March 2022 Possible GTG at Karen's in Texas

Let's get together!

March 2022 Possible GTG at Karen's in Texas

Postby retiredhappy » Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 pm

Beth and I posted about a possible GTG next April in another thread but wanted more of you to know about it. I, (Karen West) live on 27 acres in Leesburg, Texas. I have one 30 amp hookup and water for two rigs. I have a Blueboy if anyone needs to dump. Otherwise, it would be boondocking in open fields with no neighbors. You would have access to my bathroom and shower. Not much to offer except total peace and quiet. Sit around my firering and drink the beverage of your choice. Leesburg consists of a blinking yellow light, a church, postoffice and Ma's Cafe (down home cooking). Pittsburg, about 8 miles away, has restaurants, gas stations and grocery store. We do have a couple of Mexican restaurants and a great Italian family owned restaurant. I would love to see as many of my rving ladies that could make it. I no longer RV but I do miss the GTG's and potlucks. If you don't want to boondock, Bob Sandlin State Park is about five miles from me. Great kayaking (if its not windy). If you don't have or want to bring a rig, we do have Tilly, our travel trailer that is hooked up to power and water, has a queen bed and sofa and dinette, bathroom. Dogs, of course, are welcome. Fresh eggs provided by our chickens and an alarm clock named Zeus (our donkey). Think about coming.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: April 2022 Possible GTG at Karen's in Texas

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon May 03, 2021 4:25 pm

April could be doable for me. Good timeframe for me too for heading back to IL visits.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Mon May 03, 2021 6:24 pm

I'll definitely be there. Too early for exact dates, but probably early to mid-April. I told Karen she might be stuck with me for 2 weeks or longer lol. Then she said "gtg!" I agreed we should try. Cheryl, I hope you can make it and Martha is penciling it in, as is Velda. Wow. It's early, but it would be great to have a good gtg. So everyone, you have plenty of time to figure it out!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:16 pm

I don't know how I missed this but it sounds like fun will need to think about it though
sheila
snowball

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:47 am

Come on ladies. Lets give me probably my last GTG before I die (not that I'm planning to any time soon). Peace and quiet, plenty of room to walk your dogs, but not much exciting to do in our little town.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:27 pm

Karen, as it gets closer to that time, I am sure more will make plans to go. With Covid still a threat I think everyone is holding tight for now on making plans. Even Q is up in the air for now. I would love to come out there but I am still working and I don't have a rig yet.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:18 pm

Barbie, wish I had a guest room or even a full size sofa (two loveseats)).
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:43 pm

Barbie, my sofa is available. And I'll be there unless something I can't control happens.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: March 2022 Possible GTG at Karen's in Texas

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:26 am

Update. With my work plans changed I've got to move the gtg to mid March. I'm hoping to be at Karen's March 16 - 24. The start and end dates aren't set in stone yet, but definitely that time period. I hope some of you can join us. And I'll bet Karen would still be up for an additional gtg in April without me if that works best for any of you.
Beth
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 pm

I definately will not be able to make a March GTG. To much of a chance of March snow in the Chicago area, plus my camper will be at inside storage and won't be able to get the camper out until at least April 1st.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby MandysMom » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 am

It's also too early for me to cross the Sierras coming east.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:23 am

I will definitely try to make it since it's not too far for me.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Get Togethers