does anyone got to Quartsite?

Let's get together!

does anyone got to Quartsite?

Postby cat » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Since getting my B, I've been reading about places to go. Quartsite seems like a bit of a circus but maybe fun to go once. If you go, do you stay in CGs or BLM? If BLM are the RVs parked very close together?

thanks for any information,
carol
Blessings,
Carol,
Pixie, mini doxie & traveling companion
'o6 Ford Excel TS PleasureWay
http://thelordismyshield.blogspot.com

The Lord bless you and keep you safe in all your travels.
cat

Re: does anyone got to Quartsite?

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:57 pm

Been there once with the RVwomen group. Boondocked for 3 days and drove toad to the RV show in town. I agree, everyone should go once. The year I was there the traffic was terrible and parking was difficult to find. There is so much open space on the BLM land that the RV's are not close together. Its cold cause its in Jan. If you go, be SURE to go to the bookstore with the almost naked man. Its a must if you go to Q.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby sharon » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:01 pm

I go every year, usually camped on BLM land out by Ehrenburg and drove into Q, but last year was at a GTG with some of the rv ladies and we stayed at a CG with walking distance to every thing and will probably do that again next year. So much easier than trying to find parking. Yes, it's a circus, but I love it!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby cat » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi Sharon,
If you go in 2010, would you please let me know what CG you'll be in, if you don't mind. Is Q the busiest in Jan/Feb? Are the vendors there just for a few weeks/months?

thanks for the info,
carol
Blessings,
Carol,
Pixie, mini doxie & traveling companion
'o6 Ford Excel TS PleasureWay
http://thelordismyshield.blogspot.com

The Lord bless you and keep you safe in all your travels.
cat

Postby sharon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:28 pm

The vendors are there the last 2 weeks in January. That's when the big rv show is, and when all of the excitement is. Can't remember the name of the cg we stayed in, but I'll call Evie, she'll remember. Here's some more info with the dates:

http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

Would love to have you join me and whoever else comes, but I have CRS, so you'll have to stay on me and send me a pm in December or January.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:31 pm

So, what's Quartsite?

mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:10 pm

My parents used to go there for years. I've never been.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Mitch, Mitch, Mitch. You've never heard of Quartzsite? Its a small town in AZ in the middle of nowhere that in Jan everyone descends on for the BIG rv show. A whole bunch of people boondock on BLM land. I did this once and next time would stay in an RV park with electric cause its cold. The RV show has every possible gadget you could ever think of for RV's. I LOVE gadgets and I know I bought several, just can't remember what they were, but I HAD to have them. Ummmm, maybe I'll go this year. Who all besides Cat and Sharon are going? HEY, DO I HEAR ANOTHER GTG?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:07 pm

retiredhappy wrote:Mitch, Mitch, Mitch. You've never heard of Quartzsite? Its a small town in AZ in the middle of nowhere that in Jan everyone descends on for the BIG rv show. A whole bunch of people boondock on BLM land. I did this once and next time would stay in an RV park with electric cause its cold. The RV show has every possible gadget you could ever think of for RV's. I LOVE gadgets and I know I bought several, just can't remember what they were, but I HAD to have them. Ummmm, maybe I'll go this year. Who all besides Cat and Sharon are going? HEY, DO I HEAR ANOTHER GTG?

Well, now I have and I now know where it is on the map - almost to Kalee-for-nigh-a...

A gadget freak, eh? ME, TOO!!!! Let me know what you buy this year...

mitch5252

Postby sharon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Evie will be going....she came this year with us for 4 days and then joined her Good Sam group for another few days. Hopefully Donna can come, too. She drove out in her car and stayed with me.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby snowball » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:03 pm

just remembered to check out the gtg and saw this...we are here!!! and yes it's cold and there is already vendors not as many as there will be in a week even but vendors none the less!!! yes everyone should see Q atleast once it's not everyone's cup of......but it is fun
looking forward to seeing everyone
as to place to stay campgrounds in town the one that they referred to was Rice ranch...areas that are blm but free for 14 days then you have to move on blm pay 180 for the season or 40 for 14 days no service though other than honey wagon and water wagon
sheila
snowball

Postby DesireGMC » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi all!

I'm going to be in Quartszite from the 14th through the end of the month. I know that I'm meeting up with snowball (Sheila) and hopefully, Evie, Sharon and Donna too. They just don't know it yet! Oh, and Jenny - and Alice hopes to come up from Yuma! Yes - it will be a happy co-mingling of RVing women! I can't wait! We need to put together a phone tree or something as we won't all be staying at the same place.

Kerry
DesireGMC

Postby dcricket » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:27 am

Kerry are you staying at Rice Ranch or down where Sheila and Larry are at? I'm still on the fence about going. I should probably call to see what/if any spaces are left at Rice Ranch, or bite the bullet and try to decide if I want to tow my Jeep and drycamp, or bring my bike and ride it to/fm the Q ??? I have many factors that will determine whether I'll be able to make it this year or not. Will probably also call my older Brother to see if he will be going and if so which dates, but I'm glad you are going as you will enjoy the other ladies company very much. :) So you'll be there from the 14th til the 31st? I think Sharon will be there from the 18th to the 22nd or 23rd.

By the way Sheila, how often do the honey and water trucks make the rounds, as I would want to get the tanks drained while there, and do you recall approx how much it costs? (again, I'm not 100% certain I'll be going - just trying to figure it all out in my head just in case)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Return to Get Togethers