Mississippi Palisades State Park, Savanna, IL Aug. 25-28

Let's get together!

Mississippi Palisades State Park, Savanna, IL Aug. 25-28

Postby gingerK » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:28 am

I will be camping with another group from IL at Mississippi Palisades State Park, on August 25 thru 28. Feel free to join us, if you'd like. I've never camped here before, nor been to this park so I have no knowledge of sites, levelness, or other things. Since it's near the river, I would assume it's probably kind of hilly.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Re: Mississippi Palisades State Park, Savanna, IL Aug. 25-28

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:43 pm

I went hiking there about 2 years ago BC (before Colt). It is very hilly and although the Reserve America map looks like the sites are on the Mississippi, they are not. It's close by by unless you go to one of the observation points, you can't see the river (unless they've cut trees recently). Also, since it's so hilly, some of the sites I saw are actually all by themselves, such as around a curve in the road, and not in a group.

Nice park though. Eagle watching is done there also, but not at the time I was there. Have fun.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Mississippi Palisades State Park, Savanna, IL Aug. 25-28

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:28 am

Kathy ~ a friend of mine just went tent camping at Mississippi Palisades this July 4th weekend. The pics of the loop she was on looks nice. . . and pretty flat. So if you are closer to the north entrance, the sites are more level and if you have a GTG, you won't have to drive to visit.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Return to Get Togethers