Left Coast GTG

Let's get together!

Left Coast GTG

Postby sharon » Sat May 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Now that Diana (Mtngal) has her new house on wheels she has suggested a GTG on the West Coast. Since she is in Mexico at this time I've pushed my way in to help out with the planning. I'm leaving here June 25th for 3 weeks and will be on the Harley, with limited internet service so we needed to make some tentative plans in a hurry. Tentative as in specific days, the GTG is a definite!

Diana suggested Bishop area, she would like to go see the Bristlecone pine trees. We've pretty much narrowed it down to Brown's Campground in Bishop. Bishop is kind of a neat little town with some cute shops and an awesome restaurant/bakery. There is a hotsprings pool a little south of Big Pine, kind of commercial, but still very relaxing, $9.00 per visit. I can pretty much garantee that Evie and I will head there for a day!! I'm bringing my car and can fit 6, so doubt if transportation will be a problem, we can go wherever our little hearts want to!

Evie's (Pooker) in, Char (Excell) will try, but no promises, Diana, Donna (Cricket) if she can get time off of work and myself so far.

Date: 2nd week of August....let us know what days work for you, we're pretty flexible, but we need to know ASAP so we can make reservations.

Place: Browns Town Campground, Bishop, Ca $25.00 for electricity and water. None of the sites have sewer, they do have a dumpsite and charge $3 for that. They also have dry sites for $20, but you can't use your generator. I talked to them and they said to make reservations asap, first night is a non-refundable deposit. 760-873-8522
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Re: Left Coast GTG

Postby Cedar518 » Sat May 30, 2009 3:39 pm

I'll be with you in spirit! :D
Cedar518

Postby sharon » Sat May 30, 2009 6:35 pm

Spirit's good! Better than nuttin'! LOL! I haven't been to a GTG that I didn't completely enjoy and I haven't met any of the forum ladies that I didn't like! I know we're gonna have a great time no matter who comes.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Sun May 31, 2009 2:40 am

Too soon for me - if I get down your way - will be much later than that - so I'll be there in spirit also. Hope lots can make it.

I do have a question - I've never, ever been charged to dump when I stayed at a cg. Are you sure that you'll have to pay to dump before you leave? Usually the dump fee is for non-customers. Just curious.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Sun May 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Unfortunately, the answer is yes, they charge. I've never had that situation either and thought it a little strange...but on the other hand, this is Ca, and the camping fee is not much by Ca standards. There is a county park just north of Big Pine with electric and water but they don't take reservations and this is a popular vacation spot, so we were a little worried about not being able to get in. I'm still working on maybe getting our camping fee reduced....the 'ol "I know a guy that knows a guy" deal. We'll see.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mtngal » Sun May 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Yay! thanks Sharon for getting this posted! I'm really excited, it will be fun to go to a gtg with my very own RV!

Bureau of Reclamation campgrounds charge for dump in addition to camping fees in my area. It was news to me too. But just by happy serendipity my auntie lives in a trailer park with rv spaces and the manager let me dump for $5, I'm betting in the future he won't charge at all.

Beth, maybe a 'fall' gtg in Central CA on your way back? It's the best time of year in the Sierra Nevada!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:21 am

IF, (notice the capital letters) I still have any money left after my current trip and can keep up with current plans to go down Baja, will certainly make a point of getting together in California on the way down. Now, if I could find somewhere to work for a month and make a year's pay in between these 2 trips - would definintely be where I'd stop.

Don't want to hijack this thread - hope lots can make this gtg - and I'll be with you all in spirit.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby WickedLady » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:52 pm

I am committed to a campout in August so can't afford a trip to CA as well :cry:
Will be there in spirit; take lots of pictures.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Pooker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:38 am

Can you believe I didn't even know we had a GTG section! Shows how little time I have to poke around after browsing the General. Good thing I have a CC (conscience companion) who keeps me in line, climbs up on my roof for repairs, turns me around when I make a wrong turn, feeds me often, and even puts up with my furballs upsetting her babies. Thank you, Good Buddy, Sharon - what would I do without you?

Pooker
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby sharon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 am

Evie and I were talking about which days do we want to arrive in Bishop and how long do we want to stay? Arrive Sun Aug 9th or Monday Aug 10th? How many days? Need some feedback here so we can get our reservations.

Anyone coming needs to make their own reservations as Browns's keeps the first nite's fees even if you cancel. Of course, that makes a great incentive to make sure you come! :lol:

We haven't made a lot of plans yet for the GTG other than to walk the Bristle Cone Loop and tour Bishop. If there's anyone that has any suggestions please chime in, altho I'm sure we won't be bored!

Awww Evie, you made me blush! You do just fine on your own. Still haven't figured out why you didn't want to lead to Q tho, it's pretty much a straight shot. And you have to admit, if I hadn't turned the wrong way in Texas, you wouldn't have gotten into trouble. But thank you for the compliments, and Spike and Pia are always welcome in Hope. Oh yeah, and you, too!

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mtngal » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Arrive on Sunday the 9th sounds good to me, and I will plan to stay through Friday. Don't know if that's too long for others?

I have some info about Eastern Sierra, but all at home in CA, so that will have to wait.

Looking forward.......
Diana
mtngal

Postby sharon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:04 am

Evie and I are arriving Sunday the 9th and probably leaving Thurs AM. We'll make our reservations this week. Not sure what time we're leaving, but since we're both early risers we made plans to have breakfast at Kramer Junction at the corner of Hiway's 395 and 58. Nice little restaurant there, lousy service, good food and plenty of rv parking.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby sharon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Bumping this up as the 9th is coming up fast.....sure hope some more of you ladies can make it, but if not we'll have a swell time without you! Altho we'll miss the heck out of you! :lol:

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Return to Get Togethers