Sept. GTG in PA Update and Details!!!

Let's get together!

Re: Sept. GTG in PA Update and Details!!!

Postby Paulette » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Oh NO! Chanting Chanting Chanting...
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby PeggyinCT » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi Shirl,

So sorry to hear about the leak and the pending repair bill. I get so worried when I hear these stories and the big expenses. I'm sending some positive energy to you from Connecticut and hope that it will all be a memory by the time we get together in Sept.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all and learning more about living the rv lifestyle.
PeggyinCT

Postby Paulette » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Finally made my reservation today. I'm in site 237. See you in September!

Shirl, any update on the leak repairs? I'm hoping they estimated HIGH!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Shirlv » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Oh! Paulette, I am lower than a worm's knee. Offical price for repairs received today $11,200. Insurance is no help but I didn't think it would be. It should be fixed by the end of Aug. so possible I could still make the gtg. I never canceled my reservation. I haven't signed and returned the agreement yet, like I think the rv fairy will fix my rig. :( This too shall pass
%$#*&$#
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby Paulette » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Shirl, I am so sorry to hear that news. But, if you want to think positively, then after this repair you will have virtually a new roof and the RV should be in good shape for a long time to come. Yeah, that probably doesn't make you feel much better. :roll:

Well, I hope they have it all repaired before the gtg and that you can make it (since you already have a reservation and all ;) ).
Paulette

Postby carold » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:57 pm

OMG Shirl, can't believe there would be such a leak and not see some damage before it got so bad. I also would have to think twice, maybe ten times about it. I'm chanting along with Cedar Ohmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! carold
carold

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:05 pm

Shirl, any chance you can get a second opinion?
Whew, that's a chunk of change.

mitch5252

Postby Shirlv » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:14 pm

It is a chunk of change. I had two other estimates but picked the one close to home. They were all about the same price. Hope it is ready by the end of Aug.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Finally called in my reservations today. I took the option for coming in on Thursday.... I so need to go camping!!! I didn't get a site number from them but she said that given how short my MH was I would not have any trouble getting in any number of the sites. When she asked which on I wanted, I told her I didn't really know but told her it made sense to save the bigger/longer sites for the rigs that might need them.....as long as I could find a level one...no levelers on board for the short bus. See you in September...
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:15 pm

hey gal, throw a couple of boards in,.... can drive up onto them on your low side. works like a charm. :D
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Tina, so glad to read you've made your reservation.. :D I believe that we are now either 7 or 8 reservations made....will have to call Sandy tomorrow to check......remember, gals, the more the merrier.... :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 am

Hello, all...just got off the phone with Ferryboat and we are officially 8 RV/campers for our GTG... :D Just wanted to give ya' the total so far....Hope more of you can join us.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:22 pm

More fun at the camp fire! Someone mentioned kayaking in the area? I have never been in PA for sightseeing...only one English Cocker National about 20 years ago. With dogs and young kids and DH, we drove out and came straight back. I don't want to travel in straight lines anymore....I want to wander and mosey...... The dogs are in agreement with most any plan as long as somewhere along the trip at regular intervals hiking makes the schedule!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:44 pm

We are now 9.... :D just got a note from Kelpie (Kellie)....she made her resv. today!!!
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby islandmomma » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:27 am

Hi All. I guess it is a good thing (? prophetic) that I did not confirm my reservation for this GTG, much as I would like to come.

Last Thursday, on day 41 of my 45 day Atlantic Canada caravan, my drive shaft split apart on the Transcanada highway between Cape Breton island and Nova Scotia on the Mainland. It took out the differential and cracked the transmission housing too. I had no parking brake or emergency brake on a big hill for nearly 6 hours until the tow truck finally arrived and towed me back to Cape Breton. I was standing on my brakes until help arrived. The rig was at the small dealership awaiting parts for a week so I stayed in a motel (only choice in this small town) at lots of dollars and rented a car to get about.

My dog was also having a major allergic reaction to something she picked up in Newfoundland during our almost one month there (with no cell service and almost no wifi!) so it was back and forth to the local vet with a steroid shot finally doing the trick (I hope).

I eventually drove to Prince Edward island where the caravan was ending and managed to take in the last two days of the caravan, staying at the rig of new friends. I was glad I at least got to say goodbye to my new friends and also glad this whole crisis happened while I was on the caravan where I could radio for help and get chocks put under my wheels by other fellow travellers so I was stable on the hill. Also had the local police with me :) for several hours.

In any case, this is the fourth major disablement of my vehicle in only 4 months and my confidence has eroded, I must confess, along with my pocketbook. I have no guarantee that I will get to Pennsylvania at all, much less commit to attend a scheduled GTG. I signed up a year ago for a Winnebago rally in early October and have recently confirmed that it is nonrefundable (and was expensive) so I am trying to bolster myself enough to get to NYC by then but plan to take it slowly and get more service when I find a place bigger than a Ford car dealership (the place that is currently caring for its needs). In the meantime I got the rig back on Friday but it is still running hot I think so am taking it back the 15 miles or so on Wednesday to address the cooling system again.

I am at a lovely campground, the only one in many miles, that is oceanside and has good wifi so I am trying to get myself pulled together this week and plan to move on at the end of the week. The weather is finally gorgeous and I am trying to remind myself of why I chose to do this in the first place. I am just tired of feeling anxious about automotive issues...:(

Anyway, sorry I have not booked but maybe my subconscious knew something...? Part of it was just that we were kept so busy and had so little internet access that I never got online or had a phone to call! I really enjoyed the caravan otherwise. Just wish I did not have to drive anywhere for a while...

Hope you all have a hoot and I will make it if I can get there but otherwise know my thoughts and best wishes are with you!!

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers