Quartzite 2018 - Jan 20-28

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzite 2018 - Jan 20-28

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Parvo is dangerous many places... It's a vaccination all puppies need to receive. Pretty much true lots of places. Valley fever is more localized here in the desert. And we can catch it also.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Pooker » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:35 pm

I am scheduled to stay at Rice Ranch with some folks from my Good Sam camping club from Jan 17-24. I'm hoping someone with transportation will come pick me up to go to Sheila's one or two times while I'm there. I've been going to Q for years and years. Sometimes it has been so darn hot during the day that you wonder if it's really January. Other times it gets downright frigid. But it will just about always be cold at night. And lets all pray we don't get rain! My experience says you'll need more than a sweater (winter jacket, hat, gloves and a nice, warm throw). I have a picture of one of our GTG's where we are ALL wearing winter jackets and lap robes, too! Some of you will remember that I bailed early from the group at BLM area a few years back when I couldn't get my generator to stay on and froze my golywhatsis! That's why I'm sharing a site at Rice Ranch with friends - my old bones need the electricity!

As for getting into an RV park - it might be downright impossible unless you make reservations way ahead. One year a group of us had reservations and when we got there the RV park didn't honor our reservations! But it's a sight not to miss! A totally different place.

As for the question about where Q is - I-10 cuts straight through town. It's across the Colorado River from Blythe, CA.

Pooker
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Yay, Evie! Too long since I've seen you. I don't have a car but I'm sure we'll get you transportation!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:45 pm

not a problem Evie
I have a truck but might be easier to get into one of the smaller
cars Sandi will have hers I know someone will come pick you up
sheila
snowball

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:02 pm

I made reservations at a park 12 miles eat of Q starting on January 13th & will be staying there a month. Basically 1/2 way between Q & a cousins so I'll be driving everywhere.

Evie, if you need a ride, PM me. I may be available sometimes. Promise I'm not one of the infamous axe murdered in the forum. :D
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby monik7 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Some of you may have already learned this, but I thought I would post it for anyone who hasn’t. Doggie Dental, which does non-anesthetic dental cleanings for dogs, is no longer coming to Blythe, CA during the Q RV show. I guess they have too much business in their home area in Southern CA so they’ve decided to stop traveling to the areas they used to visit. I’m upset because I’ve taken my dogs there for the last 3 or 4 years. In trying to find a place near my home I’ve discovered that Doggie Dental’s price was MUCH lower than anyone in my area. Another reason to be upset. :evil:
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 pm

monik7 wrote:Some of you may have already learned this, but I thought I would post it for anyone who hasn’t. Doggie Dental, which does non-anesthetic dental cleanings for dogs, is no longer coming to Blythe, CA during the Q RV show. I guess they have too much business in their home area in Southern CA so they’ve decided to stop traveling to the areas they used to visit. I’m upset because I’ve taken my dogs there for the last 3 or 4 years. In trying to find a place near my home I’ve discovered that Doggie Dental’s price was MUCH lower than anyone in my area. Another reason to be upset. :evil:
Sandi

dang was going to do that...I wonder if they are coming at a different time??
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Nope Sheila. I talked to her and she said it doesn’t pay to travel so far when they have so much business that keeps them constantly busy right in their immediate area. In my area it’s almost twice what Doggie Dental charges!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:01 pm

:cry: Had them on my list to call. Oh well. Those of you in California could possibly take a trip to them.
Beth
Bethers

Re: Quartzite 2018 - Jan 20-2

Postby Roadweaver » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Hello ladies,
My life has been weird but I think I finally got it back on track, long story and I will have to tell you when I see you. I will be in Quartzite from Ja. 14 to Jan 28 staying with The Escappee Boomers and would love to catch up with you while I am there.
Louise
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com
Roadweaver

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:57 pm

love to see you Louise
looking forward to catching up
been wondering about you
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:16 pm

Louise, I hope to see you and catch up also.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:52 am

IrishIroamed wrote:I made reservations at a park 12 miles eat of Q starting on January 13th & will be staying there a month. Basically 1/2 way between Q & a cousins so I'll be driving everywhere.

Evie, if you need a ride, PM me. I may be available sometimes. Promise I'm not one of the infamous axe murdered in the forum. :D

Oh! Please let me know the name of the park! I just might make reservations too!

I have been hoping to come to Q for the last couple of months. I have most of the "bits" for a solar install on my van, but have been dragging my feet in getting it done. My primary concerns in coming for the week for the GTG are these:

1. Being too cold. My van is well insulated, but without hookups I don't have heat. Have looked into the various models of "Buddy" heaters, but they scare me. The space inside my van is so small, there really isn't a stable place that I could put one, the concern being a fire and/or C02.

2. Water. I have two five-gallon jugs I can bring, but I need to bathe every night in order to be comfortable. I have a lot of "phantom itching" that is only quelled when I bathe. I can generally ignore the itching during the day, but at bedtime, when trying to fall asleep, I can't ignore it. So I bathe every night before going to bed. Ten gallons of water for bathing would only last a few days - and then there is cooking and wash-up that also requires water.

3. Sewage. I am not self-contained, but I do have a very nice Thetford porta-potty (that was recommended to me some years back by the ladies on this forum! Thank you! :) ) but this will only last a day or two. Where to dump the Thetford?

A stay at a park with hook-ups would be just the ticket to get me moving. Really anxious to get away for a bit, especially after the Christmas debacle that is shaping up for me.

Thanks! :-)

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby avalen » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Anne, call shady lane rv park see if they have space,
(928)927-6844
They are right in town, 185 N Central Blvd
They have a website too. Their rates are cheap.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:38 pm

I hope both of you make it. Louise and Annie. Its been a long time since we have seen you Louise, and Annie, altho it has not been a long time, it has been time. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers