Mini GTG in PA

Let's get together!

Mini GTG in PA

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Pictures from my swing past Lori and Dock's house near Gettysburg, PA, on my way to my son's place in Brewster, NY. My Roadtrek fit in the driveway behind the house within the cord length of the 30 amp plug. You know the welcome mat is out when the 30 amp plug is made available! Dock ordered out to the BBQ place around the block and we enjoyed a delicious dinner. Lark and Audrey were invited in to be house dogs for awhile and to be spoiled by both Lori...and especially Dock. Lori says "hi" and misses you guys. She admitted that she still lurks here from time to time but has forgotten her password and has given up on retrieving it. PM me if you would like their address and/or Lori's phone number. Dock has a medical aid that comes in several times a week and that gives Lori a few minutes of respite. Their son and grand daughter are not too far from them and that is a help.

And for those who remembered their famous Spinner dog...he passed away a number of months ago from age and a suspected brain/neurological issue. Lori said since neither of them are able to handle a dog's physical needs for activity and going outside they have adopted two kittens and are waiting for them to be old enough to come to their new home. Or as Lori explains, she went looking for one kitten and seem to have found two instead. Dock, ever anticipating the new arrivals, already has a bag of cat supplies and toys ready!

This is a picture of the impressive collage that their grand daughter put together of all Dock's service ribbons and awards.

And here are their smiling faces....

Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Mini GTG in PA

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:50 pm

So glad you got some first class visits in on your trip. I am still hanging out in the hotel. Finally have an appt to get Emma a spa day. She needs it badly. My groomer was evacuated for 8 days but got back in after electric was restored. She has been cleaning her fridge and freezer, I can only imagine.

Went shopping today with my neighbor. I bought a couple of tops but not much else. I dont want to buy too much summer stuff as I still have hopes that FALL is coming. I do have fall and winter clothes in my storage unit and I am sure they will need a huge bath but they are in a bag in a tub so maybe they wont.

I am going up to visit my BFF Laura this coming weekend. We are going looking just to see what might be available. I am not looking to buy anything too quickly as not sure where I want to land. But we will have fun anyway and I get out of my room LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:27 pm

what fun Tina glad that you got to visit with Lori and Dock so enjoyed our visit while they were in Wyo think we went to Signal Mountain... what Lori could do is re join and have a new password
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Thanks for sharing pictures with Lori and Doc! And tell Lori I'd be happy to give her a new password. Egg 7 live for her to chime in occasionally.. Or more.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Get Togethers