Quartzsite 2021??

Let's get together!

Quartzsite 2021??

Postby JudyJB » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:21 pm

Did I spell it right this time??

I am planning to go to Quartzsite this year--been wanting to go for a couple of years, but other things interfered. So far this year, I have it on my schedule.

Anyone else going?
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Quartzite 2021??

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:01 pm

Sorry, Judy, it's Quartzsite... Make it easy on yourself and just say Q.

I'm hoping to be there but I've been talking to a park about working this winter, do anything could happen. And it'll depend on what the virus is doing. If I don't work I figure I can easily social distance, etc in Q, so will probably be there a couple months.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Quartzsite 2021??

Postby snowball » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:32 pm

unless my kids convince me I should stay up North I will be there... or my mom decides she needs a care giver.
have you made reservations or planning on boondocking with us out on the BLM land (not Black Lives Matter)
I would have spelled it out but my spelling isn't that great and as I tried wasn't getting close enough to it for spell check...
hope we will have lots again or if not we will enjoy those that come
if you don't plan on boondocking it would be wise to check into reservations soon although it may not be a problem this year one never knows I guess
look forward to seeing you
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:27 pm

I would like to go but would have to stay in a motel. Will have to see what the Covid situation is by late fall/winter to decide.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:26 am

I'm a maybe, but would sure like to go. Have to see how the rest of 2020 goes.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 am

Maybe, not sure yet what im doing
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:30 pm

I can't imagine that they will still hold this event, but I will wait until last minute.

I am even worried about going to California for my son's birthday in early December. They really need to drop the numbers for me to go there. I will go there for Christmas, but I am going to make sure I have backup reservations for that month.
JudyJB
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:59 am

I'll be visiting Q. Our gtg can easily be done social distancing. If you mean going to the big tent, who knows....
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:57 pm

As far as I’m concerned, Q is our GTG out in La Posa North. The big tent, to me, has always been simply something to wander around for an hour or so. The rest of the time is being with all our forum friends, talking/catching up and having a wonderful potluck. I’m hoping I can work out driving down again. While I would love to stay at the Yacht Club again, my experience last January leaves me wondering if I should take a chance. :?
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:36 pm

On one of the Q FB pages don't remember which one
they are still planning on having the big tent and rv show
how they will work it out was undecided but will try to make it as safe as possible.
I think if they have one entrance and one way traffic and limit amount of people in the tent it would be possible ...it is a huge tent... also one of the posters on that site suggested one dogs in stroller's that would help in that people would scurry more... but we can only tell as the season progresses
looking forward to seeing everyone
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:44 pm

The web site for the show confirms that it is still on, so I will be there probably on the 15th through the 17th. Then I will be heading east to Lake Pleasant, northwest of Phoenix.
JudyJB
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:20 pm

I'll miss you unless I head over on the 17th as I'll be working in Yuma on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm looking forward to the slower week days to visit.
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:55 pm

it will be good to see you Judi since you usually don't boondock it would be well to look into reservations now than later...
Beth it will be fun having you so close
at this point it doesn't sound like Kerry will be in Q this winter unless it's for one month... her friends that have been helping her out a lot won't be there this winter
Has anyone heard from Louise? she didn't make it to the gtg last so have periodically wondered how she is and where she is.... I happened to think of it as I was starting to write here
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:35 pm

I thought I would post the dates of the Quartzsite RV show 2021: January 16-24
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:14 am

With all the COVID stuff going on, i have decided to skip Quartzsite 2021. Maybe next year, but I am just getting worried about all the contacts I have been having and want to limit myself more. Only thing that might change this is if the numbers start to really drop, which I don't think is going to happen.

I got a new windshield a couple of days ago and have a Camping World appointment for Monday to get my tail lights and running lights fixed. I have put up with a flickering bedroom TV for 10 months now because i did not want anyone inside my RV, and i am getting tired of putting up with the flickering.

So, sorry anyone planning on going there, but I just don't feel comfortable right now. Darn this virus!!!
JudyJB
JudyJB

Next

Return to Get Togethers