Is there a meet up in Quartzsite this coming January- 2018?

Let's get together!

Is there a meet up in Quartzsite this coming January- 2018?

Postby yellowroses » Wed May 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Met a woman in a convenience store in Keystone, SD who suggested I join Women RVing. She solos and has just moved down to a class B rig. I am a member of RVing Women and forgot I already joined Women RVing last year until I checked my bookmarks. Not much was happening on the forum so I wandered off. I started on the road this April with a driving school in Oklahoma (RVing Women), moved on to a Maintenance Rally in Kansas and then to South Dakota with two weeks in the Black Hills. I am leaving the Black Hills in two days for Wyoming and Montana for June, July and August and part of September. I was looking for meet-ups since I am traveling solo. It would be nice to meet other women who are doing the same.

I hear about Quartzsite being so much fun and many groups meet up there in January. Not sure how anyone finds the others to meet up with in a crowd of about a million people.

Please post if there will be another get-together this coming January.

Thanks,
Kate
T.A.N.S.T.A.AF.L
yellowroses

Re: Is there a meet up in Quartzsite this coming January- 20

Postby Bethers » Wed May 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Kate, I'm sure there will be. I go about every other year. It probably won't get officially set up until some of the women who spend all winter there get down there. So don't be a stranger!

Nice that you talked to Linda. I'm another full time rver working in that store this summer.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby WickedLady » Wed May 24, 2017 7:59 pm

I will be in the area for the winter and will most likely hit Q. Hope to meet you there.
WickedLady

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed May 24, 2017 10:22 pm

There are several ladies from here who meet up down in Q about the middle of January every year. Sheila is there every winter.

There are always groups (2 or more) from here who get together in various locations around the country each year. If you look on the GTG thread, we post them there as they get planned.

Glad you met Linda in Keystone. She and I met on this forum about 7 years ago and became good friends. You can also look on the members map and see where we are all located. You can always stop to visit any of us if you are in the neighborhood!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Wed May 24, 2017 11:21 pm

I winter in Quartzsite boondock out on BLM land and is where we have a gtg some years there are lots others not so much
this past winter was so cold we didn't do a lot others it's so pleasant lots to do...so keep an eye out when it is closer to winter
we will post....
I summer in Idaho at my dd's close to Jackson Wy the Teton National Park as well as Yellowstone if you make it to the area
give a shout out and we will gtg
sheila
snowball

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu May 25, 2017 10:13 am

Hi, I will be in Q this winter for two weeks. Camping with Sheila and gang. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby yellowroses » Thu May 25, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks for the replies. I think I will head that way late December to find a spot before the crowd arrives for January. I will watch the gtg notices.

Thanks for the invitation to meet in the Jackson/Teton area, Sheila. I expect to be at the southern end of Yellowstone at the start of September and hope to stay for a couple of weeks. It would be nice to meet up with another woman RVer.

Now that I have met two Women RVers- quite by happenstance- you all seem more real. Not just anonymous fictional usernames on a website in the ether. I definitely will watch the forum for gtg news.

Thanks,
Kate
T.A.N.S.T.A.AF.L
yellowroses

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu May 25, 2017 1:22 pm

I will also be around the Yellowstone area in mid September. If you are still there, we should meet up! I am heading to San Diego from Minnesota right after Labor Day with my new trailer and taking my time to see things along the way.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby yellowroses » Thu May 25, 2017 8:37 pm

I will keep checking the forum and look forward to meeting some of you this September around Jackson/Yellowstone/Teton area.
Kate
T.A.N.S.T.A.AF.L
yellowroses

Postby snowball » Thu May 25, 2017 11:17 pm

most of our names are not fictional...look forward to seeing you oh you are more than
welcome to come to the middle of nowhere and camp out with us
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Fri May 26, 2017 8:38 am

snowball wrote:most of our names are not fictional...look forward to seeing you oh you are more than
welcome to come to the middle of nowhere and camp out with us
sheila

The middle of nowhere is what Sheila has named the area in Quartzsite where she parks for the season. It's a great area. And you couldn't ask for a better person to park near.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 am

Kate, I'll be in western Montana around the end of August. Let me know if you'll be in the general area and maybe we can get together. I will definitely be in Q in January. I sure hope it will be warmer than last January and also hope we have a good turnout.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Sheila is a great cook, so you definitely want to hang out close to her site! I am also planning to go to Q in January again (with my own camper this time! Yay!).

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby avalen » Sat May 27, 2017 10:42 pm

I'll be in Q in January, I live in AZ full time but I'm planning a trip up
to Washington in a few weeks, I'm going to hit spots in Oregon too and
probably Idaho. I'll be wandering around for a couple months. Do come
to Quartzsite, its always fun.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby yellowroses » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Quartzsite sounds good. I hope to make it. I just got to Cody, WY and plan to stay until the end of August. If anyone comes this way, give a shout out.
Kate
T.A.N.S.T.A.AF.L
yellowroses

Next

Return to Get Togethers