope you all enjoyed...next time join us!
Last edited by Paulette on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulette

Postby Paulette » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Oh, I have to tell you all that while Lori may call Petunia a flamingo, Ernie lovingly refers to her as a penguin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paulette

Postby VickieP » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Looks like you ladies had a good time and lots to eat, should have made us a doggie bag, we're gonna have to eat Mitch's road kill! Thanks for taking the time to post all yall's pics for us!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:54 pm

mitch5252

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:32 am

Great pics.... thanks everyone! Looks like an interesting little ferry!
Cedar518

Postby PeggyinCT » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Hello Everybody,

Had an easy ride back to Connecticut. long, but no problems. Thank you Lori and Ernie for making my first GTG so much fun. I want to do it again! I loved the way everybody pitched in and made food appear magically, and the campfires were awesome, thanks to Ray.

It was a pleasure to meet Paulette, Tina, and Shirley and now I can put faces with the postings. GTGs are great fun!
PeggyinCT

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks to all for sharing it with us who couldn't be there. Next year I will be there, with bells on!!!! I LOVE GTGs!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 pm

We made it back to Ohio this evening, stayed overnight in WV to break up the miles. I had some pictures to post but will have to go back and check them because they are duplicates of the ones already posted...... The river was beautiful! I had a wonderful time, really enjoyed meeting everyone and of course loved the swapped stories and shared information. It was my first GTG and first real campfire!!!!! Definitely will not be my last...... Have some pictures of the Gettysburg Tour but am too tired tonight to play through Photobucket. Thanks Lori and the Sultan :) Would write more but my eyes are closing.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers