New Jersey GTG Wk of Aug 17-23

Let's get together!

New Jersey GTG Wk of Aug 17-23

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Hey Girls....

Was just chatting with Sunseeker (Jill) and she and Tommy are going to be in the area visiting family and I thought hey let's see who all is around that might possible be able to have a GTG ..I know this is a quick drop at ya.. but Hey a Sister is gonna be right around.. so why not let's see if we can...

This is going to be in Freehold, New Jersey at the Turkey Swamp Park ... I'll try and get Jill to put up the address as I just got the phone number from her.... Phone # is 732-462-7286.

You have to leave your name and number as it appears to be a County park and the Ranger will call you back..

I've already got an ok from DH he'll watch the critters cause you all know how that goes.. with my 4 ...LOL but it's only about 2 hours from me... soooooooo let's see what we can do...

Whatcha think ?... I'll fill in more info as I get it !

God Bless
Barbzeee

Last edited by Barbzeee on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: New Jersey GTG Wk of Aug 17-23

Postby Sunseeker » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:37 pm

It is a county, not state park as I had originally thought. The address is: 200 Georgia Rd., Freehold NJ 07728. Sites are $30 per night and the place looks good. I haven't been there before, but the reviews were favorable. The other parks in the area are way pricey! I know it's late notice, but sites are filling fast. Barbzee has a list of available sites near ours if you're interested. Wish each and every one of you could join us!!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Jill,

I just booked in.. I'm gonna be there from Aug 22nd till Aug 25th I'll leave Monday morning after traffic... I'm in site
B 8.......Ok..sites near Jill open are B 9 and B 11 there is also B 2 which he thought I might have to go in... but in that area the sites are open..but filling ... so all who can make it... please try .. I know like I said.. it's a quick notice..but you know those Quickies can be fun !!!

The Ranger returned my call promptly... so call ...!! Phone # is 732-462-7286.

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Sunseeker » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Yipee...how fun! Glad you got the ranger guy, he is really friendly, huh? C'mon, ladies, come sit a spell with Barbzee and me :D
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Paulette » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 pm

Shucks, I'd love to join you all, but I"ll be on my way home from Florida :(

Hope you all have a wonderful time!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Darn, girls....can't make this one....we have folks coming to camp here over the same time frame.....and it is the week before we take off on our travels for the fall/winter....leaving here Sept. 2.......but you all have a great time....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:29 am

Lori and Paulette..what a bummer..cause you know it would be a real trip with all you there...and hey Ernie wouldn't be the only man then LOL Tommy....poor Tommy....but hey.. I just got a wild hair... I'm gonna see if now that I learned I can bring all the dogs is maybe I can get my DH (Robert) if he doesn't have to work ..join us... he can drive over from work....as he works just outside of Princeton...mmmmmmm maybe I might change my days too then Jill...

If you guys are pulling out on Sunday... perhaps I'll change mine...unless someone else is joining us... this way..if my DH stays with I can get him to help me....now there's a smart move...LOL Loving every moment of it too...

Ok, let me work on that and I'll post you Jill and let you know too.....Just my brain is kicking in.... now back to the motor home to take my shower....aaaaaaah life is good....

Where's the plumber..LOL He comes on Wed...thank gawd !!!!

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:11 am

http://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/page ... 33&Id=2506

Here's a website for the campground. I'll have to figure out if it coincides with my trip to NE. I'd have to change my planned route, but shoot, there are lots of good routes.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:15 am

Oh Liz, that would be wonderful! We are certainly going to be on your route. I sure hope you can come sit a spell!!!
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:26 am

Hey Liz, That would be terrific.... ok I got my date changed now... and yes.. I'll be there Aug 22 till the 24th... Ok.. So Friday at Noon is check in time.. and must leave before Sunday at Noon.... and maybe DH will be along for the ride.....ok.. things are looking better...

Liz.... I'm a counting on ya... as you know how it goes.. the More the Merrier...LOL

So head count now is..... Jill and Tommy
Zeee and Possibly Robert
Liz
ok there's plenty of room...:)

God Bless.....Fresh and Clean now :) and on the dang puter LOL

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:45 pm

Darn, wish I could make this one too since it is only about 40 miles from my son and grandson but we have to be in Texas for a horse sale the next week. That would be cutting it too close.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Oh Martha, we're sorry too.. would have loved to have met you...I thought perhaps you were not that far from this area... but you know...we do understand.. as this was a quick throw together... but always another one ..and beside maybe you can make the Texas one in Nov... that's gonna be a good one too...and then I'm sure the other girls will be getting more together.... but thanks for thinking of us... and thanks for posting too ...!

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:54 am

How cool! I finally got to have real coffee at Barbzee's real table. Not only does she make a great cuppa brew, but she introduced me to Biscotti. I'm terribly hooked...especially since she went and made me a gift of the 'whole box' of Nonni's.

Finally it was time for Tommy to meet the furkids. Dogs love him anyway, but it was once again a smooth process as our hosts had done this many times before...all in order. Here is Tommy with the big-guy, Zeke. That's Reba Lee (the smoocher) there on the left.

These are the only pics I have so far. We are getting ready to meet for brunch shortly so I hope to take a few more. Robert says he's camera shy so I'll have to sneak around to get him...and Richard and Timmy are staying pretty scarce. The six of us are having a nice time in NJ.
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Brunch is long past and we're getting ready to plan the next meal..supper, dinner?...don't ask the southern guys...I'm confused. :? Anyway...Food seems to be the theme this weekend!!

We are sharing lots of laughs and so happy these folks popped in to see us. Here are a few brunch and post-brunch pics. More will follow later.

Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Jill who is sitting with Barbzeee at the table?
Wish we were there with ya'll, 13 more days and we start heading South....I'm Ready!!
Give everyone a hug for us, especially Tommy!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Next

Return to Get Togethers