Quartzsite 2020

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzsite 2020

Postby brendac » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:30 pm

I too am planning on joining the get together. Not exactly sure of what dates but have in mind staying for about a week.
I am fully self contained with an onboard generator.

Through Google Maps I have a good idea of which area you will be in. My question is will there be an identifying marker for our group so I am not left blindly navigating through the sea of rvs?
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:44 pm

drive over the wash, turn at the cactus, then stay left of the 3 small rocks, toward the jack rabbit (altho he may have moved on by now!), and then look for the smoke signals! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheila can help you with directions. She does have some small signs along the way. Not too hard to find once to do it.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby brendac » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks , I will copy these directions to my gps making special note of the jackrabbit :lol:
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby monik7 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:39 pm

brendac wrote:Thanks , I will copy these directions to my gps making special note of the jackrabbit :lol:

Quite often, Brenda, when someone is joining in at Q for the first time, someone will drive out to the La Posa North entrance and guide you back to the area where everyone sets up near Sheila. All you’ll need to do is let us know when you arrive. So don’t worry about finding the group. After you’ve done it once it’s easy to find. I hope you’ll be there during the 3 days I’ll be there so we can meet.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:57 am

Barbie, you crack me up. And ask Alice (avalen) about missing a turn. She called me and I could see her on a parallel road. Was waving while we were on the phone and she just cut across the desert lol. Now I don't always recommend that.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:51 am

Velda don't worry about not having a toad... plenty have and will take you into where ever... also at South LaPosa is the dump and water so really don't have to go to town for that... although it is so busy during that time it might be worth going into town!! those of us who live there for the season try to not go at that time... me??? I'm lazy and have it pumped out perhaps not cheaper but easier...
Brenda looking forward to meeting up ... and yes we will have signs up and give you a phone number you can call if you want to ... my dd taught in Guam for a couple of years she told me one time of going some where and the directions something about turn at the goat :lol: :lol: it is very easy to find though...
it would be nice if Chris would show up this year we ought to hint to her we need to meet the new hubby
sheila
snowball

Postby Joan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:40 pm

I am planning on coming so hopefully someone can help me find the group. Looking forward to it.

Joan
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Joan wrote:I am planning on coming so hopefully someone can help me find the group. Looking forward to it.

Joan

You bet!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Joan wrote:I am planning on coming so hopefully someone can help me find the group. Looking forward to it.

Joan

You bet!
Beth
Bethers

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:50 am

Getting ready to put in my time off notice at work and trying to decide on the dates.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:25 am

I'm very concerned over being able to cross mountains from Ca to Az at that time of year. so not sure I want to try.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:48 pm

MandysMom wrote:I'm very concerned over being able to cross mountains from Ca to Az at that time of year. so not sure I want to try.
Velda

Velda, this will be my 8th year at Q. The route on 58 from Bakersfield goes through Tehachapi where the highway summit is 4000’. I believe that would be the highest point on your way to Q. There has never been snow on the ground or coming down at that elevation on any of my previous 7 trips through the summit in January. The most I saw was snow very high up on the surrounding mountains. It would be a shame for you to miss out on Q. Things can change year to year so just check the conditions before leaving.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby MandysMom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Sandi, Tehatchapi has snow on ground this week! I have friends there! Have to see what January brings, but I do not want to chance slick roads.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Velda, I hope you can make it. We have a lot of fun!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:06 pm

I have requested the 16th thru the 23rd off from work. Ava, it will be good to see you again. Missed you last year!

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers