SEPT. GTG Itenerary and More Info!!

Let's get together!

SEPT. GTG Itenerary and More Info!!

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi, All!!! :D

Well, this past weekend, with Ernie's help and the help of our friends who are also coming to the GTG, I finally got us an Itenerary for the Sept. GTG at Ferryboat...Now, as we say here, plans are made in "Jello", so you are free to participate in all or none of the activities that are listed....I also would ask that if you haven't made your reservation and plan to join us, please do on or before Sept. 11th, as my CC is holding the remaining sites that have NOT been taken for our group (I believe there are 4 or 5 sites left of the 15 I blocked off for us.) and they told me after that date my card would be charged for any un-used sites left...Now this doesn't mean that you can't call and make your reservation after Sept. 11th, it just means you may not be in the same area of the campground....If that is the case, they will try to get you as close as they can.... ;) Okay, that's it on the business end of this...Now to the "Plans".... :lol:

PA GTG at Ferryboat Campsites Campground, Sept. 18-21, 2009 Itenerary

Fri. Sept. 18 - Arrival at Ferryboat
Check-in and set up in your site.
Campfire/Wiener roast with Smores (Our way of an Ice Breaker) Being the "Nosey People" that we are, a little "Rig Hopping" too... :lol: :lol:

Sat. Sept. 19
Grab your Coffee for the Morning Campfire - Breakfast on your own.

The "Sultan of RV Women"( aka: Ernie ) and his helpers, will be cooking up his famous Chili for the "Ferryboat Chili Cook Off" representing us for it. (It keeps him out of trouble..... :lol: :lol: ) You are invited to also taste Chili from other campers in the campground and vote on your favorite...

Activities Avalible

Kayaking on the Susquehanna River (at your leasure)
Ferryboat ride across to Millersburg, PA (let me know if you would like to do this as a group.)
Wine tasting or tour of the 2 local wineries (please let me know if you are interested for this on Friday night so trans. can be arranged.)
Mini-golf ( at your leasure)
Ladder Ball (at your leasure)
Campground Strolling (at your leasure)

Lunch on your own.

Supper (Dinner) Ernie's Chili - donations of bread or crackers appreciated....

Evening/Night Campfire....

Sunday Sept. 20

Group Breakfast - this is like a Pot Luck, so bring your favorite breakfast food to share.

Ferryboat has church services at 10am for those who wish to attend.

Activities (all at your leasure)

Kayaking
Ferryboat Ride
Mini-golf
Ladder Ball
Campground Strolling
Or just sit and visit at the campfire.

Pot Luck Dinner

Evening/Night Campfire

Monday - Sept. 21 Happy Trails -Departure Day

Coffee and Chat at the Morning Campfire before we all go our separate ways...

Don't forget that Ferryboat has golf carts for rent. Good idea to reserve them when you make your reservations cause they go fast.

I hope this all meets with your approval and if anyone has more ideas or suggestions or questions, please PM me or Paulette.

Until then, safe travels and see you at Ferryboat!! :D
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: SEPT. GTG Itenerary and More Info!!

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm drooling to be there, but will be working my two usual fall jobs so no-can-do. Have a wonderful time,.. and of course,.. post pics!!!! :D
Cedar518

Postby Shirlv » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Lori, sounds great, can't wait.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby kelpie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:08 pm

Lori,
This all sounds wonderful and I was looking forward to seeing you and Ernie and Paulette again but I am afraid I have to cancel. I have been offered a fantastic deal on a trip to Disney World in december - friends of mine have a son employed there - and i just can't affor to do both. I had been thinking about Disney for some time, especially after your account of your family's trip there. It's not really a place I wanted to do by myself so I had to take this offer while I can. Not an RV trip, but I know I'll have a great time. I really hope to hook up with you guys in savannah next year - maybe late Feb or early March. I'll keep checking here and keep in touch.
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby dcricket » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 am

WOW sounds like you all are going to have so much fun.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Paulette » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:51 am

Lori, you done good! Everything sounds wonderful!

Kellie, we are going to miss you but hey, I'd take the Disney with family any day over a gtg with us! :lol: You go and enjoy and take pictures and post!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Shirlv » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Lori, I was so excited reading activities it just now registered. I am interested in the wine tasting and the ferry boat ride. I checked on the rv today, needs laminate on the front cabover, the entertainment center is back in place on the inside. Almost there.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Shirlv..............I'm excited that you are excited... :D Glad to hear the rv repairs are almost finished.....will mark you down for the wine tour/tasting and the ferryboat ride... ;)

Kellie, I don't blame you for opting out for the trip to "Mickey's House"....we'll miss you....but will look forward to getting together sometime this winter....

Paulette, thanks....we tried to have something for everyone without making everyone feel they had to do everything...I like GTGs like that.... ;)

Okay, can't wait to see all of you....there's going to be lots of fun around the campfire..... :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby PeggyinCT » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Lori and Everybody else coming to the GTG in PA,

It looks like a fun weekend to me. Thanks for making all the arrangements. I am interested in the ferryboat ride and I do enjoy wine, so the winery might be fun. See you soon.
PeggyinCT

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm so glad everyone likes the plans, and will miss those who can't make it.....Ernie called the campground today for info on the chili cook off and while talking with them they requested that we all try to get our reservations in by Sept. 4th instead of the 11th, which is 2 weeks out instead of 1....so please, if you plan to come, do call and make your reservations by Sept. 4th....Again, you can still make them after that date, it's just I can't guarantee that you will be in the same area, but I know that they will try to put you there if possible...

Thanks for doing the reservation thing as soon as you can....and I can't wait to see all of you....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Gulp.....I am waiting for the Step mother to decide where she is going when she is released from skilled care....projected release date SEPT 16th !!!! I am hoping that she will move to Assisted Care and make her decision early enough that I can have the move part done by the 16th.... if she decides to stay in independent with 24 hour aid....TOO MUCH $$$$ and not really providing her a good medical support system, but she is still competent to make bad decisions...... But I am ready to drive right out of town and not look back if she thinks independent is her best support...... Will keep you posted as the future unfolds....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:20 am

Just bring this up to the top as a reminder to those who plan to attend and haven't made your reservations, that our "preferred" Reservation time ends tomorrow, Sept. 4.....you can still call and make a reservation after tomorrow, but they can't guarentee a site in our group area...they will try if all possible.....so please call....

Things are coming together nicely....Can't wait to see you all... ;) ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Okay, so far so good. My step mother is scheduled to go back to her Independent apt on next Sat and my brother and SIL are going to help her move back and pick up some groceries, etc. The therapists are amazed at the progress that she has made and feel that she should be able to make it on her own. They took her over to assess her skills in the apt last Thursday...... So I am free to hit the road. I reminded her that with my cell phone...she can call me where ever I am and it is not long distance for her.....that is a difficult concept for someone who has grown up thinking that she has to limit calling long distance b/c of the cost :roll:

Now I am open to suggestions from anyone who has journeyed across Ohio to the Harrisburg area. I was planning on taking the drive in two days so that I can mosey along..... From my initial map quest search it looks like there are three choices: Northern route up I71 and across I80....the middle route across I70 then south of Pittsburg, etc...and the third souther route using a few smaller scenic roads east across Ohio and then across WV on I68. I haven't looked up the state parks along the routes to see if there is something really more attractive one way or another.

So, any recommendations for the best way to cross those mountains? Also any great stops for an overnight I should consider. I am not big on fancy but love woods and water and scenic....... :) After I make it through the GTG weekend I am hoping to spend a couple days before I head back. I will be gathering suggestions for the Area....and I have never been to Gettysburg....... :D
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Paulette » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:05 pm

If you take the southern most route or I70 I would recommend Harpers Ferry area. Lots of historic stuff. Don't know if it is a halfway point or itmight be something you consider on the way back. When I went out to Iowa this summer I took the turnpike, I80. Stayed at a truck rest stop over night. I am sure once you get into PA that there are probably lots of nice cgs, but I'm not familiar with them.

Okay, that probably doens't help you a bit. :lol: I look forward to meeting you at Ferryboat though!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:50 am

Geez, have been having problems with the leaves again here in the home cg...so I'm about 2 days behind reading and posting, but will give it a try... :roll: ;)

The easiest way for you to come across the mountains and get to Ferryboat campground is to do the I-80 East to US route 15 south....We did this last weekend when we had to make a run to Lorain, OH to pick up an utility trailer at Ernie's Aunt's house.....I-80 East is scenic and not much road work going on...some, but not much on the road work....some state parks with camping located along the way, if my memory serves me, not too far from the interstate....but there are truck stops, etc. avalible, too....I would suggest as maybe a half way point of Brookville, Clarion, or Clearfield, PA....there is a state park near Clearfield, I think it is called Curwensville state park....you'll have to check the map, etc. on the spelling....(spelling isn't my forte'.... :roll: ) we've never stayed there, but know folks who have and they enjoyed themselves... US 15 south will keep you somewhat away from "big city" driving....only congested area would be around Shamokin Dam....Selenesgrove, PA....but if you remember to stay in the right hand lane you shouldn't have any problems.... ;) As US 15 south has a no left turns in the Liverpool area, anyone coming south will go by the Ferryboat entrance about a mile and a half...do the right turn off and around to come back to Ferryboat, going north.....sounds confusing, but it isn't once you do it......these directions should help all those coming south on US 15.....

Now, if you or anyone wants to stay a few extra days in the area and would like to do Gettysburg, let me know, and I'll get sites here at our home campground so you can do some touring....water/electric with dump station for $23/night....and remember I have the "in house tour guide" here by the name of ERNIE, who is a native of Gettysburg and knows the battlefield.... ;) We're located only about 8 miles from Gettysburg......

Hope this helps.... :)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Next

Return to Get Togethers