Quartzsite 2020

Let's get together!

Quartzsite 2020

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:14 pm

Am looking at the calendar for the Q GTG dates. I am thinking I will go from Jan 16th to the 22nd. That should cover the big events going on at that time and I will be there for my birthday too. Will be fun to be there for a whole week this time! I know it is really early yet but I want to get my request in early at work. Anyone else know what dates yet they plan to be there?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Quartzsite 2020

Postby snowball » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 pm

I am not sure usually early Nov to April 15 :lol: :lol:
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:36 am

The show is the 18th to 26th this winter. I'll probably arrive early and stay for 2 weeks. So your dates look good to me. :)

And, Sheila, we're counting on you :D
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:41 pm

I’m hoping to be there 2 weeks. Not sure of the exact dates yet.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 pm

I still need to address the genny problem... but unless we decide mom needs someone living with her I will be there
sheila
snowball

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:57 am

I plan on being there for two weeks. 12th--26th Of course plans do have to be changed unexpectedly. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Joan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:30 pm

I would also like to attend. As a newbie, it would be great to camp with people who know what they are doing. Look forward to hearing the dates and figuring out how to do it in a teardrop.

Joan
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Joan wrote:I would also like to attend. As a newbie, it would be great to camp with people who know what they are doing. Look forward to hearing the dates and figuring out how to do it in a teardrop.

Joan

The show is Jan 18th - 26th this year. My tentative plans are to be there starting the 12th for two weeks. Sheila winters there, so we all descend on her :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:36 pm

you will be most welcome Joan... will you be able to boondock? as that is what we have were we are at... if not then you best start looking for reservations now as the busiest part of the year is mid Dec to mid Feb... and if you do need to stay in town at a rv park it's only about 2-3 miles
sheila
snowball

Postby Joan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am

Sheila,

Yes, I can boondock. I have solar, small fresh and grey water tanks and propane. I have a porta potty. I believe you camp in La Posa North? I believe the rules are that I need to park close to a toilet. Is there one nearby?
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Not everyone that come to the Quartzsite GTG stay out in the boondocking area. It is nice out there but staying in town or in a nearby town is also sometimes done. As you know there are no rules limiting those kind of options around here. PM Shiela for particulars on the requirements of self-contained rigs out on the BLM lands.

Tina
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby monik7 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:10 pm

I’ll be there Jan. 21, 22 and 23. I’m looking forward to my 8th straight year in Q. It will be a little different for me from past years, but I still can’t wait.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:09 am

monik7 wrote:I’ll be there Jan. 21, 22 and 23. I’m looking forward to my 8th straight year in Q. It will be a little different for me from past years, but I still can’t wait.
Sandi

Nothing wrong with different. So glad you'll be coming.
Beth
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:09 am

I'm hoping to come this year at least part of the days. My bus group wants mr there, as well as another. So may be splitting my time. My plan is to go to my friends in Golden Valley first and follow them to Q, depending on dates. My van has grey, black and fresh. Propane stove, fridge, and hot water, and 228 w solar with 200 amps batteries, so I may have to see about emptying tanks, but should be ok. I don't have a towed so have to think about that aspect of giving up parking spot to go somewhere vs hitching ride with someone with a car. I have looked forward to this for years. Only thing that will cause me issues is if one of our cats o bird need me.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Velda, there are places in town to dump your tanks. Also, no worries about leaving your spot near Sheila. There is always plenty of room and no one will take your spot while you are gone.

I also plan to come out with my trailer, Roxy. Not sure of dates yet but somewhere around the 15th for about a week.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Next

Return to Get Togethers