Gallup New Mexico Balloon Festival

Let's get together!

Gallup New Mexico Balloon Festival

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:07 am

I'm meeting up with our newest member, Cheeriogirl, the first weekend of December at Red Rock park in Gallup New Mexico for their balloon festival. I think this festival is better than Albuquerque because there are about 200 balloons and they actually fly at Red Rock park. You could stay in your rig and watch them fly all around you. They fly Dec 4th, 5th and 6th. Its $20 a nite at Red Rock for water and electric. I'm in site #96 and Marlene is in site #97. If you're brave enough to walk amongst the balloons as they're airing up, you can volunteer to crew and maybe get a free ride. Friday night they have a big bonfire with Indian dances.

Anybody else interested in meeting up? You can get your official Flamingo wineglass. Yeah, its cold but its amazing how good you feel after a hot coffee with Baileys. Just in case you're interested the phone number at Red Rock is 505 722-3839. No deposit required to make reservations. Tell Beverly you want a site near Karen West #96.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Gallup New Mexico Balloon Festival

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:05 pm

I can only wish, :(
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby cat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi Karen,
I haven't been able to get through to Red Rock Park, I'll keep calling. It sounds great to see the balloons up close and not have to drive.

thanks,
carol
Blessings,
Carol,
Pixie, mini doxie & traveling companion
'o6 Ford Excel TS PleasureWay
http://thelordismyshield.blogspot.com

The Lord bless you and keep you safe in all your travels.
cat

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:16 am

Its a city office number so probably only 9 to 5 and no weekends (my guess) Just in case, here's the number again 505 722-3839.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby cat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi Karen,
I finallly got through this morning and asked about the weather - brrrrrrrrrrrrrr low of 10 to high of 30 at that time of year. You'll have to advise me about how not to freeze my lines, to keep warm & stuff.

thanks,
carol
Blessings,
Carol,

cat

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:09 pm

I fill up my water tank and don't even put out a hose. My outside compartments are heated - if my inside heater is on, my compartments get heat. If you don't have that, I suggest one of those mechanics lights with a cage around the bulb. Just plug it in to an electric outlet and put inside the compartment nearest yours fresh water holding tank. Provides enough heat to keep it from freezing. I bring a small electric heater for inside the rig since electric is included in the site rent. Long underwear is a must, warm socks/boots and hand warmers I buy at Walmart that last about 2 hours. Every time I've been there its in the high 40's to low 50's during the day but the nights are COLD. If you don't have one, I'll loan you a big warm dog who will sleep under the covers with you.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby cookiemom » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Hey Karen,

I would like to meet up with you, but have just finalized a trip (Not an RV trip) to Florida during that same time for my 11 year old daughter's 12th birthday, which is Dec 6th.

Sounds like you will have fun! Maybe another time I can catch up with you or other women from the forum.

I haven't been posting on the forum lately, I've been busy... I just got an email saying I better post or I'd lose my membership, so I'm posting, I'm posting....

I hope you have a great time!

Debbie
Close to Mesa Verde National Park in Southwest Colorado
cookiemom

Postby cat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Karen,
Thanks for the advice and the loan of the dog. I have 2 dogs, Pixie, the mini doxie will get under the covers with me. Cheyenne, the greyhound mix has never been an the undercover dog, but if she gets cold enough it maybe a first. :)

I'll be in space #94 and will be sure to bring a lot of warm clothes and will have my heater going a lot. I plan on arriving on Thurs. so can see the Friday balloons lift off.

blessings,
carol
Blessings,
Carol,

cat

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:40 pm

Can hardly wait to meet you and present you with your official Flamingo wineglass altho we may be drinking something hot instead of wine. Be sure to bring your camera - you'll go nuts taking pictures.

Come on ladies - surely there's someone else up for a winter trip - its only for 3 days.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Think I've talked another gal (DianefmAZ) in joining us. That makes 4 rigs. COME ON LADIES - lets makes this a bigger GTG.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Orchid » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Does it count if I'm there in spirit? Alas, I'll still be slaving away at the salt mines AND I still don't have an RV. Have fun!
Cheryl
Orchid

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 am

Yes, I think spirit counts.....but they need to post the pictures so that our imaginations get fed :) properly.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby dianeinaz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:40 pm

Finally got thru to Red Rock and I too will join you gals. Will be in site 85 right across from you Karen. Now I better get to work knitting hat, mittens, scarf :-)

Diane in AZ
dianeinaz

Return to Get Togethers