Thomson Causeway COE Park, Thomson, IL- Sept. 28-Oct.4, 2017

Let's get together!

Re: Thomson Causeway COE Park, Thomson, IL- Sept. 28-Oct.4,

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:47 pm

I booked site 59 for 9/28 & leaving on 10/3.

woohoo!!!!

Fingers crossed tho. These dates are in our next fiscal year at work. I notified the boss, but cannot officially submit the time or, or it can't be approved until at earliest July 1st.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:23 pm

OK...I'm in...site 58, 9/27 to 10/5. Looking forward to meeting you all! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon May 01, 2017 8:02 am

well this is almost 1400 miles from Melbourne... if I'm in Pennsylvania will need to add that miles on to it also.... as I would be stopping there on my way back to Florida in the fall I don't think I can do this one...
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:04 am

I've been thinking abut this one but only sites left near others who plan to come are 50AMP. So, is there an adapter that you plug in to post or? that will allow me to connect my 30AMP?
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:57 am

Redetotry wrote:I've been thinking abut this one but only sites left near others who plan to come are 50AMP. So, is there an adapter that you plug in to post or? that will allow me to connect my 30AMP?

Most 50 amp sites also have 30 amp on the pole. But I highly recommend you have two adaptors... A 30 to 50 and a 30 to 20.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:38 am

It would be wonderful if you can make it! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:47 pm

I booked site 46 for the 28th - 3rd. I have not been to this area before, should be fun. Hope the weather is nice, looking forward to seeing everyone.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Don't know for sure if I can actually make it but I at least made a reservation. I think it was site 63....... Will know more as the weeks go by. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Redetotry » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:52 am

BirdbyBird wrote:Don't know for sure if I can actually make it but I at least made a reservation. I think it was site 63....... Will know more as the weeks go by. :)

Guess who has site 56 right across from you Tina :) I also plan to be there if possible. May even have a friend along, not Toby :o, a two legged friend. Looking forward to seeing everyone but not looking forward to being in the woods, maybe the nasty little ticks will be gone by then.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

:) :) :) :) Just walking around campgrounds is usually not too bad...it is the hikes in certain woods that are scary. I must say for all the camping, hiking and woods Liz and I wandered through I only found two ticks in the 2.5 months. One crawling on the top of a young Lark's back which I figured had not found out that Lark had been treated and jumped off...and one I found on my leg. I always have thought that they jump off the dogs and then figure I might be a good alternative. I did a lot of tick checks visually and my hand and never once woke up in the middle of the night with the awful sensation.... :roll: Now I will admit to seeing small black and brown spots on bedding and the couch...which would send me rushing to put on my reading glasses only to find out it was a tuff of Audrey hair or forest detritus carried on on little furry feet......
BirdbyBird

Postby bertk523 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:55 am

I have long standing camping plans for Sept 29 - Oct 1. I am thinking about coming out on Oct 1. I am hoping this is still on !! hope to see you all. I have not made reservations, but think Sunday - Tues or Weds would not be a problem.

roberta
bertk523

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 am

I am on my way and will be there later today! GTG may be small or large in number of attendees but always measured by the quality of good adventures and old and new friendships....well and food, many measure gtgs by food. :)
BirdbyBird

Postby Liz » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Have a great time!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Sue, Cheryl, Eileen and I have made it in. The kayaks are all on the ground and ready to go. Hoping to see Lyn's smiling face tomorrow. We have firewood but not a whole lot of energy tonight. The sun set over the river was beautiful. The dogs have been walked and have already figured out that this more like their summer camping. They were tired of just waiting around the fairgrounds while Josef got the attention. :shock:
BirdbyBird

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Big thank you to everyone who made it to the GTG! I really enjoyed relaxing next to the river, visiting around the campsites, watching the birds and eagles and exploring some of the nearby areas. I am not enjoying the few flies that have traveled on down the road with me today but at least we all have fly swatters now! Cheryl did you find your grandparent's grave sites?
BirdbyBird

Previous

Return to Get Togethers