Pow Wow Oct 4-6, 2019

Let's get together!

Re: Pow Wow Oct 4-6, 2019

Postby avalen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Enjoy!!! Hoping ya'll have great weather for your gtg.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:51 pm

We are having a good time and weather is very nice. Sunny warm day, cool evening. Will attempt to put up photo.
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:35 am

While the others arrived a few days ago, I followed through with my plan to try and continue participating in forum GTGs even though I sold my RV last month. I made the 214-mile drive north to join everyone for one day at JGW RV Park in Redding, CA yesterday, Friday. We had beautiful weather in the 70s with cool breezes and the beginnings of Fall with lovely falling leaves. While I was there for just the day, the Pow Wow main event at the fairgrounds will be today. We had a great time sitting around and doing what we do best, talking and eating. I got a chance to finally meet Velda (MandysMom) and Laura’s (Cougarfan) mom, Ann. We also enjoyed another GTG favorite, a potluck. Everything looked so good I forgot to take a “before” picture, but trust me, everything was fabulous as it always is. We enjoyed getting tours of Anne’s (Cudedog) handiwork outfitting her van and new trailer, Velda’s van and Laura and Ann’s new to them Class C.

L-R: Anne (Cudedog), Ann (Laura’s mom), Laura (Cougarfan), Karen (OregonLuvr), Velda (MandysMom). Foreground: Emma, Karen’s baby
“After” photo. Trust me, everything was great!

I left in the late afternoon to make the drive back home, so happy I got to continue participating in this forum and staying connected with wonderful friends.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:48 am

Pow Wow day. And the weather is great. Was so excited that Sandi could make it up even if just for the day. We had lots of chatting and eating. Missed seeing her pups tho.

Really enjoying the great weather, visiting, and eating LOL Today after the Pow Wow I need to do a bit of cleaning in here. I dont know how so much gets tracked inside so fast.

Hopefully we will have more pictures later
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:23 pm

it looks like a good time was had by all
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Just been thinking--all of you are very lucky that I could not attend the Pow-wow because my shingles might have been contagious about that time. Now, my son and his family, luckily, have all had the chicken pox vaccine, so I think they are safe as well.

And for the last couple of days, my shingles no longer have even tiny blisters, so I am supposed to be safe at this point, although it does worry me a bit.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:01 am

Shingles is not directly contagious. Only way to pass it is for a person who has not had the virus coming in contact with fluid from the blisters and that's mainly true with people who either never had chicken pox or never had vaccine for chicken pix or shingles.
Velda
MandysMom

Previous

Return to Get Togethers