Quartzsite January 19-27, 2019

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzsite January 19-27, 2019

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:56 pm

looking forward to it Tina!!!
thought Ava was coming in today for a couple weeks but haven't seen her hopefully if she isn't coming
she will let us know...
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:06 pm

My plan is to be in Q about Jan. 14. However, I have a remodel project of my master bathroom in the works. Currently I have a shower/tub combination. I’m having that taken out and will make a nice shower only with a niche, bench, rain shower head and hand-held feature. The contractor is planning on starting Jan. 3 and I hope they’ll finish in time. I want polished brass fixtures which were just ordered yesterday. Polished brass takes longer for some reason so I hope they get here in time. At least the fixtures are installed near the end so shouldn’t slow down the start date. Hope to see everyone soon in Q.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:58 am

Forecast for the 15th thru the 19th looks like low 60's for highs and low 40's for lows with no rain and light winds. Sounds pretty tolerable if the sun is out!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:59 am

Ok, Shiela, I am getting ready to head off and cross west Texas this morning. As I mentioned in response to Beth. me time table is jello depending upon weather fronts, backs and middles...., my stamina and what all I find. I have never been to Q during the high season. You mentioned the big rigs coming in. Is your particular are getting filled up? Will there still be places to boondock near you? Should I plan to park near you or look to find something else. Weather permitting I was hoping to be able to make it out on the lands with you with the help of propane and solar.

It appears that some folks are planning to arrived at all different dates. Is there a time line that some of you recommend over others? As in it is better to get settled early, etc? I am also hoping to remember how to find the right turn off to find you. (Feel free to remind me Shiela, Beth or anyone) since it has been several years since I've been there and it was no in the middle of the busy season like it will be this time. I remember how empty that RV lot in town was....

So here I am taking a big breath and heading out towards Fort Stockton for today.

Tina
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 am

Hi Tina, Just remember LA POSA NORTH. At the trash cans, look for Sheila’s signs. Very gently, work your way to the right, and come on back. We’ll be looking for you. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am

No date better than another. Always room. As Lyn just said, get to La Posa north and call one of us if necessary. We'll get you in.

There's a group that normally park in an area near Sheila we call the big rigs. I guess they've moved a bit closer is all.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 pm

Sheila, who else has a birthday that week besides you and me? Maybe we can do something on the 16th since I am leaving on the 17th.

Haven't heard from Ava on here. Hope she will be there next week too!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Thanks for the info. One more day of driving and without luck I will make it into New Mexico! I will let folks know more as I cross the rest of the states. I will need a laundry stop before I park out in the wilderness.

Tina
BirdbyBird

Postby snowball » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 pm

Barbie
Ava has been MIA for a bit..she is dealing with some health issues hopefully she is still coming..
yes the big rigs are normally across the road but choose to park where Karen parked when she was here.. and Ava likes to park at... I still hope they will move but doubt it.
looking forward to when everyone will be here
sheila
snowball

Postby PeggyinCT » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 pm

The Q gtg is drawing near! Barbie, my birthday is the 21st, the same day as Sheila’s I think. I am camped on BLM land near the VFW on 95 in Yuma right now. Have a few things to do in town and want to visit with a friend in Bouse and then I will join you all. Thanks for the directions, I think I can remember the way. See you soon. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm hoping to still be there, my desert camp is calling my name
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 pm

I hope to see you Ava and Peggy!

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm

my b'day is 22... also Kerry's birthday is during the same time table but I never remember the date
Isn't Anita down in Yuma? or is it Tucson?
yep it's coming soon and am so looking forward to having everyone here
sheila
snowball

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:28 pm

I’m here now and there is lots of room, just not on the side of Sheila where Alice parked last year. Weather is nice, cool in the morning, warm in the afternoon. I am parked so that I may watch Sheila’s bird feeders. Gold finch here this year. Where they here last year?

Went over to the RTR to see what was going on. About 1000 people. Much too crowded for me! Plus, the road going in is pretty rough. Wouldn’t want to take my trailer on it.

Traffic pretty light along in front of the shops. I guess until the “big tent” opens people aren’t in a hurry to arrive here.

Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Thanks for the report. I’m on my way a day at a time.
BirdbyBird

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers