Phase #1 at Quartzsite...

Let's get together!

Phase #1 at Quartzsite...

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:47 am

The weekenders consisted of me, Lyn, Sheila, Linda, Ava, and Kerry (and significant others). There are a few coming in this week and they will have Phase #2 of the Get-together there. I believe it will be Beth, Karen, Sharon and maybe a few others. Lyn will still be there.

The location is somewhere out here...head toward the mountains and then turn right at the rock pile next to the cactus...? :?

This sign didn't help much...

Here is a helpful sign...Sheila's sign, and a sign for "nowhere"

Not much dust due to the rain but watch out for those big mud puddles!

Linda and Ken, and Sheila. Sheila made her famous scones! She will do the fry bread tacos for the next group.

Ava and her friend Bill

A very brief sunrise on Sunday morning before the clouds rolled in...(like 5 minutes at the most!)
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Phase #1 at Quartzsite...

Postby MandysMom » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:50 am

Nice to see whats happening at the Q! thanks for the update.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 am

Having a blast, little sprinkle now and then and little sunshine now and then as well. Can't wait til the rest of the girls get here, hopefully they aren't stuck in a place with bad weather.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Not very nice this morning, sun was out for the required 5 minutes then the clouds came in and the wind with it. It looks like good weather tho for the rest of the week so I will leave in the morning should be there around noon. Do I just go to the La Posa North Welcome center to pay???? Then where...LOL feeling lost already it is a big desert out there ha ha

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby monik7 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:42 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:Not very nice this morning, sun was out for the required 5 minutes then the clouds came in and the wind with it. It looks like good weather tho for the rest of the week so I will leave in the morning should be there around noon. Do I just go to the La Posa North Welcome center to pay???? Then where...LOL feeling lost already it is a big desert out there ha ha

karen

Yes, pay at the LaPosa North small bldg. Then drive straight ahead. Just after you see the "Speed Limit No Dust" sign that Barbie posted, you'll see dumpsters on the right and you'll also see Sheila's sign. Turn hard right there and continue on that "road" for maybe 1/4 mile. Always stay to the right. Eventually you'll see another of Sheila's signs and an arrow to turn right. You're there!

Sorry I won't see you. Had to leave last week. Sick. :(
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks Sandi. So sorry you are sick, I was looking forward to hanging out some more with you. Hope you are feeling better.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm

I wondered why you weren't in the pictures, Sandi! I'm glad we got together here since we'll not see each other there. Karen, do you have anyone's number to call in case you get lost? Alice turned after the dumpsters instead of before them her first time. She went off-road in her car to cut across after calling me and I walked down the right road looking for her. She saw me and zoomed across lol.

See you all sometime Wed afternoon. The wind has picked up today in Tucson. But sunny all day today. When the wind calms, it's beautiful.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:49 pm

I do have Lyn's number I dont even know who all is still there. I have Sandi's number but she is gone now so......

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:22 pm

Sheila, Lyn, and Ava are there now.

I missed the dumpsters but there is a white tent just after the "Speed Limit No Dust" sign. Turn right after that tent (which is just before the red dumpsters) and you will see car tracks. Look for Sheila's little sign and the NoWhere sign (photo I posted) and head to the right of that. Sheila and Ava are along the tree line down a little ways.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:07 am

we are about a 1/2 mile think from the dumpsters... that tripod sign that Barbie showed a picture of
if you look ground level there will be the first of the bear/cardinal boyd sign....then not far from there is another again
ground level that is just bear and cardinal and a yellow sign road to no where just follow the road....then you will see the
bigger bear and cardinal boyd sign that is shown...glad you have Lyn's phone number I probably won't be on the forum till
tomorrow night how ever I can get on FB and give you my phone number however I will be in town a little longer tomorrow
than normal so Lyn will be better but just in case will in box you my number
see you Karen tomorrow Beth Weds and Sharon hopefully soon she is water logged from my understanding
sheila
snowball

Return to Get Togethers