Quartzsite 2020

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzsite 2020

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:46 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:No one has mentioned those horrible giant rigs. Are they there? Have fun. I continue thinking of you. Lyn

Lots of them crowding towards Sheila's site. But we haven't let them bother us, except Alice couldn't park in her favorite spot... They started pulling in just an hour or so before she got here.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Here’s a pic of everyone at the potluck in Q today. As always, Sheila’s Navajo tacos were fabulous along with the contributions from everyone else. We also celebrated birthdays for Sheila and Barbie.

L to R: Barbie (BarbaraRose), Alice (avalen), Jenny (SeeyaGal), Chris (Redwahine), Anita (chalet05), Brenda (Brendac), Beth (Bethers), Sandi (monik7), Sheila (snowball). In the foreground is Anita’s Polaris Slingshot.

Here are a couple more. As you can see, we certainly did enjoy the food and great company.

Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Irmi » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:28 pm

Love this picture! Have fun!!!!
Irmi

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:17 pm

Wish I were there! Hopefully, I will be there next year.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:23 pm

Sheila suggested those of us still here come by and we have a hobo stew. We all contributed, Sheila cooked. No pictures, sorry. We had Chris and Al, Brenda, Sheila, me, and a friend of Sheila's. Let's see, Sheila, Brenda and I went out for ice cream BEFORE dinner. Of course that set cooking behind. But was well worth it. Brenda leaves Q tomorrow. Chris and Al leave Monday and I leave Wednesday. Kerry will be back, I think tomorrow, so Sheila won't have this area of the desert all to herself. I've never stayed here this long and I've enjoyed the entire time.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:59 am

Glad you all got a chance to get together for a meal again! Like they say, "life is short. Eat dessert first!" :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:54 pm

I really enjoyed having everyone here last night was fun we will have to do that again ...
my friend that came join us locked her keys in the car... those that came out to help her told me in church that it sure smelled good... I invited them to join us but was assured that they had already eaten...
this was the first year that we had more staying in town then out so it's doable... hopefully we will have more next year
loved having the opportunity to be with you all
sheila
snowball

Postby brendac » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with all the gals in Q. I left this morning around 11:30 and was back at my home park in Arizona City jsut after 4 after stopping at Blue Beacon to clean the desert off the rig and the car.
Thank you Sheila for hosting all the events. Already looking forward to next year.
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby dcricket » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:48 am

Seeing the Q group photo and a couple of familiar faces certainly brought back the Great memories I was there with some of you.
I will certainly plan on getting there next year. :D
Sheila's tacos are AWESOME!!!
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Donna, we're going to hold you to this!
Beth
Bethers

Previous

Return to Get Togethers