Quartzite 2018 - Jan 20-28

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzite 2018 - Jan 20-28

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 pm

I'll arrive next Sat or Sun... Depending on Peaches and if I can get on the road early enough after working Sat.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm

will be so glad to see everyone
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 am

Sorry I am going to miss this this year. :( Hopefully, I will have a camper next year! Hope the sick doggies feel better soon! Have fun out there. :D Hope the weather cooperates!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 pm

we will miss you Barbie could come and stay with me if it's just not having a TT that is holding
you back...they are starting to arrive...
Sandi and Lyn arrived
Cheryl popped in for a moment
and Louise is in the area she called
as well as myself, Kerry, Ava and Sharon
hurry Beth
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:07 pm

So glad I’ve made it past the flu and am here in Q. Was 71 degrees this afternoon. So different from last year. I was thinking how different it must be for Cheryl (IrishIroamed) as she was wearing Bermudas and a t-shirt - so different from what she would have been wearing before her recent retirement in the Chicago area. Retirement seems to suit her extremely well. Great to see all who are here and hoping Beth and Louise will be arriving soon. Kerry let us know tonight about a sighting of a number is coyotes in the area so we all have to be extra careful when walking the pups - and no off-leash.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:34 pm

Yay, Sandi! I was worried about you with the flu. It looks like the temps will be dropping with my arrival. :o But nothing like last year.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Ok, so we can blame Beth if it gets cold :P

Sandi yesterday was the first for shorts in a while. Should have had them on today too. It was hot outside! Guess I better dress in layers.

It was fun seeing Sandi & Lyn again
And meeting Alice, Sheila & Sharon too. And cant forget the puppers!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby cnq50b » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Add me to the list... - not sure if I can anymore :(
My furnace worked & with the generator working, I should be set. The stove burners won't ignite, but I have a butane burner I can use outside.
My plan is to head out Friday morning & stay until Sunday.
I'll head to La Posa north & will call either Lyn or Sandi when I get there for further directions - unless anyone wants to post them here for us newbies.

I'm looking forward to meeting so many of you in person - finally.

Oh, what should I bring food-wise - especially if there is a potluck planned for that weekend. I'll bring what I need but what can i bring to share?

Update:
I was supposed to have the windshield replaced today due to a ding which had become a very long crack recently. They called & said they couldn't do it since there is some rust where the windshield attaches to the frame. I need to have that fixed first & then they'll replace the windshield. I've done some online research & it might not be wise to drive it out there with this crack (it's about halfway across the entire length of the windshield). I'm taking it somewhere tomorrow for an estimate but I know it will take quite a while to fix. Any thoughts? Is it that dangerous?
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby monik7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Catherine: I’ve been driving with a crack across almost 1/2 of my windshield for a year. I’m just careful about washing it. I don’t take it to a car wash because that causes the crack to grow.
Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby avalen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Have a lengthwise crack in my car for good 4 years, no big deal to me, but I did do one side of my motorhome before my summer trip because it was actually moving. It had rust around the frame as well, the glass company fixed it too,
Certainly hope you can make it, the stove ya know just has cobwebs cause you've neglected having any fun camping, its a sign ya know! We're planning a potluck Tuesday, so just bring what ya need for the weekend.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:15 pm

And if the crack is that big, they'll replace the windshield... That's fast and easy.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Is Sheila making her Navajo Tacos on Tuesday? If so she usually has a list of the extras needed... Sheila?
Beth
Bethers

Postby cnq50b » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 pm

OK! Looks like I'm still good. Thanks for the feedback. Insurance will replace the windshield - its the windshield company that wouldn't put it in until I fix the rust.
Ava, I like your theory about the stove - that'll give me something to investigate while I'm there.
See ya' on Friday! :)
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby monik7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Yay, looking forward to seeing you Catherine. Travel safe.
Sandi

monik7

Postby snowball » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 pm

I hate asking this question but Catherine what time do you need to leave on Sunday?
if you come in on Sunday Beth what time would be your ETA?
Reason I am asking is we could change the pot luck to Sunday IE the Navajo Taco's
if you want them I am good anyway... if that works for Beth and Catherine. but we do need to decide as we need to let Louise and Jenny know as well as Evie if she is here...
as to the direction's although there are signs out it is always easier via a guide
but will give them as best I can...go to La Posa North...stay on the paved road it will peter out at a wash go through the wash on the right side of that road and next to the wash is a area with tents 5th wheel sign with karaoke and pot luck on Thurs. turn to your right on the drivers side is a sign close to ground teddy bear and cardinal name of Boyd on it follow the road yes there is a road that goes through a very small wash ditch or dip what have you again on the drivers side on the ground is another bear/cardinal with arrow and a yellow sign "road to no where" also a speed limit sign 15 mph keep on the road it will merge with another road you will turn right at the larger teddy bear/ cardinal Boyd and Road to No Where sign...you have arrived note if you went past the dumpsters you went to far...
ok as to food Navajo Taco's usually consist of scones or fry bread whichever you use..with chili on top of that the condiments that you would use on a taco...lettuce...cheese ...onions sauce like taco or whatever onions...avocado's ect...they tend to be very filling so not much more is needed but always eaten if there...I typically furnish the chili and scones and onions as it is in the chili as well
so there you have it...now my feelings won't be hurt if you just want something different I might wail cry hit my head but the feelers won't be hurt :lol: :lol: :lol: so let me know so I will get my stuff and we do need to zero in on the day
sheila
snowball

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers