Sept. GTG in PA Update and Details!!!

Let's get together!

Re: Sept. GTG in PA Update and Details!!!

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 am

Oh Jan,
Those are definitely the adventures that no one wants and if they do happen, everyone hopes to be traveling with some buddies when they happen! The image of you standing on the brake on a hill...... not good. Hope the biggest hurdles are in the past and the rest is just fine tuning and low cost...... Just remember there were no promises of what might have happen anywhere else! And now you have friends and more memories!!! Remember to breathe and take care, one day at a time.....one mile at a time.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Shirlv » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Jan, I understand how you feel. I had made my reservation before my rv went in the shop. I haven't canceled because I am hoping to make it. Starting this coming week I intend to breathe down their neck every other day. I wish you well. If you were closer we could have a Pity Party. :)
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Goodness, Jan... :shock: What a pickle you've been in....And I can see all the $$$$ signs you've been paying out....I fully understand being stressed out and not excited about making more future plans....and don't blame you for being unsure about coming to the PA GTG......Hope that the repairs are soon done and over with....Keep us posted and as you said, maybe you will be able to make it....if not, we'll miss you, but understand completely.... ;) Maybe the next one.. ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 am

Jan, I'm really sorry to hear about your mess! What a big, fat BUMMER. Hopefully, they'll repair it right on Wednesday. Try and keep your chin up - this will soon be behind you. You might be in the poorhouse, but at least it'll be behind you. Heck, come on over to The Blue Marlin and stay while you recoup your finances!

I know what you mean about your confidence eroding. Couple of years ago (pre-Mobile Marlin), G & I were in Montana. I have a Toyota Sienna van with a back-up camera AND those little back-up sensor warning beeper things, right...still managed to back into a rather large boulder and tear a rip into the bumper. Still HATE backing up cuz I know those modern gadgets don't help me.

Good luck.
mitch5252

Previous

Return to Get Togethers