Sept GTG is ON

Let's get together!

Sept GTG is ON

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:36 am

We ARE here! ....and we can officially begin b/c Lori and the Sultan have arrived..... They brought the sunshine with them...
Before they arrived it was a bit cloudy over the river.

But Stuart still wanted to swim in the water.

Shirlv brought breakfast treats...notice the beautiful new, water proof roof on that Maverick?

Shirlv and Marilyn and Donna all approve of the treats.....but the Olive and Butter tasted, well like butter!

Herschel and Remi were very glad that the sun came out and the lady got off the 'puter and took them for a walk.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Sept GTG is ON

Postby VickieP » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:47 am

Looks like yall are off to a great start! Good weather, good friends, good water, good food, good laughter and good pics! :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Lookin' great! Keep those pictures coming! :D For those of us not there can you identify who's who by both their username here and their real first name? Thanks a bunch!
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Great pictures...looks like a fun time coming on. Wish I was there.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Really? :? I was proud that I remembered their real names... :roll: :lol:

We are all here and plans are being laid for tomorrow......

Down by the river side.... or is it creek side....the pups and I went hiking to find a good swimming hole.

More quiet river....the splashing dogs are the other direction....

Presentation of the official glass for the 2009 Sept 2009 GTG. Thank you Lori /RV Grammy pictured with PeggyinCT

Some people hanging around cooking hot dogs.....Oh, the names you said :) .....Marilyn, Lori and Paulette

Shirlv and the Sultan of RVgrammy fame

"Ma, that puppy Izzy is bothering me again!" says Remi (as Remi jumps over Herschel for the tenth time.)
BirdbyBird

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Okay, my post is Titled: " The Sultan and His RV Women......
The Sultan and His #1 RV Woman
The Sultan and his PLCB/new RV Women (Marilyn and Donna)
Himself and Paulette
PeggyCT with the Sultan
Shirl with the Sultan
Tina and the Sultan
And last but not least...the gang with Petula and their flamingo glasses...

Having a great time....more photos and tales to come.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby VickieP » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Great pics, ladies! Looks like everyone is having a good time. I can't wait for my first gtg! Keep the pics coming, it's great seeing that people have more than just a pretty avatar face, LOL.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:28 am

Love the pics! Wish I could have made the trip but working two jobs and lack of $$ prevail! :lol: OK,... still don't have usernames for Marilyn and Donna,... help me put those great smiles with their posts here on the forum!

Keep the pics coming,... we're all loving it!
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:06 am

:lol: Cedar, Marilyn and Donna are friends of ours whom we have invited to join us this weekend...we usually camp at Ferryboat with them this time of year...have been trying to get them to join the forum, so figured this was a good introducing outing for them.... ;) Hence, no usersnames, yet....Donna is the better half to Ray and Marilyn is a retired single lady....we've been working on them.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby sharon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:53 am

Awesome pictures and looks like everyone has a huge grin so guess this is gonna be another winner GTG! Keep 'em comin'!!!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 am

Oh, what fun!! Like Vicki said, it's nice to put entire bodies to avatar pics! Well, she sort of said that. ;) :lol:
Looking forward to more pics!
AlmostThere

Postby OutandAbout » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Looks like the makings for a great GTG. The Sultan also looks like he is enjoying himself with his RV harem. It's good to be the Sultan! :D Thanks for the pictures. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:19 pm

rvgrammy1953 wrote::lol: Cedar, Marilyn and Donna are friends of ours whom we have invited to join us this weekend...r...have been trying to get them to join the forum, so figured this was a good introducing outing for them.... ;) Hence, no usersnames, yet....

AHAH! That's great.... so have they agreed to join yet? We don't bite, we're just NOSEY! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Been playing and not picture taking! Lots of chilli tasting and campfire sitting complete with s'mores..... Someone else will have to tell of the winery....I was dog walking... :) Having fun!
BirdbyBird

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Well, we had a full, but easy day....everyone did their own thing for breakfast, but we met around the campfire at Ray & Donna's rig a little before noon to plan our day...
Around Noon, Paulette, Shirl, Peggy, Ernie & I took off for the Winery.....beautiful day...and beautiful scenery....
Checked out the vines...
Then on to the Winery's pavillion and wine & gift shop...
Paulette, Ernie, and Shirl bought some wine....
And Peggy bought an orange watermelon for lunch...
Then we headed back to the campground so Ernie could get busy doing his chili for the chili cook off...We had a snacking lunch of crackers, cheeses, pepperoni, and Peggy's watermelon...then we did rig hopping....we all have such good tastes in our homes on wheels.... ;) After that some did some walking of fur-kids and others just sat around chatting...oh, let me show you the fur-kids.... :lol:
Here's Paulette's Fred and Bailey..
Then, Marilyn's Boss and Cole...
Boss
Cole
Then Tina's Hershel
And her other fur-kids...with Hershel
Then we sat chatting a little more...here's Donna's DH, Ray...I missed posting a photo of him yesterday....
Then it was time for Ernie to take his chili to the rec. room for tasting and judging...we all went tasted about 12 different chilies...some good, some not so good...but in the end, Ernie took 3rd place and won $26....yeah!!!'
After much celebrating... ;) :lol: we headed back to our group area and had a dinner of more chili, Paulette's cornbread muffins, and more smores over the campfire....It's chilly here tonight, so we all packed it in around 9pm...

Tomorrow is our pot luck breakfast, the ferryboat ride across the river, and our pot luck dinner...and who knows what else...

Enjoy the photos all....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Next

Return to Get Togethers